Part 11: Mysterious Death

Part 12: Dark Meetings

Part 13: Warm Yourself

Part 14.1: Sisterly Visit

Part 14.2: Proud Farmer

Part 14.3: Mitgardian Household

Part 15: Another Mysterious Death

Part 16.1: The Council Meeting

Part 16.2: Meeting with Wyndor (made by Glorfindel)

Part 16.3: Feud in Teridyan

Part 16.4: Great Elk Longhouse (made by Glorfindel)

Part 17: The Cemetery

Home

With Wyndor out of town for several weeks, Valanice invited her sisters to come visit her from Avalonia. She had spent the past few years with her Uncle Richard learning what he had to teach her, but her sisters had remained with her parents. With the plague and the Drow dealt with for now, the road between Avalonia and Mitgardia was thought to be safe.

Wyndor had built a large house for he and Valanice soon after they had moved to Dalig Ulv. Valanice enjoyed showing her sisters around and having their help in keeping house while Wyndor was away.

15277843037_d547a61108_z_d.jpg

15464423295_564463705d_z_d.jpg

15277527579_23c90b7435_z_d.jpg

15464420825_2221f95dcb_z_d.jpg

Without figs:

15277706850_ac97bae463_m_d.jpg 15441309876_db23b0fdac_m_d.jpg 15464061152_f17f0a05d8_m_d.jpg 15441305316_2d779b3922_m_d.jpg

Comments are welcome! This is one of, if not the largest single building I've attempted to date. I'm happy with some parts, not so happy with others. Like the tower. I really don't like it. So if you have negative feedback on it, I'll probably agree with you. I was running out of bricks, and it was already fully integrated with the rest of the building so I couldn't take it out. So there you have it. Let me know what you think.

Great build there. Some nice details like the wings near the roof and the thatched roofs well done as well. The tower does look a little plain but its roof is excellent. That tree is awsome, love the way it twists and bends like real trees do. One other little thing u could of done is make ur own shutters. Only a litte thing though, :wink: .

This house has some really cool details added. I particularly like the sloped and angled surrounding ground. The cellar/basement door is very interesting, as are the color and texture variations across the walls. Those are some marvelous Mitgardian curtains in the upper story window.

I also like that a round tower corner is incorporated. I have always wanted to live in a house with a round tower corner like this.

Great to see more excellent Mitgardian builds, MKJoshA!

Great job with the house, especially the texturing on the facade. The inclusion of the tower is really good, I think the problem with it is that it's a little small, in comparison with the rest of the house especially. Love the wings on the front!

Nice build! There are a lot of great details here.

In regards to the tower: once you drew attention to it, it started to look a bit plain, compared to the rest of the building. It might benefit to more detailing, like you've used in the first floor -- that would help to integrate it better. But, you mentioned brick shortage, so there's not much to be done about it. A window or two could also give it a bit of oomph.

Lovely house MKJA! I really like the wall texturing, and the foliage/garden around the house. That tree also looks very cool, you really achieved the gnarly old tree look! :thumbup:

Some very nifty details on there like that winged section, and the tower is perfectly executed :thumbup:

Mate, don't get me wrong, I love this build, the plants, the roof, the detailing on the walls, the little balcony over the door, the deck out front, everything right down to the wings over the front of the house, but that is the single most unnatural tree I have ever seen in my life.

The tower looks great when the build is photographed with it behind the house. When the tower is fully visible, it suffers in comparison of detail. The rest of the house is great but I really hate that tree. It's probably just aesthetics but to me, it looks like some kind of swampy tree monster about to eat all those poor ladies. In the context of Lego trees, it just... kind of doesn't look like a tree. :P

Edited by mccoyed

Awesome house MK, glad we didn't lose you completely to the SW community ... :thumbup:

Great build there. Some nice details like the wings near the roof and the thatched roofs well done as well. The tower does look a little plain but its roof is excellent. That tree is awsome, love the way it twists and bends like real trees do. One other little thing u could of done is make ur own shutters. Only a litte thing though, :wink: .

Thank you! This was my first attempt at the thatched roof look. I'm glad you like it. As for the shutters, I guess I need to experiment with that some more. I've only ever tried it once and wasn't happy with it.

