1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello all Eurobricks members and Classic Town Lovers,

Editor's Note: To mark the celebration of Classic Town, this set which is released in 1994 and re-released as a LEGEND in 2002. Pizza to Go Review, is dedicated to Classic Town's opening cermony and members such as Hinckley, Brickster, ImperialShadows, Sinner and many others whom have contributed to the final success of Classic Town! :wub:

Thank you so much for inviting me to be part of this wonderful project, and I wish all the best to the success of Classic Town! I urge everyone of you to check out Classic Town and take alook at the cool stuff we have done! :blush:

Today, I will be doing up a review on Pizza To Go set. This outlet is one of the most favourite eatery for any LEGO citizens living in their town. When they are driving on the road, they are sure to look out "PIZZERIA" signage. They offer the best pizza in town. No one in town can resist the delicious aroma of Pizza, coming out from the red chimney. Let us find out why is this shop so popular among so many LEGO citizens and was one of the famous sets that is re-released under

the "LEGEND" theme. :blush:

Pizza To Go is my favourite set of all time. I believed there is no other pizza outlet lying around in any LEGO city apart Pizzeria. It seemed there are the sole outlet that is selling pizza for many years. This set was re-released in 2002 and it is part of the LEGEND theme. This is one of the few sets that are highly demanded to be brought back by many fans of LEGO around the world. I owned the 6350. Any members whom had owned both sets before? Is there any difference between these two? Because when I searched through Peeron, it shown 144 pieces instead of 194 pieces for the 1994 set.

Name: Pizza To Go

Theme: LEGO System / Town

Year: 1994 (Re-release: 2002)

Pieces: 194

Minifigs: 3

An image of a 6350, Pizza To Go

1.jpg

Let the delivery begins!

16.jpg

Pizza To Go is the regular pizza outlet that sells nothing but pizza. They deliever pizza to every household in town, with their trusty delivery van. Walk-in are welcomed too. There is a stand for customers to dine in their pizza quickly before making their way to their next destination. In my opnon, no town can ever survive without the Pizza Tradition! :wink:

Devoted "PIZZERIA" staff

7.jpg

Every outlet comes with 3 dedicated staff, making sure that operations will run smoothly. On the left, we will have the Pizza Boy, whom is wearing the regular blue dungarees and its white cap. I wonder who is that boy? :look:

On the middle, we will have the Pizza Girl. She looks like any typical sweet girl in town that the boys will look at. She is wearing a suntop strapless on her. She reminded me of one person though, I think her name is called Alice. Taking a careful look, I wonder if ImperialShadows is the Pizza Boy back then, without that black patch on its left eye? :laugh: On another note, this mini-figure was my favourite. Female mini-figures are very uncommon back then. I am glad I have this figure, adding to my town population.

On the right, we will have the hardworking chef, preparing the pizzas in the oven. He wears the regular white chef outfit, but he wear a grey pants instead of the usual full-white outfit in most resturants such as Breezeway Cafe (6376).

Let's take a closer look at the Pizza Boy's van!

3.jpg

This van is very very small looking and very fuel efficient. It is able to cut lanes very fast due to its small size. The pizza van is made up of 4-studs wide design. No doors by the side. However, in this vehicle, I think the doors is not a must to be included in this design. Our Pizza Boy will need to leave vehicle pretty fast, and ensuring that the pizza delivery is on time.

Common mechanism

4.jpg

This van has the regular rooftop that can be lifted up to place the Pizza Boy into the driver seat. There is a sun roof on its top, which enable him to let him have some sunlight from above!

The logo on the side of it, is actually a transparent sticker, which have the PIZZERIA itallian logo and a tasty looking pizza on both sides of its van. I like that sticker very much. Mine looks quite worn out over time. If its a printed piece, It will be a terrific bonus. Nevertheless, I can still accept the sticker. :wink:

Our pizza van can deliever up to 2 pizza at a go!

5.jpg

At every trip, 2 piping hot pizza will be stored at the back of the van. The pizza is fitted in perfectly in each compartment. Furthermore, the white window shutter, is terrific in this design. You don't see this kind of design anymore. I think, I have not seen much delivery vans on the street anymore too. :sadnew:

Base of the van

6.jpg

From the base, you can see that it is using of the regular red car base that is common in most 4-studs vehicle design. In fact, this car base served as a foundation for its vehicle design.

Back of PIZZERIA

8.jpg

Alice and the Chef will be showing you around at the back of the kitchen. There is an oven on the left, a water tap and a holder for the oar stick. Looks pretty empty right? Look below for a surprise! :classic:

My favourite feature!

