Dragonator

Bricklink Trusted Sellers list

This thread is intended to be a nomination for Bricklink stores you've had a good experience with. Please check the list first before nominating a store and please don't bad a store you had a bad experience with. This thread is solely based on recommended stores. Thank you. :-) -Hinckley

The List

If a change needs to be made in this list, post in this thread or PM Hinckley

*y* = BrickMiner's excellence rating

Australia

maxspace

Technic Wreckers

Canada

Spots Brick

Denmark

Stonies Bricks

France

1001Bricks (always gives coupon after a completed transaction)

Germany

A-Z International

Figurenhai

MAGICKBRICKS (rare parts fast shipping)

Old Lego Parts and Sets

Netherlands

Greenman’s ABS

LEGOSHOP Holland

Spain

Electric Bricks

UK

A Brick Shiphouse

A Minifig is for Life (also a Brickarms distributor)

A Slim Chance (excellent selection of rare pieces, cheap international shipping)

*y* Adams Family (excellent used pieces)

*y* Anything-lego (excellent used peices)

*y* BricksNBitz (excellent used pieces)

Simply Bricks

*y* Witch Bit (excellent used pieces)

US

4 Fun Bricks and More (pays attention to details)

A Few Brick Short

Abrew’s e-Lego (excellent prices, good customer service)

ABP Always Best Parts

*y* Amazing Bricks (useful free stuff with order)

Basement of Bricks 8-| store currently suspended

Birx’s Brix

Brick Baron’s Lego FSH

*y* Brick Artist Depot (excellent used pieces, and free stuff)

*y* Brick-A-Thon (gave coupon)

*y* Brick Dispatcher (good used pieces)

BrickExchange

BrickScope

BricksLand.com FREE S&H

Central Florida Bricks

Cheapskate's

Cincinnati Bricks, LLC

Gary Istok Historic Lego

Hockey Bricks

*y* Hooked on Bricks 8-| currently suspended...

HouseofLogos

JEMCollectibles (sets excellent)

Joes Brick Depot

Land of Bricks

Lego Patty (good used pieces)

Little Plastic Bricks

*y* Missing Brick, Free S&H* (always gives coupon after a completed transaction, free shipping)

New/Used Not Abused

nologolego

Partworx

Pooh’s Corner (good customer service)

Precious Princess Palace (would be excellent/best if had better communication, great stock-fast shipping)

Shop & Save

Simple LEGO Shop SETS (excellent set descriptions)

Sk8ers Bricks (good customer service)

*y* Texas Brickhouse (good customer service)

The Elements of Surprise

*y* The Lego Heap (good customer service)

Thorz Legoz (Great customer service)

*y* Time For A Change (good customer service)

Troy’s Surplus

Vis Vires Toys (this store is currently not open, and hasn't been since april... it must reopen !!!)

Zymurgy Lego

Edit by Hinckley: Below is the original post that started this list. Sorry Dragonator-I thought moving your post down would avoid confusion for future browsers of this topic. Thanks for the great idea!! *sweet*

Original post: This is something I have been thinking on for some time, if there is already a thread for this then please close this one and tell me where the other one is... X-D

Anyway, what I want to know is what you all think of Bricklink. Here are the main things I am interested to know:

1. What stores do you buy at and for what reasons?

2. What do you think of pricing, shipping costs etc.

and anything else you may wish to share. I am mainly interested in this because I have never used Bricklink before and would like to start getting more bricks etc, and the more information there is out their the better!

Thanks everyone! *sweet*

Updated 2007/12/03

I believe there was a thread similar to this, but I'm not sure if it started out with that topic. I think we got off topic on trusted stores. Does anyone remember where that is? I think it's a great idea, but belongs in the buy, sell, trade forum. I'll search for the other thread and see if we should merge them.

Great topic though, Dragonator! I'll add my most trusted sellers in a bit... *sweet*

Here's the thread I was referring to...

It's not a duplicate so I don't think they should be merged...

we have the straight shooters list too hinkley. Its almost the same thing but the straight shooters list is for members of EB or am i mistaken?

Anyway good topic. Sometimes I'll complete a huge order but won't actually place it for fear that the seller will send me a load of disocoloured crap. This could be very useful. I would like to say toy brickbrigade isnt as great as it may seem. They sent me some chewed pieces and many discoloureds. I wouldn't say they suck, but they're more impersonal and careless than some other stores.

we have the straight shooters list too hinkley. Its almost the same thing but the straight shooters list is for members of EB or am i mistaken?