Nice! Love the tower section!

I'm glad someone likes it :tongue:

This house has some really cool details added. I particularly like the sloped and angled surrounding ground. The cellar/basement door is very interesting, as are the color and texture variations across the walls. Those are some marvelous Mitgardian curtains in the upper story window.

I also like that a round tower corner is incorporated. I have always wanted to live in a house with a round tower corner like this.

Great to see more excellent Mitgardian builds, MKJoshA!

Glad you like the curtains! I wanted to incorporate the guild colors somehow and that was a convenient way.

Great job with the house, especially the texturing on the facade. The inclusion of the tower is really good, I think the problem with it is that it's a little small, in comparison with the rest of the house especially. Love the wings on the front!

Thanks for the feedback!

I really like the door to the cellar.

Thanks! It was a last minute inclusion. I needed something to make that back wall not look so bare.

Nice build! There are a lot of great details here.

In regards to the tower: once you drew attention to it, it started to look a bit plain, compared to the rest of the building. It might benefit to more detailing, like you've used in the first floor -- that would help to integrate it better. But, you mentioned brick shortage, so there's not much to be done about it. A window or two could also give it a bit of oomph.

I thought about windows, but I didn't like how they stuck out without any padding on the sides of the window frames. Really, it was a lack of plates more than bricks that sunk me. Plates are definitely going to be in my next Bricklink order :grin:

Lovely house MKJA! I really like the wall texturing, and the foliage/garden around the house. That tree also looks very cool, you really achieved the gnarly old tree look! :thumbup:

I'm glad you like the tree!

Nice one! Love it! The roof is awesome. and the round tower in the back is very nice!

I'm glad you like it all!

The house and tower are great, nice work.

Thanks, always room for improvement, but that's all of us right?

Some very nifty details on there like that winged section, and the tower is perfectly executed :thumbup:

Thank you for your vote of confidence :sweet:

Really beautiful building MK! Eye catching color combinations.

That's high praise coming from you!

Lovely, neat textures, love the tower and the tree.

Thanks vitreolum!

Nice house :) I like the detailing on the walls :)

I'm glad you like the details!

Mate, don't get me wrong, I love this build, the plants, the roof, the detailing on the walls, the little balcony over the door, the deck out front, everything right down to the wings over the front of the house, but that is the single most unnatural tree I have ever seen in my life.

Thank you for your feedback. It is certainly a unique tree, I agree with you on that. I personally like the tree (hence why I included it) but I have no problem that you don't. I keep trying to experiement with different tree designs since I've never liked Lego's. Some of my ideas work, some of them don't.

The tower looks great when the build is photographed with it behind the house. When the tower is fully visible, it suffers in comparison of detail. The rest of the house is great but I really hate that tree. It's probably just aesthetics but to me, it looks like some kind of swampy tree monster about to eat all those poor ladies. In the context of Lego trees, it just... kind of doesn't look like a tree. :P

My feelings exactly on the tower. As for the tree, it does look a little more swampy, that's true. And thank you for your feedback. I'll keep working on this particular tree design and try to improve it so that everyone likes it :grin:

Awesome house MK, glad we didn't lose you completely to the SW community ... :thumbup:

Yes, I am trying to divide my time evenly. The budget for Legos is also having to be divided though and that's hard. Ithorians and Duros just don't fit in GoH.

Great house! Love the detailing. I quite like the tree, although it does look a little swampish, although I suppose that's just the Nocturnian in me!

Very nice build, my favorite parts are the lower floor and the tree :classic:

The tower seems to be missing some kind of windows however?

The roof is nice, and I really like the texture on the walls, especially on the ground floor!

Nice build, MKJ, I like how you made the house at a different angle than the base :thumbup:

The curtains, wings, chimney, border and cellar door are great details. As to the tower, I agree with the others that it would certainly be improved if it was a bit bigger and had some windows (it strikes me as more of a small grain silo as it is :grin: ). The texture on the second-story front could also be improved by mixing the profile bricks with the plates a little more. Very cool build overall though, especially considering your piece limitations :classic:

Edited by Garmadon