VintageLegoEra

Lego 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner....Finally! :)

Hello ,

Finally after many years i am having this Like-New condition Ship....Amazing indeed.....I love to see it everyday...This ship is indeed an Iconic ship back then and in my opinion this and the 6285/10040 Black Sea's Barracuda are the best looking Ships till now...

Every part in this ship is just new and shinny!!

Here are the photos of mine:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g464/TamiyaEra/20140428_001829-1_zps09aeaafb.jpg

20140428_001859-1_zps77d80312.jpg

20140428_001849-1_zpsb10b7a06.jpg

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g464/TamiyaEra/20140428_001839-1_zps9f654fcb.jpg

:pir-blush:

Stay Tuned...More coming!! ;)

Regards

Edited by Capt. Stabbin
Removed oversize pics

While your pictures are nice, could you please resize them. The maximum allowed is 1024 x 768, ideally no larger than 800x600. There are links to tutorials in my signature. Thanks.

Congrats, buddy. I had this ship when i was 10 years old, I found it in a shop in 1999 after years of research.

For me, the Skull's Eye Schooner always was and will be THE SHIP. That's all. pirate_classic.gif

While your pictures are nice, could you please resize them. The maximum allowed is 1024 x 768, ideally no larger than 800x600. There are links to tutorials in my signature. Thanks.

Sure i will do that and sorry for this...pirate_laugh2.gif

Congrats, buddy. I had this ship when i was 10 years old, I found it in a shop in 1999 after years of research.

For me, the Skull's Eye Schooner always was and will be THE SHIP. That's all. pirate_classic.gif

Thanks Mate!...True..this ship is just awesome...it worths the search and $$$ :)

I have took the chance to buy it twice for 175 €. After cleaning the sail and unyellowing the bricks I now have two brilliant new Skull´s Eye Schooner :). One for my collection (I have 2 in the collection, now) and one for ebay :).

Edited by Matthias130182

I have took the chance to buy it twice for 175 €. After cleaning the sail and unyellowing the bricks I know have two brilliant new Skull´s Eye Schooner :). One for my collection (I have 2 in the collection, now) and one for ebay :).

Awesome!!!...will be nice if u share some photos...:-)

Here some pics I made for Ebay of one of my two new ships after unyellowing sails and bricks. I have written a email to the seller and ask if he can send me the picture of the ship in the condition before I maked it new^^ If I get one I will post it.

14433559094_eb767b5300_z.jpg

14248242437_04fdeeeae8_z.jpg

14431332801_0c29ff8719_z.jpg

Brilliant! I love this ship. I don't recall seeing it as a child, but when I came out of my box (dark ages), I knew I had to get it. I then did lots of research and just wasn't satisfied with the used price, so set out to build my own. Again, I didn't care for the used price of what that would take, I decided to just rebuild it with my own flare and updated colors. I am actually more satisfied with my version than the original.

But the original is always something to admire. Congrats.

Here some pics I made for Ebay of one of my two new ships after unyellowing sails and bricks. I have written a email to the seller and ask if he can send me the picture of the ship in the condition before I maked it new^^ If I get one I will post it.

14433559094_eb767b5300_z.jpg

14248242437_04fdeeeae8_z.jpg

14431332801_0c29ff8719_z.jpg

A Very nice catch!....Congrats.....

I really wish Lego make a re-re of this one!...hope so

Brilliant! I love this ship. I don't recall seeing it as a child, but when I came out of my box (dark ages), I knew I had to get it. I then did lots of research and just wasn't satisfied with the used price, so set out to build my own. Again, I didn't care for the used price of what that would take, I decided to just rebuild it with my own flare and updated colors. I am actually more satisfied with my version than the original.

But the original is always something to admire. Congrats.

Cheers!....

Old id Gold! ;)

Of course I can.

Put the sails in a bowl with water. Put Oxy action into it (the pink stuff). Then you can put the sails in it for 5 - 12 hours. After you did it go into the cinema or visit your grandmom. :)

After 5 - 12 hours take the sails and lay them on a flat table. After drying they are like new. You can even kill fungi with it!!!

The unyellowing of the brings is difficulter. Put the bricks in a clear bowl put hydrogen peroxide into it. With water or only hp, I made a 3% concentration. Then you have to put the bowl into the sunlight. After a day or 2 everything is great.

But be careful! When I unyellowed the shipparts, I tried to unyellow a few castle parts as well. I unyellowd the castle parts only with sun over weeks before, but I was not satisfied with the result. This parts chanced their color in the hydrogen peroxide!! All ship parts where 100% great.

I learned from that, you have to controll the parts over the cleaning time and should not put parts in it which stand longterm in the sun in the near past.

^How do you mean they changed the color? As in, grays became a different shade of gray?

I've been meaning to try to de-yellow some old bricks/sails, but never have got around to it yet.

Thanks for showing the pictures though. I do love the SES.

It should be said that the Hydrogen-Peroxide trick only works on bricks where the Bromine fire retardent that they contain has caused dicolouration. Where bricks have been left in bright sunlight the intensity of the sunlight will often have had a bleaching effect on the dies within the brick discolouring them permanently.

Also FYI, i checked my new whites bricks in a NIB vintage 2000 sets and compared it with 2011-2014 White bricks and found that: Lego indeed did the white bricks more bright compared to their new Bricks back then in late 90's and early 2000.

So Even if you have a New set from late 90's, the white bricks in it is little off-White compared to recent one in which i believe Lego did some enhancement so they not get discolored fast.

Regards

Edited by VintageLegoEra

^How do you mean they changed the color? As in, grays became a different shade of gray?

I've been meaning to try to de-yellow some old bricks/sails, but never have got around to it yet.

Thanks for showing the pictures though. I do love the SES.

The bricks became from light grey to very very light grey. First there where fogs in some parts of the bricks but now the fogs are away. You can see light grey in the middle of the pics.

14359074220_281ffb49b5_n.jpg

The Skull's Eye Schooner is one of Lego's best ships in my mind...red and green normally don't blend that well but in this case I must say differently! . I've always wanted one....more so now then I did as a kid. Maybe someday!! Enjoy your new ship VintageLegoEra! :-)

The Skull's Eye Schooner is one of Lego's best ships in my mind...red and green normally don't blend that well but in this case I must say differently! . I've always wanted one....more so now then I did as a kid. Maybe someday!! Enjoy your new ship VintageLegoEra! :-)

Thanks Matey!! :)....True it is the best ship so far IMO....i love to see it everyday!!...What a Ship!!!!! :thumbup:

cheers!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

As awesome as it is I think the Black Seas Barricuda is the best ship...bot 100% why but it just gives me all the right impressions for the title of the best Lego pirate ship. If you dont mind me asking, how much fid this cost and where did you get it?

As awesome as it is I think the Black Seas Barricuda is the best ship...bot 100% why but it just gives me all the right impressions for the title of the best Lego pirate ship. If you dont mind me asking, how much fid this cost and where did you get it?

A great ship by all means. And yes, the barracuda is great too. These 2 ships are the epics.

I got the SES here in Bricklink few months ago for around $ usd 300 shipped.

It was very hard to search for a like new condition and I am happy to get it for only that price.

Good Luck with the search as this is a must to have.

Regards

Edited by VintageLegoEra

LEGO certainly doesn't make rigging pieces like they used to.

Why don't they bring those nice triangular rigging pieces back? Better still, in dark brown with and extra width of rope.