Spanish flags for your creations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic  – Started by Col. Whipstick , Dec 11 2007 09:22 PM

#1 Col. Whipstick

Col. Whipstick
  • Professor of Colonial History

Member: 1079

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

I've always found the Spanish flags particularly attractive and it's only a shame that on this forum few will be motivated to produce Spanish and Portuguese caravels and forts but for those that do I'm pleased to bring you these flags.  Once again I'm going to re-iterate because some critics of my flags don't seem to be listening.  First and foremost these flags are not intended to be highly accurate, the history and nature of vexillogy is complex enough.  These flags are meant to spice up lego models and the descriptions I've applied are only to help give an idea but if people are going to be obsessed about the details go to wikipedia to see if you are using them accurately.  Personally I'm just interested in seeing some cool MOC's with some character.  I am honestly getting annoyed given the endless hours of work I've done to only receive criticism, if you're unhappy about the flags, make them yourselves, obviously this only concerns certain members.  I hope everyone else enjos them enough for me to continue making more.

Right, the three Spanish flags I've nominated are firstly The Cross of Burgundy, yes Burgundy which was an independent kingdom for the longest time until it eventually became a region of France.  However the cross of Burgundy has become an important image in the history of Spain and it was used extensively in the New World.  Next up is the Coronela flag which seems to reffer to some military purpose and if I get this right, it's a revised version which was authorised by Philip II of Spain, Spain's best known protagonist king, like say Louis XIV for France.  I like the flag because the addition of the yellow makes it feel more Spanish and one can see the evolution to out last flag.  The civil flag of Spain has not changed in 1785 and when one isn't able to produce the complex coat of arms on the national flag this flag is easy to produce.  So here are your Spanish flags folks...

For more history click here...  
Flag of Spain (Wikipedia)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Lord Of Pies

Lord Of Pies
  • Official Pirate Set Reviewer, who's back into pirates!

Member: 2085

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

Yet another fine batch of flags! *y*
Are you hasty for a tasty pastry?

#3 Col. Whipstick

Col. Whipstick

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

Really frustrating that I can't print these out and see how if they fit myself...

#4 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat
  • Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

View PostCol. Whipstick, on Dec 11 2007, 11:42 PM, said:

Really frustrating that I can't print these out and see how if they fit myself...

Some sticker paper and markers work really well too ;-)
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#5 Col. Whipstick

Col. Whipstick

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:17 AM

View PostCaptain green hair, on Dec 12 2007, 12:06 AM, said:

Some sticker paper and markers work really well too ;-)

As I've said before, I don't ever have my lego with me, that's the reason I said it, added to that what's the point of me going to all this work just to use markers.

#6 Wouwie

Wouwie
  • Thank you for proven services to Classic-Pirates.com.

Member: 1890

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:30 AM

Ah L'Espanyol! And again, they look very nice!
The real truth:
Posted Image

#7 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

That flag index is looking to be more and more a good idea.

Good work Whippy Sticky *y* X-D

#8 Col. Whipstick

Col. Whipstick

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

View PostMister Phes, on Dec 13 2007, 08:52 PM, said:

That flag index is looking to be more and more a good idea.

Good work Whippy Sticky *y* X-D

Well putting them in an index was kinda the reason I did them, suggested it in my first post on the subject.  There's one little complication, I've already had a few EB members make comments who aren't really Pirate people and though that particular set of flags runs from around 1400 - 1900 thus suiting us the most, I'm sure the castle and town people would like some as appropriate.  Given sufficient time I may make flags more feudal or contemporary so should those be indexed here?  Then again do I want non-pirate people buying up all the lego pirate flags for non pirate era MOC's?

#9 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

I think Feudal is heading in the direction of History & Adventure and Contemporary is best in Trains & Town.  Although they may like you to post them in their new Mini-Figure Customisation Forum.  I'm really not sure.

But everything pirate related stays here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links