Sign in to follow this  
Pyrovisionary

Heroica RPG - Quest #106 Devilish Documents

quest.png

The party makes their way to Dr Slant's house, anticipating the worst, they make their way to the lone entrance of his apartment. These Heroes were:

13749538635_9a402bbb2a_t.jpg

Deus Spiranius (Lego Spy)

23 year old Male Human Ranger

Level: 5

Power: 8

Defense: 1

Health: 9/9

Ether: 0

Gold: 25

Equipment: Bow (WP: 3), Tricorne (Headwear: SP: +1)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Venom, Smelling Salts, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors.), Mythril Shard x1, Level Up Mushroom (Raises level by 1 full level when used)

Darksten (Comrade Commander)

35 year old Male Human Ranger

Level 9

Power: 15

Health: 15/15

SP: 2

Gold: 15

Equipment: Crossbow (WP: 6); Sand-Worn Hide (SP: 2)

Inventory:

Consumables:Potion x3, Remedy,,Grand Potion x2, Phoenix Essence x2, Ambrosia, Mead, Venom, Smelling Salt, Soma, Root Beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage. The Root Beer does not affect non-undead enemies), Floral Bomb (Bomb, 5 Wood Elemental damage), Smoke bomb

Weapons: Spider String Bow (WP: 4, Darkness Elemental Bow),

Equipment: Safety Blanket (SP: 1, protects from Afraid, backwear),

Roleplay: Bedroll, Utility Knife (roleplay item), Fang of Kos (roleplay item), Fang of Lolth (Roleplay item), Hint Coin (Gives the user a hint about a puzzle or tricky situation. Usable only once. Has no monetary value.), Level Up Mushroom (Raises Level by 1 full Level when consumed)

8605602704_4e09abb709_t.jpg

Grimwald Gjinko (LordoftheNoobs)

69 year old male gnome Sage *Party leader*

Level: 16

Power: 22 (15 + 8 + permanent boost of 1)

SP: 0

Health: 30/30

Ether: 26/26

Gold: 748

Equipment: Splinter Broom (WP: 8, broomstick, defies SP), Spellbound Gloves (Increases the power of spells by 5, doubled if the enemy is weak to the element)

Inventory:

*Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll

*Opal, Amethyst, Diamond, Topaz

*Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep

*Mead, Remedy x3, Potion x2, Bone x2, Grand Potion, Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten), Ice Bomb, Root beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against Undead enemies for 20 damage (Does not affect non-Undead enemies)), Ambrosia, Smoke Bomb, Plague Venom, Grand Tonic x2, Nostrum, Sushi (restores 5 HP and 5 Ether) x2, Smelling Salts, Mythril Shard

With party approaching the door, An undead nervously walks up to them.

outside_associates_house.jpg

zombie_enemy.jpg

"You goin' to see the Doc? Good luck with that. Bloke's more paranoid than a... Than a... He's just paranoid alright! Someone broke into his house or somethin."

Ooc: Welcome to Quest #106! Great to have you all! You have 24 or so hours to post otherwise you may* get replaced :tongue: This is my first quest so please tell me when I get something wrong!

*Will

Edited by Pyrovisionary

OOC: Darksten checking in!

Darksten walks with the party towards the Doctors house. As they approach, he notices the shape of a man out front. It is only when they get closer that he realizes the man is an undead.

The pungent smell of death filled Darksten's nose and he fought back the urge to hurl. This was Darksten's first true encounter with an zombie and so far he was not impressed.

Instinclty he moved to the otherside of the road, trying hard not to make it too blatant however.

Edited by Comrade Commander

As Deus and his companions neared the house, he noticed an undead to the right of the front door.

zombie_enemy.jpg

"Someone broke into his house or somethin."

"Really? When was that?" Deus asked the undead, curiously.

Grimwald looked at the zombie warily. Most of his encounters with the undead had been less than pleasant.

(OOC: I've bought some items at the Marketplace and added the robes that Nerwen sold me, and I've updated my hero statistics accordingly.)

