Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Cranium Crag by Legohaulic

I love all his work. The skull makes this, in my opinon.

Though I do think the MOC is called "Cranium Crag" (that's what he calls it on Flickr, anyway.) :pir-wink:

I envy him and his horde of gold coins.

Great find. I love the use of magnets to hold the two halves

I envy him and his horde of gold coins.

Great find. I love the use of magnets to hold the two halves

I envy him having such a great taste for building MOC

YA PIRATES ROCK !!! I want meself a pirate *i*ch like yours!

I can exercise and train myself in the art of building MOC but I will never win :pir-cry_sad::pir_bawling: as long guys like Legohaulic are around... :pir-hmpf:

Well now, that's a glorious creaton if I've ever seen one! It's like the pirate equivalent of Castle Grey Skull - did anyone have on of those. Well the concept is simple, they both have skull entrances and open up in the middle.

Hmm, He-Man MOCs, haven't looked that up on Brickshelf before...

What I found the coolest on this MOC was the Pirate Wench boobtube made using an elastic band and 2 black lever bases :pir-wub:

Seriously though, the whole rock formation is great. How do people build those? Just build randomly?!

Sweet :thumbup:

I wonder what the cannon is made off...

Looks like it's made from black round 2x2 bricks, black barrel and something like this.

With a round 1x1 plate and a technic ball joint on the back, some wedge plates + 2x2 brown tiles on the sides and these bracket pieces on the bottom to hold it together it seems. Cant see if there is a good connection between the carriage and cannon though.

Edited by Fluyt

The best pirate MOC for few days! IT's really awesome. I really like the idea of magnets to hold this together;)

First of all, the ladders are awesome. The skull entrance really stands out amongst other skull doors throughout the history of the lego sets and MOCs as well. Secondly I love the idea that this hideout is waht all pirate hidout should ever be - huge gold depot;) Finally the women leader of the pirates is an excellent addition to these minifigs.

Thee only thing that disturbes me is the size of a cannon - it's a bit oversized because if it shot I would draw back 2 metres and fell on the other side of the hideout.

But I think that the imperial guards are well trained and experienced soldiers so they will quickly find out that it is the pirate-skull-hideout :)

Good work man! Kepp it comming.

really beautiful... amazing mocs! I love the way he makes it open, with train magnets.

I like that rock. I've been wondering how many grey pieces you must buy to create such a mountain. The rock's interior is also very nice and using magnets to connect the two halfs is a unique idea. What I find odd, however, is that the mast on the roof does not go through the roof. The roof would never be able to hold the mast. Well, I'm being realistic. :laugh:

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this creation has been discussed here, but it is too cool and well built not to share it.. I did not create this, but someone named CraniumCrag on brickshelf did.

Here is the link to brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=344490

Holy goodness gracious me! This is a wonderful MOC. I might even frontpage this on Classic-Pirates.com! Great find!

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I was very impressed when I saw this. I found it on Bshelf. Enjoy

cc01.jpg

I thought that the cannon was very realistic looking.

cc10.jpg

A very nice looking telescope.

cc04.jpg

An image of when it is connected.

cc11.jpg

A shot of when disconnected.

Here is the link for further images

Edited by SlyOwl
Merged ;-)

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but I think I have allready seen this amazing MOC on EB's.

But please do correct me if I am wrong.

Even if it was already on EB, I didn't see it. Thanks for posting this! Whoever made this did a great job.

Whoever made this did a great job.

Yes I totally agree. Whoever built this Knew what they were doing.