Joebot

[Comic] Unlikely Society -- Chapter 27

Hey everyone,

Chap27teaser.jpg

The next chapter in the Unlikely Society is finished and posted. This chapter brings back a couple of old friends, including my favorite "classic" Unlikely Society character ever. You'll just have to read it to find out who ...

As always, thanks to everyone for reading!!

-Joebot

That is so awesome. That episode was literally constructed of awesome. Hue Man's return was freaking awesome, although it does make me miss his interactions with Monochromancer. Some of my favorite lines were from Monorchromancer's inner monologue that was constantly insulting Hue Man...

Also, you totally stole Commander Awesome from me. Not so much the secretly being evil part, but the appearance and name party.

Anyway, thumbs up as always.

That's just perfect!

Hue Man was always my favorite in the old series, and now he's back in the new one!

If you make him evil, or kill him off, I'll never forgive you.

That is so awesome. That episode was literally constructed of awesome. Hue Man's return was freaking awesome, although it does make me miss his interactions with Monochromancer. Some of my favorite lines were from Monorchromancer's inner monologue that was constantly insulting Hue Man...

Also, you totally stole Commander Awesome from me. Not so much the secretly being evil part, but the appearance and name party.

Yeah, I kinda miss the dynamic between Hue Man and Monchromancer too. Those two guys were always my favorite characters to write.

For whatever it's worth, I haven't looked at your comics yet (although I plan too!), and I wrote these Commander Awesome chapters about a year ago. I guess it's one of those situations like Newton and Leibniz independently inventing calculus at the same time. Just a couple of geniuses on the same wavelength! :classic:

Hue Man was always my favorite in the old series, and now he's back in the new one!

If you make him evil, or kill him off, I'll never forgive you.

Never fear, Hue Man will never be evil. I don't have any big plans for him yet. I just like knowing that he's back!

For whatever it's worth, I haven't looked at your comics yet (although I plan too!), and I wrote these Commander Awesome chapters about a year ago. I guess it's one of those situations like Newton and Leibniz independently inventing calculus at the same time. Just a couple of geniuses on the same wavelength! :classic:

Haha, yeah, well unfortunately you managed to put him in a comic before I could get around to it, so as far as anyone else is concerned, it's less like Newton and Leibniz inventing calculus at the same time and more like a homeless on the street looking in at a TV being displayed in a shop and screaming loudly that he was the one that invented American Idol. :tongue:

Anyway, looking forward to more.

WOW, Ireally missed some awesome stories. :oh:

Nah, you didn't miss anything! The stories are still there, waiting for you to read them!

And ... maybe one of these days, I'll get off my lazy megablocks and finish the next chapter...

Back from a short break from Lego, and what a nice welcome back to see Unlikely Society released another issue! I really enjoyed this one, the flips between people was a nice dynamic. You were able to advance the plot much more than you normally do, and we saw A LOT of characters, which is nice if you need to be reminded of them every once in a while. You are finally starting to tie together all the evil characters too, which I just love. One of the things i love about Marvel is the fact that they havwe a whole universe for their characrters to explore, the supervillians and heroes cross paths and can meet each other and be reused and so on and so forth. You are finally really starting to shape that. Also, strong villians are great, since I've always had a major crush on any evil character. I like them so much more than good characters if pulled off correctly.

Finally, I'd like to say that I am finally gooing to take the time to go bacck and look at the orginal Unlikely Society. Have promised myself I will a ton of times, but since it's finally prominant in this story, I'm going back and doing it for sure now!

Anyway, great job, very enjoyable issue, and keep writing!

Back from a short break from Lego, and what a nice welcome back to see Unlikely Society released another issue! I really enjoyed this one, the flips between people was a nice dynamic. You were able to advance the plot much more than you normally do, and we saw A LOT of characters, which is nice if you need to be reminded of them every once in a while. You are finally starting to tie together all the evil characters too, which I just love. One of the things i love about Marvel is the fact that they havwe a whole universe for their characrters to explore, the supervillians and heroes cross paths and can meet each other and be reused and so on and so forth. You are finally really starting to shape that. Also, strong villians are great, since I've always had a major crush on any evil character. I like them so much more than good characters if pulled off correctly.

Finally, I'd like to say that I am finally gooing to take the time to go bacck and look at the orginal Unlikely Society. Have promised myself I will a ton of times, but since it's finally prominant in this story, I'm going back and doing it for sure now!

Anyway, great job, very enjoyable issue, and keep writing!

Thanks for the great feedback, Zepher! Good luck with those old Unlikely Society stories. I cringe whenever I look at them. The photography, page layouts ... well, let's just say I've learned a lot over the years.

And thanks for not mentioning the fact that it's been TWO FREAKIN' MONTHS since the last update. Yeah, I know. I've been working on it a lot this week though. Last night I finished all the page layouts for the next chapter. I just have to add the dialogue. I think I'll have it done this weekend!!