Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Attack Of The Skeleton Horde

At dusk when the sunlight grow dim, the skeletal horde attack the fortified walls of the castle accompanied by their lethal slithering champion. The tar filled moat set afire by the castle's defenders proves to be a temporary deterent in their conquest.

Behind the gates assembled the finest knights and infantry ready to take on anything that comes through their defenses. In the final reckoning, would their own champion Cerberus be able to annihilate the other?

5233095500_90f88a2500_b.jpg

5233095462_a227d729b7_b.jpg

5233095426_82d86de0b2_b.jpg

As usual click the pics for more details...

AC

A nice entry for CCC AC, I assume its a 32x32 limitation on this category, which would make cramming a lively battle quite a challenge, though you have been able to evoke a sense of battle here nicely. Good luck.

Great build as always AC, I really like the flaming tar-filled moat, that's quite an interesting detail rarely seen in Castle MOCs. The serpent monster looks intimidating too, too bad it has to be cut off due to the area limitation. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

The high walls look very strong, and I like the holes for the archers in it.

Like KielDaMan said, the flaming tar stuff is a great touch as well and you have a nice skeleton army.

My only small complaint is that it seems like they didn't close the gates just in front of the 2 horses. I would close them in a battle like this.

But still, very good job :thumbup:

That is too cool, I love that dragons head and all the fire in the back, like usual its got so much detail you must check out the additional pictures.

Really cool.

Amazing creation! It is very detailed and action-packed. I too particularly like the dragon's head. :classic:

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

A nice entry for CCC AC, I assume its a 32x32 limitation on this category, which would make cramming a lively battle quite a challenge, though you have been able to evoke a sense of battle here nicely. Good luck.

Yes, there's a size limitation (2 32x32 or 1 48x48 footprint) and I chose to show the clear, distinct battle lines between the two opposing sides.

Great build as always AC, I really like the flaming tar-filled moat, that's quite an interesting detail rarely seen in Castle MOCs. The serpent monster looks intimidating too, too bad it has to be cut off due to the area limitation. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

The moat was added late and actually had to rebuild the castle walls to bring the base from just the bare baseplate to what you see. Glad that it was done at it evokes a more lively scene and really tried to get the whole body of the serpent in it but didn't work so had to chop it off.

The high walls look very strong, and I like the holes for the archers in it.

Like KielDaMan said, the flaming tar stuff is a great touch as well and you have a nice skeleton army.

My only small complaint is that it seems like they didn't close the gates just in front of the 2 horses. I would close them in a battle like this.

But still, very good job :thumbup:

Tried at first to have the scene in full skirmish between the two armies which would have had the drawbridge down together with the gates open. But it was so hard having to pose the skeleton minifigs and the gates were left open so that the knights have a clear view of what was in store for them when they charge out!

That is too cool, I love that dragons head and all the fire in the back, like usual its got so much detail you must check out the additional pictures.

Really cool.

Correction, that's not a dragon but a serpent but I can see why you'd think that. Yes, more details like the flaming head and the drummer.

Amazing creation! It is very detailed and action-packed. I too particularly like the dragon's head. :classic:

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Better check the rest of the pics to view other details like the catapult launch and archers in line.

AC