Hello everyone !!

This is my new Moc, a Custom 4x4 Pick-up, it isn't inspired by any real model, although it reminds me of some, but I don't know which one!

I started some time ago to build a 4x4 where I used 2 RC Motors. To obtain good performance, I built it as a rc car ..... a chassis with a removable light silhouette that was mounted above it. It worked well, but I had some problems of interference in the system rc, and I was not able to make a good video without seeing an idiot running behind it at one meter away.

So, waiting to buy two Lipo batteries, I decided to convert it to PF system (XL motors) and add some detail, since the first version was very simple to save some weight.

So this is the result:

It 'a 4x4 RC custom Pick up with three differentials and full independent suspensions.

It has openable gull-wing doors via manual controls in the trunk, that's openable too, even the bonnet is openable with slowed opening.

Under the bonnet, there is a fake working V8 engine with compressor on the top, some minor engine compartment details, like the battery or the radiator cap, and the complete exhaust lines. Even the interiors have a dashboard, pedals, gearbox command....

It uses a servo motor for steering and 2XL motors for drive.

Lenght : 56 studs (44.8 cm)

Width: 27 studs (21.6 cm)

Height: 25 studs (20 cm)

Weight: 2,1 kg

I will add a video, hopefully during the Christmas holidays.

I hope you enjoy!

15427782984_9ccc0cf581_c.jpgIMG_9672 by Lucio Switch, on Flickr

15427780554_0ec4299bd6_c.jpgIMG_9687 by Lucio Switch, on Flickr

15427778144_56f222fabb_c.jpgIMG_9695 by Lucio Switch, on Flickr

For more and hi-quality pics take a look here:

https://www.flickr.c...57649756711806/

or, for more info visit Mocpages:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/402617

Edited by Lucio Switch

Looks sweet, the yellow wheels go well with the rest of the body!

Looking forward to the video!

I never thought that a yellow/white colour scheme could look so good! But it's executed very well and consequently (wheels matching with interior), so I really like it.

The shapes are great too. Some old-school '70s/'80s wedge design.

WOW this is really awesome, I'm loving those wheels too.

I'm really liking the black background in your pics too. :thumbup:

This is so nice , looks fantastic in while , I normally hate white . Those doors are really cool , look so good !!! Can't wait for the video :)

Looks sweet, the yellow wheels go well with the rest of the body!

Looking forward to the video!

I agree, white/yellow/black seems a really good mix. I really like that you put so much details in to it, I find such models much more appealing, than just a chassis with four beams on top that are supposed to look like the body...good work!

Yummy, looks very good - like the form and proportions.

How does it crawl?

O do enjoy it. A lot :sweet: Very rare color combiantion white and yellow and you made it look great. How is the steering angle?

Best looking technic truck I've seen. Maybe it's the colour combination that works for me. Great job!

Really great MOC! :thumbup:

Surprisingly successful color combination - it really looks great, btw, very nice photos. :thumbup:

Can't wait for the video... :sweet:

First of all, thanks to everybody for the nice comments!

I'm a bit surprised, and obviously glad, by the fact that the most of you like the color scheme!

It's funny why I choose the white only for the availability of curved panels in my spare parts, even if I had to manage the scarce amount of white beams. And for give a touch of "custom" look, I tried to integrate the new yellow rims....well, it seems to work! :classic:

It use CV joints on all the wheels (the rear axle is based on the 42029) no lockable differentials and it's not really a feather, so no crawling attitude. :classic:

That's why I focused more on speed than on torque. Now the gear ratio is 1:1,4, is possible to build with 1:4,2, but I think that the CV joints will slip, but I think that I will try.

For the same reason (CV joints) the steering angle is not wonderful, but not so bad, the only thing is that, when the steering is completely turned, the frictions increase quite a bit.

I'm planning to do instructions, I'm new in this argument, so I'm bit slow (my first, the Tractor Truck instruction, are not yet released :blush: ), but this Moc is smaller and more simple, just only why I haven't pneumatic tubes to draw.

Edited by Lucio Switch

WOW this is really awesome, I'm loving those wheels too.

I'm really liking the black background in your pics too. :thumbup:

Agreed!

Very cool looking model. Nice colours. I like the details on the engine and the exhausts and how you hide alot of stuff behind the body work (like those 2 XL motors).