Well, you're right john clese. But the straightshooters list is for members who trade or sell outside of Bricklink-by e-mail or pm, so I'm not sure what that has to do with a trusted Bricklink sellers list, but thanks for bringing it up anyway...

i will start the list, as i have shopped with most major BL stores...

EXCELLENT / THE BEST EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD:

Anything lego (excellent used peices)

Adams Family (excellent used pieces)

Amazing Bricks (useful free stuff with order)

Brick Artist Depot (excellent used pieces, and free stuff)

Brick-A-Thon (gave coupon)

Brick Dispatcher (good used pieces)

BricksNBits (excellent used pieces)

Hooked on Bricks

Missing Brick (always gives coupon after a completed transaction, free shipping)

Texas Brickhouse (good customer service)

The Lego Heap (good customer service)

Time For A Change (good customer service)

Witch Bit (excellent used pieces)

VERY GOOD / EXCEPTIONAL:

1001Bricks (always gives coupon after a completed transaction)

Abrew

Wow! That covers most of the ones I like too.

The only one missing for me is Precious Princess Palace-I always check there first when I need something. They keep a great stock and ship pretty quickly.

i will start the list, as i have shopped with most major BL stores...

Thanks! *wub* That will save me a lot of stress next time I order! *sweet* If it is OK with dragonator perhaps we should add that giant list to his first post, or he can do it himself if he wants, or we can do nothing if people prefer, or I could just get back in my box... 8-|

Wow! That covers most of the ones I like too.

The only one missing for me is Precious Princess Palace-I always check there first when I need something. They keep a great stock and ship pretty quickly.

For them I've noticed extremely fast shipping, but the whole 6 month thing for feedback kind of annoys me...

only one missing for me is Precious Princess Palace-I always check there first when I need something.
you know, i've never shopped with them... but i knew they would be the first ones mentioned that wasn't on my list :-D i actually asked them a question one time, before i made a purchase... they never got back with me, so i found my parts somewhere else that responded very quickly.

now, that doesn't mean they don't provide excellent service once the order is placed... im sure they were just busy at the time of my question - no big deal. im sure i will go to them soon enough.

- BrickMiner

you know, i've never shopped with them... but i knew they would be the first ones mentioned that wasn't on my list :-D i actually asked them a question one time, before i made a purchase... they never got back with me, so i found my parts somewhere else that responded very quickly.

now, that doesn't mean they don't provide excellent service once the order is placed... im sure they were just busy at the time of my question - no big deal. im sure i will go to them soon enough.

- BrickMiner

It is true that if you want a chat or quick feedback, you shouldn't attempt to work with these guys. But, if you leave a note in your paypal transaction, they will respond to that...

It is true that if you want a chat or quick feedback, you shouldn't attempt to work with these guys. But, if you leave a note in your paypal transaction, they will respond to that...

Yes, don't bother asking for a shipping quote even if you are talking about a $1,000 sale. They get enough sales where they don't have to bother with replying.

On a positive note, for all you Aussies out there I have to recommend Brett from maxspace

I think you can get to his shop via www.maxspace.com.au

Although he's having a very well earned week off at the moment. He's very easy to work with, will look for things not listed in his shop and always delivers top quality, well packaged products.

Thanks Brick Miner for such a great list, this will be a real help to anyone looking to buy off Bricklink.

Thanks! *wub* That will save me a lot of stress next time I order! *sweet* If it is OK with dragonator perhaps we should add that giant list to his first post, or he can do it himself if he wants, or we can do nothing if people prefer, or I could just get back in my box... 8-|

I don't mind if you want this in the first post, I can put it in if you people think it would be a good idea. :-) ?

If anyone else has had some good (or bad) experiences with Bricklink shops, then please post here, we would all like to here of your thoughts! (or at least I do... 8-| :-D )

Sure. I think this is a great idea. I'll keep an eye on the list and update it as people post their experiences. I'll stick to BrickMiner's format...

Recommended Bricklink Shopping on! *sweet*

That's a pretty good list and covers a lot of the major ones. I'll add a few as I browse my feedback here...

Zymurgy Lego - Some of the most creative parts descriptions on the site, everything is mint, and she likes to use way too many tiny ziplocks, which means I'm in love *wub*

Hockey Bricks - I can't remember why, but I've dealt with him 2 or 3 times. An uneventful order is a good order.

Gary Istok Historic LEGO - Author and seller of an excellent CD guide to early LEGO. A valuable resource when you're trying to figure out just what that part is, or where it came from. Or when. You get the idea.

Land of Bricks - Not the worlds fastest shipper, but if you want a promo brick, this is the place to go. His other parts are in excellent condition as well, so putting an order together is easy.

