roamingstop

Logging in from an iphone - looses username

I have set my normal PC's to store my username in a cookie, so that when I come to the site Im automatically logged in, and can view the top 20 posts from a bookmarked page. This also used to work on my iphone until earlier this week. Now when I come to the site via my iphone it tells me im not logged in... so I then log in, and tick 'leave me logged in'. My username is then listed top right. I then navigate to the forum side, but discover my username is missing and I need to log in again. So I try again, same thing, username is listed then disappears on the next page. This is only a problem from the iphone.

That is odd. I have to log in manually every time I visit on an iPad (same basic OS) but it remembers me for the session at least.

I log in from both iPad and iPhone (more than my PC) and stay logged in no probs on both.

Check your iOS updates and Safari updates in App Store. Also check your Safari settings and make sure you haven't Disabled cookies.

Cheers

Rog

Check your iOS updates and Safari updates in App Store. Also check your Safari settings and make sure you haven't Disabled cookies.

Cookies working for all other websites / sessions I use... so unless it could be disabled on a per site basis (will need to check)... as to the iOS updates, it was updated a few weeks ago without any problems. Oh well, the pain of not being able to iphone surf EB. probably good.

This is a shot in the dark, but sign in, then immediately sign out, which should clear your EB cookies, and then sign in again and make sure you check the box to remember you.