Sign in to follow this  
Darthluke824

Review: 7696 Passenger Plane

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Well to start off with this set is VERY rare! I mangaged to acquire this sometime earlier this year, but I don't think it's available any more. Anyway lets get started!

Set: 7696 Passenger Plane

Number of Minifigures: 2

Price: £15

Box-

dsc02937.jpg

Quite an unusual box as it is long and thick. It has a nice regular City background with a runway. It also has the pieces on! (This is unusual in the UK just so you don't know!

dsc02938.jpg

Back is nothing special with different angles on.

dsc02939.jpg

The side has just the regular things on too.

Instructions-

dsc02947.jpg

Very large instructions compared to the box!

dsc02948.jpg

Really no special pieces here...

Minifigs-

dsc02940.jpg

The minifigs are pretty basic. The pilot has a beard and brown hair. The passenger (Businessman?) has ginger hair and a smile! He also comes with a brown suitcase. (Containing nothing! I miss the little 1x1s in cases....)

The Model-

Side-

dsc02941.jpg

Front-

dsc02942.jpg

Other Side-

dsc02943.jpg

Back-

dsc02944.jpg

Features-

dsc02945.jpg

The cockpit is pretty basic, a 1x2 printed tile and empty space for the pilot. It also has a smoked coloured windcreen that is removable.

dsc02946.jpg

It has very little detail but has a table and roome for a suit case. Only one minifig can fit in. :hmpf_bad:

Ratings-

Overall I really like the set and for such little money it is worth it! Apart from a few flaws (Space, Cockpit) It is excellent and worthy of the LEGO Plane Shelf!

Price 5/5

Overall 4/5

Thanks for Reading! (1st Review!)

P.S I have attemped to resize pics but they are still to big! They have now sorted themselves out! Strange.

Edited by Rick

Nice review!

I actually bought one of these off the BA Website after seeing someone post on this forum that they were on sale. A handy website indeed! default_blink.gif

Reminds me of the plane I had as a kid. I like that it has the older style nose design. Not a big fan of the giant one-piece nose piece you see on the newer planes and helicopters.

I like the classic town look of this set, and the new parts (engines, multi-faceted windos) make it look really nice. I want one of these now! :cry_sad:

Neat review 'Darthluke824', a cute little jet with that classic town feel....it would totally fit anyone's classic town layout ! :classic:

Though the length of the jet is a worry, more suited to be a turbo-prop powered plane. :wink:

Neat review 'Darthluke824', a cute little jet with that classic town feel....it would totally fit anyone's classic town layout ! :classic:

Though the length of the jet is a worry, more suited to be a turbo-prop powered plane. :wink:

Yes, I agree! A little small with those huge engines. A little longer body could be a quick fix though...

Nice review 'Darthluke824'!

I've been dying to get a copy of this set. The compactness of the plane is excellent, and I was hoping that the 2010 Sea Plane set would be like this, but it was quite a dissapointment instead.

Aer Lingus still has these in stock, and likely will for an age too. They usually change over to the 'new' airline exclusive a few months before the *next* one comes out.