Grimwlad Gjinko (LoroftheNoobs)

Gold: 398 (Owes Nerwen 300)

Equipment: Splinter Broom (WP: 8, broomstick, defies SP), Spellbound Gloves (Increases the power of spells by 5, doubled if the enemy is weak to the element), Robes of the Disciple of Ennoc (+5 max. health, +5 max. ether, meditation restores 2 ether, body-wear)

Inventory:

*Mead, Remedy x3, Potion x2, Bone x2, Grand Potion, Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten, user can choose how many are eaten at a time), Ice Bomb, Root beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against Undead enemies for 20 damage (Does not affect non-Undead enemies)), Ambrosia, Smoke Bomb, Plague Venom, Grand Tonic x2, Nostrum, Sushi (restores 5 HP and 5 Ether) x2, Smelling Salts, Mythril Shard

"Really? When was that?" Deus asked the undead, curiously.

zombie_enemy.jpg

"How should I know? Nobody tells me nuthin. Doc's even tried to get rid o' me. Thought I did it." The undead notices the weapons carried by the party. "Ere, you been hired by the doc to....." The undead backs up, nervously, clasping his bucket.

(OOC: I'm so sorry, I just realised I forgot to include the things I bought at the Marketplace! :wall: I've updated it again. I'm really sorry about that! :blush:)

"Oh no no no, my good man, we were simply sent here to retrieve some documents from Dr. Slant for a Mr. Harold Bismark.

So, is the good doctor still here? May we see him?"

Ooc: I'll Post the bigger update tonight, when the others are also on, sorry :blush:. I can tell these timezones are going to be annoying. :sceptic:

Grimwald Gjinko

Equipment: Splinter Broom (WP: 8, broomstick, defies SP), Spellbound Gloves (Increases the power of spells by 5, doubled if the enemy is weak to the element), Robes of the Disciple of Ennoc (+5 max. health, +5 max. ether, meditation restores 2 ether, body-wear)

Inventory:

*Mead x4, Remedy x3, Potion x2, Bone x2, Grand Potion, Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten, user can choose how many are eaten at a time), Ice Bomb, Root beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against Undead enemies for 20 damage (Does not affect non-Undead enemies)), Ambrosia, Smoke Bomb, Plague Venom, Grand Tonic x2, Nostrum x3, Sushi (restores 5 HP and 5 Ether) x2, Smelling Salts x4, Mythril Shard, Phoenix Essence, Mulled Wine x2

"How should I know? Nobody tells me nuthin. Doc's even tried to get rid o' me. Thought I did it." The undead notices the weapons carried by the party. "Ere, you been hired by the doc to....." The undead backs up, nervously, clasping his bucket.

"Oh no no no, my good man, we were simply sent here to retrieve some documents from Dr. Slant for a Mr. Harold Bismark.

"Aye, like the wise man said, we weren't sent to kill anyone. But you do need to explain to us who you are, and why you are here...in addition to anything you know about the Doc." The ranger says as he controls his breathing in an effort to avoid breathing in any deadly disease...

... "But you do need to explain to us who you are, and why you are here...in addition to anything you know about the Doc."

Deus waited to see how the undead would reply...

zombie_enemy.jpg

"Liar! You Merc's here to get me!"

outside_associates_house_battle.jpg

The Undead draws a bottle from some recess and smashes the end on the wall. He advances. A number of rats sense the danger and bolster the undead's ranks.

zombie_enemy.jpg

Drunk undead Peasant, Level 16 Undead/Humanoid

Hp: 100

Special: Help, I’m Being repressed!: The Drunk Undead Peasant grabs the hero who rolled a 6 and drags him into the front row for one turn, also dealing 25 damage

Drops: 120 gold, mead

img_6925.jpg

Plagued Rat A, Level 12 Vermin

Hp: 50

Special: Poisonous bite: The hero who rolled six becomes poisoned

Drops: Venom

img_6925.jpg

Plagued Rat B, Level 12 Vermin

img_6925.jpg

Plagued Rat C, Level 12 Vermin

The party:

