Sign in to follow this  
maydayartist

The Lion of Luebeck (sistership of the Adler)

thindexedgif.gif 85b

Hallo friends

Now it is time to upload my first "pirate" ship.

I don't know what it is exactly, a pirate or a royal ship, captured or not. It's not important ;)

It is a three mast galleon with 12 canons on a lower deck.

The cabin at the stern is build with a seven sided extension.

It is a little bit difficult to describe all the details so I do what I'm best at, make pictures.

It's dark outside so the pictures are taken with artificial light and not really beatiful.

I will make new pictures tomorrow with better light.

I love the ship now it's finished but the sails are not my favorite. I've seen other much more better work at this.

I think I will do it once more ... later.

Totale mit Insel

2.jpg

imgp2350.jpg

imgp2351.jpg

imgp2407.jpg

imgp2423.jpg

imgp2430.jpg

imgp2427.jpg

1.jpg

Details

imgp2356.jpg

imgp2358.jpg

imgp2359.jpg

imgp2417.jpg

imgp2418.jpg

Edited by SlyOwl
Title altered as requested by maker.

This is amazing with spectacular techniques! I love it. keep up the good work. :pir-sweet:

What he said.

Very nice :pir_laugh2:

P.S. What are you talking about? the sails look great!

Edited by the_green_avenger

Would you mind resizing those pictures to 800 x 600? Here's a tutorial: LINK

That's a lovely ship, the sides are beautiful and the rest has so many great details. :thumbup:

I reduce them for brickshelf to 1024x768 (only the first is bigger to see it better) and thought that this forum automatically reduce them to 82% of 1024x768, isn't it?

The big one is changed

Edited by maydayartist

Great work, maydayartist!!! Your ship looks so beautiful! My favourite section is the round stern, but also the side of the ship looks wonderful – something unique! What's the problem with the sails? I think they are all right as they are now! :wink:

Good work, that is a damn fine ship. Great work on the paneling on the sides, and the stern is lovely. A perfect ship to acompany your port! :pir-classic:

This is a wonderful ship. I love the height of the cabin and all the windows. The overall shape of the ship is very realistic. The technique used on the sides and front of the ship are unique.

I reduce them for brickshelf to 1024x768 (only the first is bigger to see it better) and thought that this forum automatically reduce them to 82% of 1024x768, isn't it?

The big one is changed

The only problem is that for people with slow connections it still takes a while for them to load. :pir-classic: It's fine for me, but I would imagine it's slow for some.

Thanks for all of your great feedback.

I think the only result of this is a second ship for the pirates. And this one get back to the real owner, the Hanse.

Problem is, the only bows and sterns I own are the red-brown ones, hm we will see.

The only problem is that for people with slow connections it still takes a while for them to load. pirate_classic.gif It's fine for me, but I would imagine it's slow for some.

Ok I will fix it later, I need to sleep ... now! ;) Work starts in 3 hours

Edited by maydayartist

I had one more question. What material did you use for the sails? They look really nice. :pir-classic:

A pillow over (?!) :pir-sceptic: (Kopfkissenüberzug in german) :pir_laugh2:

A pillow over (?!) :pir-sceptic: (Kopfkissenüberzug in german) :pir_laugh2:

Thats how you say "Pillow Cover" in german? Wow...that must be complicated to speak like that everyday... :pir_laugh2:

Well I do listen to Rammstein (My favourite band) but they don't seem to say to many complicated words.

Very nice ship, thing I really like about it are the way you've put the gunports on it, and the stern and the doors to the decks below. Maybe you could change the bowa little (just look at some ship-pictures and I think you'll see what I mean. But it really looks great and the colours are also perfect for this kind of ships, good luck with the sails!

That's one absolutely amazing ship!

The stern is very nicely detailed and have a beautiful colour scheme :thumbup:

Oh dear, the title seems to have gone strange...

What is the correct name of the ship?

Most probably "The Lion of Lübeck" (Luebeck if the german ü isn't available) :pir-wink:

Thats how you say "Pillow Cover" in german? Wow...that must be complicated to speak like that everyday... :pir_laugh2:

Well I do listen to Rammstein (My favourite band) but they don't seem to say to many complicated words.

Indeed

@ Captain Zuloo

Yes it is finally the "Lion of Luebeck" and yes I forgot that there is no ü on this side available :pir-sceptic:

On my investigation about shiptypes, names and so on I found the "Adler of Luebeck" and decided to add a sistership. Thats it

@YnyklY (difficult name btw)

I will post the template (from the bow and the middle section) of the ship out of a childrens knowledge book. The bow is a copy of this and only the upright yellow (tan, gold whatever) sprout on top of it are missing.

Beautiful. You have a lot of talent! I look forward to seeing much more of you creations. This ship should be indexed as you used so many great technics. If you wanted to you could do a short tutoral on how you did the sides and a few other special technics for the ship building techniques index I am working on.

I only mean that your bow could be more like this:

vb2.png

instead of this:

vb1.png

See the difference? Not a big issue, but it would look nicer if you make a roof on every hullpiece and then make the galleon in front of all that..of something like that :pir-classic:

Yeah that's the classic front. As I start the ship I don't know if I should use such a front but after the decission to copy the boat fromthe picture, I loose this idea.

But hey ;) it´s Lego, so I test this other front and post it.

If this should be frontpaged I photoshoped the ship into a drawing of rough sea.

01_lion_klein.jpg