9.jpg

This oven can be used to heat up 2 pizzas at a go. Now, I understand why, this set is named "Pizza To Go". I have been using their slogan unknowingly. This feature is superb nice. Now, we know that the pizza is prepared from the outlet instead of using delivery van to collect it from a factory. Alice, what are you waiting for? Help the Chef quickly! :tongue:

PIZZERIA!

14.jpg

The signage sure looks big from far and catches their attention easily too with its pleasnt looking design. As you have already noticed, this is made up of sticker. I don't mind, for this set, it contains sticker. Sometimes, I do hope they can give us spare sticker for us to change, after a long period of time. :sweet:

Distinct red chimney

13.jpg

This is the front of the oven, and that is where the smoke comes out. Using only bricks to construct this, is simply wonderful. I like the use of their white bricks to construct the wall layout, and a combination of red parts, especially on the top. I like the look of this very much. :blush:

Another picture on its side

18.jpg

Printed parts

10.jpg

In this set, you will get a total of 5 pizzas! And, I believed no other sets offer so many pizza. You can placed up to 4 pizzas in the van and oven. Alice will be carrying the last pizza around. The green and red round dish is a printed part.

Most Exclusive part in 6350/10036

21.jpg

The most unique and important printed parts that is only exclusive in this set. It's at the front of the Pizza van. It is none other, but the Pizzeria logo, standing at the front of the delivery van. :wub: (Forgotten to take a picture of this piece, took it from Peeron.) :tongue:

Different views of Pizza To Go outlet

17.jpg

19.jpg

12.jpg

Another bright sunday day in Pizza To Go!

2.jpg

Summary review

Playability: 10/10 (A lot of playing by doing up the pizza process. From preparing to delivery)

Design: 9.5/10 (Outstanding design, with great use of bricks. I like the structure of it very much)

Price: 9.5/10 (An inexpensive set based on the 1994 pricing. It comes with 3 mini-figs, shop, a van, and a exclusive printed piece)

Overall: 9.7/10 (I am not trying to be bias. In fact, this set is absoultely filled with minimum flaws. Look at my review again, if you are not satisfied with it, or tell me what you don't like!)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Easily one of the best town sets ever (and pretty expensive for its size too, is/was it that rare?).

I hope I still have all the pieces from mine, unfortunately, my stickers are in pretty bad shape (took them off because I needed the bricks, stupid stickers covering multiple parts :angry: , only downside to this set).

The design is simple, yet so detailed, and the pizza van looks great.

5/5

I do like the set, although I don't own it. I do remember lusting after it when I was a kid, though (mainly because of the female minifig and the colors). It's a bit simplistic, but comes with a few great parts.

You also did a great job on describing the set, and the pictures give the full impression of the appearance.

For the review, I just have to point out a few things, to give you constructive criticism: first of all, it's chef, not "chief" (entirely different professions), and secondly, the scale you give in the poll isn't very even. "Above average" jumps to "outstanding", which is a too big of a gap in my opinion. You should've used "Good" or "Great" in between them.

But these are only minor faults, this is a good review anyway! :thumbup:

I rate it a full 5 too.

And I wish Lego would make a set like this in 2010. A town needs pizza!

Edit: don't always trust Peeron. Sometimes they miss some pieces, and sometimes they just can't count them!

Edited by The Cobra

Thanks to all of you whom had showed great liking towards to one of my favourite childhood sets. :wub:

I hope I still have all the pieces from mine, unfortunately, my stickers are in pretty bad shape (took them off because I needed the bricks, stupid stickers covering multiple parts :angry: , only downside to this set).

Flyut, if you need decals for the stickers that are featured in this set. Hang around here until ImperialShadows drop by to give you a little surprise if he is free. :tongue:

For the review, I just have to point out a few things, to give you constructive criticism: first of all, it's chef, not "chief" (entirely different professions), and secondly, the scale you give in the poll isn't very even. "Above average" jumps to "outstanding", which is a too big of a gap in my opinion. You should've used "Good" or "Great" in between them.

But these are only minor faults, this is a good review anyway! :thumbup:

Sandy, I appericate your constructive comments in order to improve the quality of my review. I had amended the word "chief" to "chef". You might want to check it. I did not notice that I was using the wrong word. :laugh:

As for the poll definitions which have been used, for 1 to 5. We used "Poor" to represent value "1" while "Outstanding" to represent value "5". We need to use clear definitions to illustrate and demostrate non-bias towards the review for the readers to cast their vote depending on their individual liking. Therefore, we used a common word which is known as "Average". In surveys, for measuring its sample size's liking, we have to use words which is neutral such as Strongly agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly disagree. That's why, we used this rating approach to represent the terms.

