Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel's Collectible Series

Rogue Angel's Collectible Series

cmf_main_lr.jpg

Avalonia

cmf_-_avalonia_-_druid.jpg

Druid

The Druidic Order still exists in Avalonia, and it's members say they descend from the Great Druids of old. They are still reclusive, and rarely reveal themselves to outsiders. Some say they still wield mystical powers of great strength.

cmf_-_avalonia_-_albion_cutpurse.jpg

Albion Cutpurse

All large cities have their shady side, and Albion is no different. The City is awash in thieves, charlatans and footpads, and this cutpurse looks to be on his way to fence some ill-gotten gains.

cmf_-_avalonia_-_elven_sentinel.jpg

Elven Sentinel

Most every Elven Clan has a wilderness they permanently inhabit. They serve as caretakers of these wilds and as part of this, they typically pose sentinels to watch for any intruders or encroachers.

Albion Pastry Chef

cmf_-_avalonia_-_pastry_chef.jpg

The wealthier citizens of Albion have a more refined palate, and are willing to pay for finer fare. The Pastry chef caters to a very exclusive clientele, who prefer the most exquisite of bakery.

Mitgardia

cmf_-_mitgardia_-_elven_ranger.jpg

Elven Ranger

The Elves of Mitgardia are more sparsely populated than in the southern realms, and Elven Rangers are seasoned warriors who can fend for themselves, and live off the land for months at a time.

cmf_-_mitgardia_-_dwarven_axeman.jpg

Dwarven Axeman

The Axeman are the backbone of most Dwarven forces, the axe being one of the most heavily favored Dwarven arms. As with the Rangers, the hearty axemen are more than capable of weathering the harsh Mitgardian winters.

cmf_-_mitgardia_-_northman.jpg

Mountain Man

The far northern reaches of Mitgardia are desolate and uninviting. It takes a certain type of man to call these lands home, but there are trappers, miners and hunters who enjoy living far from civilization. Or far from the law.

cmf_-_mitgardia_-_gnome_artificer.jpg

Gnomish Artificer

The Gnome are obsessed with mechanics, alchemy and technology, and the Artificer excels at creating mechanical tools and constructs.

"For gnomes, technology is the heart of simplicity, for through technology the burden of simple tasks may be relieved, so that every gnome has more time to focus on developing more technology to relieve more simple tasks, - Gnomish adage

Kaliphlin

cmf_-_kaliphlin_-_spearman.jpg

Spearman

The Kaliphlin guardsman patrol across the Guild, and the spear is often their weapon of choice. These guardsman can endure the searing heats and barren expanses of the Kaliphlin wastes in their efforts to protect merchants and travelers.

cmf_-_kaliphlin_-_gorilla_mariner.jpg

Gorilla Mariner

The Gorilla Tribes have little interaction with the neighboring villages of their homeland, but they are much more prolific on the seas of Historica, and Gorilla Mariners can usually be found in most every major port from Nocturnus to Mitgardia.

cmf_-_kaliphlin_-_scribe.jpg

Scribe

Kaliphlinites seems to think that their every whim should be recorded for posterity, and have even established a University to house their whims. With such an effort being spent on writing these whims down, the scribe is one of the most professions in Kaliphlin.

cmf_-_kaliphlin_-_seraphim_lance.jpg

Seraphim Lance

The Seraphim inhabit the skies of Kaliphlin, but few know of their existence. They have long battled the Ravens flocks of Nocturnus, but this is a saga that plays out unbeknownst to the Kaliphlinites below.

Nocturnus

cmf_-_nocturnus_-_drow_taskmaster.jpg

Drow Taskmaster

The Drow are an evil race that inhabit the subterranean reaches that extend across Historica, but are often seen in most Nocturnus Cities, and occasionaly Kaliphlin ports looking to purchase slaves or more exotic wares.

cmf_-_nocturnus_-_lycanthropist.jpg

Lycanthropist

A number of the Werwolf tribes of Nocturnus have accumulated vast sums of wealth over the years, and the Lycnathropists travel across Nocturnus, seeking to provide assistance to those in need. Their are tales that some werewolves tell their young, of werewolves that turn into humans, and steal and swindle others out of their money instead, but these are just meant to scare them.

