Oky

Duplo Disney 2013 (Planes, Princesses, and Jake)

Here are the HR Images for the new Duplo Disney Plane sets

all pics link to HR images +2000.pxl

10509 Dusty and Chug

a_10509_box_front_1000.jpg

b_10509_box_side_200.jpg c_10509_detail_1_200.jpg d_10509_detail_2_200.jpg

10510 Ripslinger's Air Race

a_10510_box_front_1000.jpg

b_10510_box_side_200.jpg c_10510_detail_1_200.jpg

10511 Skipper's Flight School

a_10511_box_front_1000.jpg

b_10511_box_side_200.jpg c_10511_detail_1_200.jpg d_10511_detail_2_200.jpg

Enjoy! :wink: :classic: :classic:

Item #10509 (Planes)

$14.99 USD / $14.99 CAD

16 pieces

Available August

Item #10510 (Planes)

$24.99 USD / $24.99 CAD

40 pieces

Available August

10511 Skipper’s Flight School

$39.99 USD / $39.99 CAD

53 pieces

Available August

500x375x10511-Skippers-Flight-School-500x375.png.pagespeed.ic.28nAxrgKPu.png

10512 Jake's Treasure Hunt

10512-1.jpg

10513 Never Land Hideout

10513-1.jpg

10514 Jake's Pirate Ship Bucky

10514-1.jpg

10515 Aerial's Undersea Castle

10515-1.jpg

10516 Aerial's Magical Boat Ride

10516-1.jpg

10531 Mickey & Friends

480px-10531.jpg

10531-2.jpg

I don't have any other news to share at the moment or anything to add except for my continued disappointment at the lack of System Disney sets. Oh well, there's always the next wave...

Dscuss! :classic:

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

I'm curious to see the outcome, but darn, I really want some System Little Mermaid sets.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it would be hard to do. One could easily make an Ariel by putting Poison Ivy's hair on one of the POTC mermaids and Eric by putting the new Robin hair on Han Solo from Jabba's Palace, and we already got a yellow king Triton, so they simply would have to make him fleshy. The only new molds they'd have to do are Sebastian, Flounder, and Scuttle.

However, one has to consider that if there was a System Disney princesses line, it could very well have the Friends-style minidolls considering how well Friends is doing and that this line would be aimed primarily at girls. :sceptic:

I'm still holding out hope for Monsters Inc/University sets, but I guess with all the sets coming out in the summer already, including the Lone Ranger sets, the chances are slim, and my wallet will be thankful if there wont be any. :tongue:

By the way, does anyone else find it strange that the Undersea Castle has a lower set number than the Boat Ride? I'm guessing the Boat Ride is based on the "Kiss the Girl" scene, which would be a fairly small set, so I can't imagine the castle to be an even smaller set unless it's really just Ariel's room like the Sleeping Beauty set, but then why would they call it a castle? :wacko:

By the way, does anyone else find it strange that the Undersea Castle has a lower set number than the Boat Ride? I'm guessing the Boat Ride is based on the "Kiss the Girl" scene, which would be a fairly small set, so I can't imagine the castle to be an even smaller set unless it's really just Ariel's room like the Sleeping Beauty set, but then why would they call it a castle? :wacko:

I imagine it's like the current Cinderell'as Carriage and Snow White's Cottage sets. You would think a whole cottage set would be larger than a carriage set, yet Cinderella's is 10 bucks more.

I imagine it's like the current Cinderell'as Carriage and Snow White's Cottage sets. You would think a whole cottage set would be larger than a carriage set, yet Cinderella's is 10 bucks more.

Yeah, I guess if there's anything that has worse proportions than System, it's Duplo. :laugh:

Yeah, I guess if there's anything that has worse proportions than System, it's Duplo. :laugh:

Yea. Those giant mutant rabbits and tiny malnourished horses really creep me out...

I wonder why TLC doesn't make a Cinderella castle in system or friends format. It should sell like hotcakes.

I wonder why TLC doesn't make a Cinderella castle in system or friends format. It should sell like hotcakes.

Anything Disney would/has already (cars)

I really can't believe it still hasn't happened - even if it was in the friends style!

Edited by Santaduckz

*SNIP*

-Sci

Looks great! Anything on the Mickey and Friends set?

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted pic

Thanks for the image. Let's hope the other one will surface soon too. The set looks pretty good, but the figures are pretty bad as usual. Ariel looks horribly deformed, Flounder is huge, and Sebastian is not even a fig. He looks like he's frozen in an ice cube.

Looks great! Anything on the Mickey and Friends set?

Oh, I completely forgot about that set. Here are the images we have so far. If a mod is reading this, please remove the word "princess" from the topic title so that we can make this a general Duplo Disney thread.

480px-10531.jpg

10531-2.jpg

Thanks for the image. Let's hope the others surface soon too. The set looks pretty good, but the figures are pretty bad as usual. Ariel looks horribly deformed, Flounder is huge, and Sebastian is not even a fig. He looks like he's frozen in an ice cube.

Oh, I completely forgot about that set. Here are the images we have so far:

*SNIP*

If a mod is reading this, please remove the word "princess" from the topic title so that we can make this a general Duplo Disney thread. :classic:

Thanks Oky! My two boys (ages 2 1/2 and 1) will absolutely love the Mickey set! Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Stop quoting pics please.

Thanks again, CM4S. That's strange; this set is indeed slightly smaller than the castle as I predicted, so why does it have a higher set number? :wacko:

Thanks again, CM4S. That's strange; this set is indeed slightly smaller than the castle as I predicted, so why does it have a higher set number? :wacko:

We're not in the 80's Oky! :wink: Set numbers no longer systematically relate to the size of sets.

My local Legoshop let me look in the new catalogue

Moderators: Feel free to change this post: :wink:

Planes (it looks just like cars), August

10509 Dusty and Chug

10510 Ripslingers Aerial race

10511 Skipper Flying school

Jake the pirate (Disney Peter Pan?) June

10512 Jake's treasure hunt

10513 Neverland hiding place

10514 Jake's pirateship Bucky

Topic merged. I'll think about pinning this topic. You can't blame Wout for not knowing the thread existed when the last post was from October. On the flip side, though, there wasn't enough interest in the topic to keep it even on the first page of the forum. The problem with Duplo on an AFOL site, I guess.

True. Perhaps we should have a 2013 news topic index instead of pinning all the individual topics like we had last year.

True. Perhaps we should have a 2013 news topic index instead of pinning all the individual topics like we had last year.

I've been planning on doing a new news index but with the holidays, I've just been busy. I'll get to it soon.