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Venom, Smelling Salts, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators and winged warriors.), Mythril Shard x1, Level Up Mushroom (Raises level by 1 full level when used)

Level 9

Inventory:

Consumables:Potion x3, Remedy,,Grand Potion x2, Phoenix Essence x2, Ambrosia, Mead, Venom, Smelling Salt, Soma, Root Beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage. The Root Beer does not affect non-undead enemies), Floral Bomb (Bomb, 5 Wood Elemental damage), Smoke bomb

Roleplay: Bedroll, Utility Knife (roleplay item), Fang of Kos (roleplay item), Fang of Lolth (Roleplay item), Hint Coin (Gives the user a hint about a puzzle or tricky situation. Usable only once. Has no monetary value.), Level Up Mushroom (Raises Level by 1 full Level when consumed)

Grimwald Gjinko

Inventory:

*Mead x4, Remedy x3, Potion x2, Bone x2, Grand Potion, Bunch of Cherries (10/10 cherries that each restore 1 ether when eaten, user can choose how many are eaten at a time), Ice Bomb, Root beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against Undead enemies for 20 damage (Does not affect non-Undead enemies)), Ambrosia, Smoke Bomb, Plague Venom, Grand Tonic x2, Nostrum x3, Sushi (restores 5 HP and 5 Ether) x2, Smelling Salts x4, Mythril Shard, Phoenix Essence, Mulled Wine x2

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"Well, if this is how it has to be...

Shall we, gentlemen?"

Grimwald fires a spell from his Diamond from the back row.

Battle Order:

Grimwald

Darksten

Deus

Edited by LordoftheNoobs

"Really?" Darksten thinks to himself as he quickly loads a bolt and fires it.

"I'm in" he says to Grimwald

Darksten attacks Plagued Rat B from back

OOC: There are no differential markings for the rat, so just to clarify I want the second one down...

Edited by Comrade Commander

OOC: There are no differential markings for the rat, so just to clarify I want the second one down...

Qm note: Knew I'd forgotten something! :wall:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"Are undeads usually this distrustful?" Deus muttered to himself, having not communicated with the dead before.

Deus loads an arrow and fires at the Drunk Undead Peasant from the back row.

OOC: Do we have any good synonyms for undead beside zombie? It's starting to get a bit repetitive. :tongue:

"Are undeads usually this distrustful?" Deus muttered to himself, having not communicated with the dead before.

Deus loads an arrow and fires at the Drunk Undead Peasant from the back row.

OOC: Do we have any good synonyms for undead beside zombie? It's starting to get a bit repetitive. :tongue:

Qm note: Only spells and weapons with gems imbued (As well as potions and such) deal damage to undead. And I cannot think of any synonyms as per moment.

Qm note: Only spells and weapons with gems imbued (As well as potions and such) deal damage to undead. And I cannot think of any synonyms as per moment.

OOC: Oops, sorry about that. I'm still a Heroica RPG Noob. :blush:

Deus attacks Plagued Rat A from the back row.

Round 1 of the Psycho Zombie brawl

> Grimwald Vs Drunken undead Peasant - Damage (30-16/2=22 Health)

> Darksten vs Plague rat B - Damage (15-12/2=9 Health)

> Deus Vs Plague Rat A - Critical hit (50-(2x3+5)=39 health)

Plague Rat C - Free hit Vs Grimwald (22-12/2=16 Health)

Grimwald and Darksten both get bitten by the rats, and the drunk throws a stone at Grimwald. But Deus manages to get a shot out into a rat, Bringing it down by over a fifth of it's health.

zombie_enemy.jpg

Drunk undead Peasant,

Level 16

Type: Undead/Humanoid

Hp: 100/100

Special: Help, I’m Being repressed!: The Drunk Undead Peasant grabs the hero who rolled a 6 and drags him into the front row for one turn, also dealing 25 damage

img_6925.jpg

Plagued Rat A,

Level 12

Type: Vermin

Hp: 39/50

img_6925.jpg

Plagued Rat B,

Level 12

Hp: 50/50

img_6925.jpg

Plagued Rat C,

Level 12

Hp: 50/50

The party:

