Sign in to follow this  
Jlblue

Smileville [comic]

I haven't posted here in a while, not since the topic for my last comic, Est. '62 sort of died off (although I did finish it, all 42 episodes are here. Yeah, it's a bit of a massive comic, but I also think it's probably the best thing I've done so far.)

But I've been working on another comic for a little while now, so I figured I may as well post that here, too.

Link to all the episodes.

Edited by Jlblue

I have a feeling I've commented on this before. I'm still shocked that Jenkins came out of Penny's(was that her name? I mean the red-haired girl.) tent. You wicked soul. Your Eeeeeeevil Comic Maker Card must be really big now because you have to fit all this stuff in.

Like I said in my PM to you, I find this comic highly interesting and can't wait to see how you conclude it.

I've always been a sucker for this type of survival stories, and the morality included in Smileville really makes it stand out for me.

Keep it up, please! :thumbup:

This seems cool.

"What if we're not as happy as we think..." :laugh:

Once you've read the previous episodes at the link at the top, here's the latest:

102_6573.jpg

102_6577.jpg

102_6579.jpg

102_6580.jpg

102_6581.jpg

102_6583.jpg

102_6585.jpg

102_6586.jpg

102_6587.jpg

102_6589.jpg

102_6590.jpg

102_6591.jpg

102_6592.jpg

102_6593.jpg

102_6596.jpg

102_6597.jpg

102_6598.jpg

102_6599.jpg

102_6600.jpg

102_6601.jpg

102_6602.jpg

102_6606.jpg

102_6607.jpg

102_6608.jpg

102_6610.jpg

102_6611.jpg

102_6613.jpg

102_6614.jpg

102_6615.jpg

Edited by Jlblue

Yaay, they're all dead! :devil:

Heh, not really. It was just so obvious that the nameless side characters would all die before the main chars would. It'll be interesting to see how the group is going to survive this all. :wink:

Not such a happy bunch anymore! :tongue: I have to admire you for the speed you do these, yet the quality doesn't suffer. Of course using the same sets helps the production, though.

The token black guys always seem to be the voice of reason, I've noticed. Btw, I'd love to include black characters to my own comic, but I only have one brown headpiece, and it has orange sunglasses on it. Gotta get me some more versatility. :wink:

I knew he was going to outburst eventually. He was interrupted in almost every comic. :laugh:

That guy's a bit of an idiot though, risking his life for a few blankets? :tongue:

Ooh, twisty! :grin:

I knew Josh would die sooner or later, so that Mr. Homebreaker could get his woman. :tongue:

Btw, I finished reading Est. 62, and what an epic it was! You really made all the cast members stand out from each other with just small nyances, like you have in this comic as well. And I love how you implement humor into these serious stories, too.

Keep it up, please!

:sad: Don't this die, it was cool, and we were just getting to the good part!

:sad: Don't this die, it was cool, and we were just getting to the good part!

Exsactly! Hpefully the next aprt comes soon,and we can see what happens next.

Actually Jblue is still updating but not here on this website. its here Here!

Sweet apples! Thanks, Ice77! This is great- both the comic and the fact he's keeping this up!

Haha, sorry guys that I completely forgot about posting this here. But yes, it is finished (all episodes here), and I am planning on a making a new comic soon. I'm really looking forward to it, and it should be pretty awesome. Here's the preview image:

black_thursday.png

So yeah, I'm psyched for that.

Haha, sorry guys that I completely forgot about posting this here. But yes, it is finished (all episodes here), and I am planning on a making a new comic soon. I'm really looking forward to it, and it should be pretty awesome. Here's the preview image:

*snip*

So yeah, I'm psyched for that.

yeah, I saw that. Nice plot twist with Brown, by the way.

A nice, bittersweet ending to a very thrilling comic! Thanks for sharing it with us. :classic: It was quite obvious who was going to die and who survive, but that's alright.

Maybe in your next project you could focus on the backgrounds more? It's of course not necessary, but a more detailed environment would really compliment the wonderful stories you tell through your comics. I realize that would also extend the time you'd have to spend on making the comics, but you could try how it works if you'd like.

You're really a talented and versatile story-teller, and you're getting better and better at it, so please, don't ever stop. :thumbup:

A nice, bittersweet ending to a very thrilling comic! Thanks for sharing it with us. :classic: It was quite obvious who was going to die and who survive, but that's alright.

Maybe in your next project you could focus on the backgrounds more? It's of course not necessary, but a more detailed environment would really compliment the wonderful stories you tell through your comics. I realize that would also extend the time you'd have to spend on making the comics, but you could try how it works if you'd like.

You're really a talented and versatile story-teller, and you're getting better and better at it, so please, don't ever stop. :thumbup:

Which reminds me, does his eyes ever get fixed?