Cheapskate's - Fast, friendly, everything the way it should be, and when I ordered, he lived up to his name, everything was nicely under average price.

A Few Brick Short - Had what I wanted. Sent it quickly. Threw in some extras. All around win.

I'll probably add more later, but these stand out so far, and weren't already covered.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with 'The NERDS Shop', and if so, if you thought they were any good. X-D Thanks

That's a pretty good list and covers a lot of the major ones. I'll add a few as I browse my feedback here...

Zymurgy Lego - Some of the most creative parts descriptions on the site, everything is mint, and she likes to use way too many tiny ziplocks, which means I'm in love *wub*

Hockey Bricks - I can't remember why, but I've dealt with him 2 or 3 times. An uneventful order is a good order.

Gary Istok Historic LEGO - Author and seller of an excellent CD guide to early LEGO. A valuable resource when you're trying to figure out just what that part is, or where it came from. Or when. You get the idea.

Land of Bricks - Not the worlds fastest shipper, but if you want a promo brick, this is the place to go. His other parts are in excellent condition as well, so putting an order together is easy.

Cheapskate's - Fast, friendly, everything the way it should be, and when I ordered, he lived up to his name, everything was nicely under average price.

A Few Brick Short - Had what I wanted. Sent it quickly. Threw in some extras. All around win.

I'll probably add more later, but these stand out so far, and weren't already covered.

So do they fall under the excellent category or the very good category... ?

On a positive note, for all you Aussies out there I have to recommend Brett from maxspace

I had a good experience with Brett too. *sweet* Thanks everyone for posting here.

So do they fall under the excellent category or the very good category... ?

Zymurgy and A Few Brick Short were excellent, the rest were definitely very good. I'd deal with any of them again without hesitation.

I have only baught the once of bricklink but I am planning to again with a shop called "a slim chance"

I would definetly recommend this shop to English buyers because hes quick, the bricks are cheap and they come very nicely packed!

No doubt I will be looking back at this forum for more info! ;-)

Edited by casewindu

I have only baught the once of bricklink but I am planning to again with a shop called "a slim chance"

I would definetly recommend this shop to English buyers because hes quick, the bricks are cheap and they come very nicely packed!

Ugh, that's a good point. I should arrange these by country too...

BrickMiner, as I edit the first post, I'm leaving a category for not known. Could you take a look at that and provide a link to the store you were talking about? Thanks! *wub*

i bought several things from Slim and i'd have to say he is exceptional. I usually get my parts within three days after payement (me living in Belgium) , that is pretty fast considering other shop experiences . *sweet* I'd recommend him, really.

i think this is a great topic, thought of doing something like this in the past as well, but always backed down, because it's very tricky. i mean, it's not our intention to use EB as an advertising source, right? so how do we prevent people from using EB like this in this topic by posting, for instance, with an alias, advertising for his/her own shop on BL?

I also think you need to add extra info. Where's the shop located? In Europe, US,...? That's a big thing for me, considering import taxes, ... How fast are they really? if i order now, when will i have the parts, if i pay the same day as i have the invoice? For me, THAT's important, not the notion 'they are fast'.

I'd like to hear what jp thinks of the topic though. It's not spinning out of control, and that's great, but I do think we should get his ok for it, since he is ultimately responsable for the site. and maybe we should then pin it, if that's not the case just yet.

Thanks for the feedback, sne. :-) Yes, I think this is a good idea too, and I had thought of some of your concerns too:

Slim is already on the list. It's also already pinned and I separated the shops by country and linked their names to the stores. I don't think any more info is necessary, you can find most of that out by clicking on the link. Unless you want to create a form for each store, but I don't think that's necessary. This is just a nice compilation of stores that other EB members have had good luck with.

I understand the concern about recommending stores so I sent jipay a PM about this thread. I don't know for sure, but I hope it's all right. After all, this should fall under the one rule. IMO, recommending Bricklink stores is much safer then letting people trade on their own word...Bricklink has accountability and Paypal has buyer protection.

Update: Jipay said it's cool...

BrickMiner, as I edit the first post, I'm leaving a category for not known. Could you take a look at that and provide a link to the store you were talking about? Thanks! *wub*
wow, i can't belive you linked all those stores, hinckley 8-

wouldn't one category a bit easier? just a fairly limited list of the best shops on bl, instead of two categories that are difficult to distinguish anyway?

i'd like to add the "German Brick Circus" in ... Germany... *sweet* for being fast and good service in general

Edited by snefroe1