Level 9

Health: 9/15

Inventory:

Grimwald Gjinko

Health: 16/30

Inventory:

The small rat proves to fast for Darksten's bolt and it is quickly upon him. He has to shake his arm to knock the critter free and then load a new bolt to fire as the rat scampers away

Darksten repeats, (attack rat b from back)

"Ow! Why you rotten bloody thing!

Good shot there Deus, keep at it!"

"Thanks! I'll try," He called to Grimwald through the fight.

Deus repeats his shot as well.

OOC: I believe the Drunken undead Peasant should be at 88/100 health after Noob's hit. :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

Round 2 of the Psycho Zombie brawl

> Grimwald Vs Drunken undead Peasant - Shield (8+16+1+5=30 (+5x2=70) =30 damage to rats and 70 damage to The drunken undead peasent)

> Darksten vs Plague rat B - Shield (6+9=15 Damage to Rat B, Rat C, Rat A)

> Deus Vs Plague Rat B - Critical hit (5-(2x3+5)=-6)

Grimwald casts a powerful magical vortex, Healing the party to full health and damaging most enemies Darksten follows by firing a triple shot, bringing the one rat to death. Deus finishes off a rat with a powerful arrow through the head. Two enemies remain

zombie_enemy.jpg

Drunk undead Peasant,

Level 16

Type: Undead/Humanoid

Hp: 30/100

img_6925.jpg

Plagued Rat C,

Level 12

Hp: 5/50

The party:

Level 9

Inventory:

Grimwald Gjinko

Ether: 24/26

Inventory:

OOC: I believe the Drunken undead Peasant should be at 88/100 health after Noob's hit. :wink:

QM note: He didn't actually get a hit, he took Damage. :sceptic: Luckily the second round was better :classic:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

the bright light that emitted from the Sage's gem was like nothing Darksten had ever seen before. It was infinitely better than a thousand sunrises that sparkled through the leaves of his home forest. The warm rays engulfed him, soothing the sting from the bite mark on his arm. Feeling rejuvenated, Darksten unleashed a hail of bolts as the grin grew on his face.

"Amazing," He shouts to Grimwald

As the rats began to drop, Darksten switched to a new target to continue his barrage.

Darksten attacks plagued rat c from back

"Bloomin' brilliant, we're on a roll here! Heh, I can see you young'uns have done this sort of thing before!

He turns to Darksten.

"Heheh, not bad for an old man, eh? Good job with those arrows there!"

Same action, same order.

Edited by LordoftheNoobs

QM note: He didn't actually get a hit, he took Damage. :sceptic: Luckily the second round was better :classic:

OOC: See, what did I say? Heroica RPG noob. :wall:

Two crits in a row though. :classic:

Deus attacks Plagued Rat C from the back row.

Ooc: Some more lucky rolls this round, I'm starting to believe my dice are conspiring against me! :laugh:

Round 3 of the Psycho Zombie brawl

> Grimwald Vs Drunken undead Peasant - Shield (30 damage to Rat C and 70 damage to Drunken undead peasent. All enemies KO'd)

> Darksten vs Plague rat c - Critical hit

> Deus Vs Plague Rat c - Damage

Grinmwald once again casts a powerful vortex, turning the enemies to dust.

The Battle is victorious!

Deus and Darksten gain a level of experience, whereas Grimwald gains Half a level

The party:

Level: 6

Power: 9

Health: 10/10

Level 10

Power: 16

Health: 16/16

Inventory:

Grimwald Gjinko

Level: 16 1/2

Ether: 22/26

Inventory:

Loot

heroica-sixcoins.jpg

- 120 Gold

heroica-venom.jpg

- 3 Venoms

Party leader please divide up the loot

What will the party do next?

Edited by Pyrovisionary