I rate it a full 5 too.

And I wish Lego would make a set like this in 2010. A town needs pizza!

Edit: don't always trust Peeron. Sometimes they miss some pieces, and sometimes they just can't count them!

I am hoping to see a pizza outlet again, maybe in 2010. :blush:

Well, Peeron can sometimes be not very accurate but it can served as a very useful guide in most areas.

A very good set indeed, we have at least 3 of them, but we like them all.

A very good set indeed, we have at least 3 of them, but we like them all.

What do you mean by "we"? :wacko:

You own three sets of the orignal 1994 series or the 2002 LEGEND series?

got this one as well, not much surprises in such a small set, but the fast-food pizza idea is pretty cool.

as far as i know only the small mcdonalds promo and this set are related to food/restaurant thing (until the cafe corner that is)

But since i have a classic lego city i can't miss this set.

This set looks really cool, especially for one this inexpensive. The van is neat, and the hidden storage compartment i back is the icing on the cake. I like the back with hidden oven as well, and the rare sink piece makes it all the better. With five pizzas and three minifigs, it's and excellent set to behold. :thumbup:

Excellent review White Fang! - and a great set to commemorate the establishment of Classic Town.net.

I almost ordered this set back when it was re-released by Lego, but passed on it. I'm so mad at myself! :angry:

This has all the terrific qualities that Classic Town sets exemplify. I love the delivery truck and the pizza oven.

A great review from one of the "Master EB Reviewers" - outstanding! :thumbup:

One of my greatest lacks in my town...I can remember going to the store to buy this one, and ending up with another set (pirates) at home :p

Thank you for the review, it might put me on track in finding this set on the web and purchasing it to correct my childish change of mind, so long ago ;-)

Excellent job, and one of the best sets in history, if you ask me! 5/5 all the way. This is what we need more of. :thumbup:

Devoted "PIZZERIA" staff

7.jpg

On the left, we will have the Pizza Boy, whom is wearing the regular blue dungarees and its white cap. I wonder who is that boy? :look:

On the middle, we will have the Pizza Girl. She looks like any typical sweet girl in town that the boys will look at. She is wearing a suntop strapless on her. She reminded me of one person though, I think her name is called Alice. Taking a careful look, I wonder if ImperialShadows is the Pizza Boy back then, without that black patch on its left eye? :laugh: On another note, this mini-figure was my favourite. Female mini-figures are very uncommon back then. I am glad I have this figure, adding to my town population.

Hmmm... He does look a little familiar, and I definitely recognise the lovely Alice. :wub: Now stop staring at her. :angry::laugh:

it's chef, not "chief" (entirely different professions)

Actually, Salvatore, as I like to call the chef, was in the navy where he reached the rank of chief, a nickname he holds to this day. So both work in this case. :wink:

Flyut, if you need decals for the stickers that are featured in this set. Hang around here until ImperialShadows drop by to give you a little surprise if he is free. :tongue:

Surprise? Free? I'm not even close to free, I'm rather expensive, but I do have a surprise for everyone! I think you'll be interested in the companion article to this fine review, my first set restoration project.

Again, great job WhiteFang, excellent review, and TLG, this is a star amongst your sets. Think about that when you're designing new ones. Seriously.

Surprise? Free? I'm not even close to free, I'm rather expensive, but I do have a surprise for everyone! I think you'll be interested in the companion article to this fine review, my first set restoration project.

That's great, maybe I'll be restoring my 6350 - Pizza To Go in the near future, thanks :sweet:.

Now to figure out how I can get my printer to do what I want (sometimes that thing has a will of its own :tongue:)

Great thread about restoring Pizza To Go :thumbup:

:thumbup: nice review,3 or 4 years ago my Dad picked up two large boxes full of classic era legos (classic town,some pirate,and alittle episode 1 star wars etc)i couldn't find the building in this set but i had the little van from this set.Its very sturdy, i should know my idiot friend dropped this from my second floor window and it styed togethersure the pizzas fell out and they probably got cold :wink: thanks for the review!

Great review!

I really like this set and plan on getting it on bricklink. It would certainly add something to my collection! :wub:

I got the original version as a surprise one Christmas. My parents liked the design so much they got it for me. This is one of the best town sets. If it didn't have the delivery van it would have been on par with 6683 Hamburger Stand, a great set in its own right. The van, and they way the back holds the pizzas, is ingenious and bumps this set up to the highest levels.

This set is great and so is this review!

