Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

MOC: The Black Rider

I built this Lord of the Rings MOC last week and brought it to an event with Swebrick, the Swedish LUG, this weekend. First I had planned to do a build with all of the fellowship, but I didn't come up with anything good at the moment so I settled for this idea. I think it is a really iconic scene for the first movie.

8136166338_9616608ba8_z.jpg

8136137301_c13176506b_z.jpg

8136135669_e6a058735c_z.jpg

Sorry for the non-clean background. The trees got a bit demolished in the transport home and I'm not sure if I'm going to rebuild them so I took the photos from the event.

Hope you like it! :classic:

Completely worthy of John Howe! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The iconic scene in the movie was 100% inspired by his picture. (He was heavily involved with Peter Jackson, as you may know)

TheBlackRider.jpg

Edited by SheepEater

I really like this MOC, especially the trees and how you captured the layout pretty much perfectly. My only criticism would be the dark green 1x2 plates you have scattered throughout. They don't look so much like patches of grass/moss as just randomly placed Lego bricks. Maybe if you placed a few more in each area, and had some different color green or something it would blend better? Or maybe if you did the ground green with some brown spots instead (inverse the two colors)? As is right now they just seem to stick out a lot.

Looks excellent and the scene can be recognized straight away. :wink: The gigantic tree and all the little plants here and there look great.

It's fantastic. The scene is well known and instantly recognizable. You made some reall nice trees, and really caught the spirit. Well done!

Such an iconic scene, really well done :thumbup:

Love the terrain and the tress :wub:

Nice that you included the spider btw :tongue:

I love this scene, and Your moc really represents it well. Nice job!

Great MOC! Merry seems very happy to say he might die.

Lol! You got Frodo so scared with his eyes are going white, Sam and Pippin both terrified and screaming.. and Merry sitting there with a little smrik on his face. Classic (I realize you did this because his face doesn't have a really scared look)! Also, I noticed the minifigures look a little different and then I noticed it's because they have normal legs on them and appear taller, even sitting down! Of course you had to do this since the short hobbit legs don't bend :tongue:

Great to see this gnice build again Etzel. Had the opportunity to see it live at a Swebrick event this weekend and I love the coluorscheme. The trees and the path also feels just right to me.

Wow nice MOC! It looks like it is right out of the film! I really love the landscaping and especially your trees! Sorry to hear they had a rough time traveling!

I really like this MOC, especially the trees and how you captured the layout pretty much perfectly. My only criticism would be the dark green 1x2 plates you have scattered throughout. They don't look so much like patches of grass/moss as just randomly placed Lego bricks. Maybe if you placed a few more in each area, and had some different color green or something it would blend better? Or maybe if you did the ground green with some brown spots instead (inverse the two colors)? As is right now they just seem to stick out a lot.

I saw the dark green 1x2 plates as fallen leaves from the tree..........Could be wrong though.