cmf_-_nocturnus_-_fang_of_the_dragon.jpg

Fang of the Dragon

The Dragon Clan of Nocturnus is said to be one of the strongest factions in Nocturnus, and the Fang of the Dragon is the order of Samurai that give alleigance to the Dragon Clan. They are formidable opponents, and often form the main line of attack in Clan wars.

cmf_-_nocturnus_-_orc_farmer.jpg

Orc Farmer

The orcs are seen as a nuisance or threat in most of the guilds, but in Nocturnus, there is a large number of Orc Farmers, that want nothing more than to live in the comfort of their own hovel with their swine by their side, and live out their days in tranquility.

Thanks for checking this out! This will not be a contest entry, but I thought it was a fantastic idea by Ecc, so I posted my own series.

The pastry chef and the orc farmer are my favorites. I also love the lantern from the gorilla mariner. Great series! :classic:

Nice series, Rogue Angel!

I particularly like the elven ranger, mountain man, Kaliphlin spearman, and the gorilla mariner's lantern!

Some great figs here! My favorite is the mountain man. That cake is perfect, and I am definitely borrowing that lantern design.

Edited by MiloNelsiano

So I have had these figs assembled since Mid-December, and have just been waiting on time to photograph and prepare the pictures/post. I had been initially viewing the other series, and then decided to hold off so that I wouldn't subconcsiously copy someone else. I just checked out Captain Braunsfeld's figs and saw that he has a pastry cook! What are the chances? I promise though that I did not copy his idea.

You know the saying, "Great minds think alike" so do ours!

So I have had these figs assembled since Mid-December, and have just been waiting on time to photograph and prepare the pictures/post. I had been initially viewing the other series, and then decided to hold off so that I wouldn't subconcsiously copy someone else. I just checked out Captain Braunsfeld's figs and saw that he has a pastry cook! What are the chances? I promise though that I did not copy his idea.

I have the same issue - have my figs ready, just haven't gotten around to posting them yet. And so many of my ideas seems to be taken by others already - and what do you know - even TLG announced their series and have stolen one of my ideas! :angry:

My two favorites in there are:

Albion Pastry Chef - The cake is much better than my version (sigh) - what brick is that yellow coating?

Gnomish Artificer (makes me think of the gnome in Baldur's Gate, what was his name again? (Jan Jansen in the German version))

Pastry and the Seraph are mya favorites, but overall I find this a very `playable` series, great work

The Pastry Chief's cake and the Gorilla Mariner's lantern are both excellent! :thumbup:

Wow! I like so many! Favs are the pastry chef, mountain man, gnomish artificer, and the orc farmer! I love your use of the Witch King's crown and I have to ask, where is the Spearman's torso from?

Really dig that lantern design, and there are many other cool ideas here. Favorites, though, are the pastry chef and lycanthropist (one of the funniest ideas in the whole challenge).

All around great series! The gnome might be my favorite... but like I said on flickr that lantern is genius!

Great figs and descriptions, the Mitgards in particular stand out here.

I've been worrying about the same thing myself, and it gets harder and harder the longer I wait. There is so much, eh, "inspiration" already out there that when I finally get around to doing my series, it'll probably look like a copy of everyone's.

All of these are great figs that fit well in GoH :thumbup: The Pastry chef (great cake!) and Mitgardian ranger (the double cape design is sweet) are my two favorites :classic:

Thanks for all the comments! The lantern design is up for grabs. When I saw it on the LotR figure initially, I knew I'd be able to do something with it, and I'm happy with the result. The torso for the Kaliphlin Spearman is from the Prince of Persia fort. I did an initial series with more soldiers, and I realized I was using other people's designs that I had used when I created my forces back in 2013 (Derfel's Avalonian with the Viking shield, Masa's Kalihplin guards, etc.) so I retooled and went with a more civilian series. My first round did not have the Footpad, the Pastry Chef, the Gorilla Mariner or the Seraphim.

Also, I was a little too happy with my Lycanthropist.

Very nice collection of figs RA. The combination of parts is really nice but the best are all those nice little gimmicks you put into the figures' hands. And the cake has got to be the greatest of those!