I really like seeing reviews of classic sets like this and hope to see more in the future.

The chef in this set is the base for my Sigfig in fact! The classic sets have a totally different feel to them than the newer sets. They look more human.

Great review!

I remember having this set when it was originally released a good few years back, but I don't think I have it anymore. :sad:

I remember I thought it was really awesome though. I thought the oven and pizza storage in the back of the car were the greatest parts, the little sink on the inside was cool too. Didn't realise they had made a Legends set out of it...

I'd love to own this set again, but MISB examples on Bricklink go for an extortionate amount of money. Ah well, se la vie...

Thanks for all of your kind words and great support for this once famous LEGEND set, which got a second chance to be re-released again for people whom had missed it before. Indeed, this is the kind of LEGO sets which is great addition for any LEGO Town or City. :wub:

Excellent review White Fang! - and a great set to commemorate the establishment of Classic Town.net.

I almost ordered this set back when it was re-released by Lego, but passed on it. I'm so mad at myself! :angry:

This has all the terrific qualities that Classic Town sets exemplify. I love the delivery truck and the pizza oven.

A great review from one of the "Master EB Reviewers" - outstanding! :thumbup:

Hope you managed to find a good deal in the Internet. That last comment of yours certainly makes my day bright. :blush: Thanks Brickster. You are one of them as well. :wink:

One of my greatest lacks in my town...I can remember going to the store to buy this one, and ending up with another set (pirates) at home :p

Thank you for the review, it might put me on track in finding this set on the web and purchasing it to correct my childish change of mind, so long ago ;-)

What Pirate set did you actually buy instead of the Pizza to Go? Hope you are able to find a good buy on the Internet. :sweet:

Geez, you twisted my words "free" :hmpf:

Indeed, you are "dear". Lastly, thanks for that lovely surprise. I really enjoyed viewing that sweet decals of yours. Looks tasty too. :grin:

Again, great job WhiteFang, excellent review, and TLG, this is a star amongst your sets. Think about that when you're designing new ones. Seriously.

Actually, this is one of my surviving stars among my sets. :sadnew:

Well, I will need to find better sets for the new ones. :tongue:

I got the original version as a surprise one Christmas. My parents liked the design so much they got it for me. This is one of the best town sets. If it didn't have the delivery van it would have been on par with 6683 Hamburger Stand, a great set in its own right. The van, and they way the back holds the pizzas, is ingenious and bumps this set up to the highest levels.

I agreed with you. In fact, recently there was a hot topic created by K.D on what is your favourite takeaway. Look at here for more discussions and views.

I used to want this set so badly and I almost got it when it was rereleased. I still wonder why I didn't because with a building, van, 5 pizzas, and a then very rare female fig. this set would have been perfect for someone with a smaller collection like I had then. What surprised me the most is how well this set still holds up to others today. Off to bricklink!

Definitely one of my favorite sets from my childhood; I still remember my sister getting it for me for my birthday and me building it that same day. Too bad I had it displayed all these years on my windowsill so the pizza delivery van and pizzeria have become yellowed. :cry_sad:

Thanks for the nice review of this great set, WhiteFang!

I always want to grab one, but the price to buy it now is too forbidding... :sadnew:

I also always think the girl minifig is supposed to be a customer... LEGO is really up to everyone's own imagination... :tongue:

Edited by Alywin

It's defintely nice to see this past Classic Town review re-surface again. :sweet: I

I used to want this set so badly and I almost got it when it was rereleased. I still wonder why I didn't because with a building, van, 5 pizzas, and a then very rare female fig. this set would have been perfect for someone with a smaller collection like I had then. What surprised me the most is how well this set still holds up to others today. Off to bricklink!

I agreed that this set is perfect for someone with a small collection. In fact, I feel that this set is one of the "must have" set that can allow you build your pizza franchise in your town. :tongue:

Definitely one of my favorite sets from my childhood; I still remember my sister getting it for me for my birthday and me building it that same day. Too bad I had it displayed all these years on my windowsill so the pizza delivery van and pizzeria have become yellowed. :cry_sad:

Is it possible to restore it by getting those bricks or parts again? Yellowed bricks is really very saddening. It reminds me of my Breezeway Cafe. Those were the days where we are too young to know how to take good care of our toys.

I also always think the girl minifig is supposed to be a customer... LEGO is really up to everyone's own imagination... :tongue:

You are right! The girl could have been a customer. I thought of her as a staff. Misrepresentation could be so easy, but then again, the box nevr stated its role too. :laugh:

Nice review. :classic:

I have this set, and I like it alot. :cry_happy: Its a master peice!