LXF in general  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the quality of my MOCs

• Good
    • Not bad
    • Bad
    • Very bad
  2. 2. How would you rate the quality of my videos?

• Good
    • Not bad
    • Bad
    • Very bad
  3. 3. Have you built any of my MOCs ?

4. 4. How would you rate the quality of my photos?

• Good
    • Not bad
    • Bad
    • Very bad
  5. 5. Have you visited any other of my social media accounts?

Good day!

Sometimes I make MOCs that don't deserve a topic, or simply have WIP concepts that I don't publish . This will serve as a place where I post my WIP creations that may end being a MOC , and small sized MOCs which are too simple to post a video or create a topic.

Edited by syclone
name change

I am very sorry , but the Helix will be something different to my usual, so cannot post progress photos, only can say the the tail rotor is still not made , the main rotor works well and the helicopter is a bit bigger than I initially thought.

Also I am running out of black parts.

That is very nice LXF, is nice to see some of your works here.

Thanks! Edited by LXF

Sorry for double post, but the Helix is 100% complete! Will post a topic and video soon

Probably the ugliest one you have seen ,but all functions work!

But the LDD is at 0%, will have a hard time digitalizing it :wall:

Am I the only one who likes how dust looks on black studded parts?

Edited by LXF

So I got a bit tired of the Unimog making and while the pieces are being shipped I decided to make a simple RC MOC. Many options can fit this category, but I decided to make a wheelchair ♿.

The rear wheels will be the ones from the Street Motorcycle set and the power will be two m-motors. Also after this O want to make another wheelchair, but with the buggy motor >:)

Sorry for this empty post, but tomorrow I will start it in LDD

I have some work to do now in LDD , but I found a blueprint of a wheelchair, now I know that my model will be 11 studs width , 21 studs long and 16 studs height ( Sariel's scaler tool of course) . Also the front wheels will be these

wheelchair-design-specifications.gif

Edited by LXF

Well, first prototype

Powered by two m-motors, gear ratio 1:5001

Looks good so far, maybe you should try to put some gearing down or using a train motor, or the person who will be there will die of a heart attack, nut it is looking really nice, and maybe, once you finish the "standard" version you could go for this:

redweb.jpg

Looks good so far, maybe you should try to put some gearing down or using a train motor, or the person who will be there will die of a heart attack, nut it is looking really nice, and maybe, once you finish the "standard" version you could go for this:

It looks like I will have plenty of time to build that until the parts arrive :devil:

My wheelchair is almost finished , now I have to build somebody to ride it. :classic:

Poor Unimog , it hope I will not have to build again when the parts arrive :laugh:

F_200408_august30ed_246907a.jpgrocket_powered_wheelchair__by_alleina.jpg

This is how it should look with a Buggy motor and BuWizz :devil:

Or with CLAAS tires:

bridge_system.jpg

Edited by LXF

This has been a WIP for some time , but because I picked a scale too big , it will not progress anymore. After building it Irl I seen that I don't have enought pieces for a decent boom.

Was supposed to be a mobile crane . Axles 1,2,4,5 are steered. axle 3 drives a mini fake motor. 8053-like outriggers . Here's LDD model: download

640x334.jpg

640x277.jpg

640x277.jpg

640x277.jpg

Have a good day.

Edited by LXF

11 hours ago, LXF said:

This has been a WIP for some time , but because I picked a scale too big , it will not progress anymore. After building it Irl I seen that I don't have enought pieces for a decent boom.

Was supposed to be a mobile crane . Axles 1,2,4,5 are steered. axle 3 drives a mini fake motor. 8053-like outriggers . Here's LDD model: download

Noooo :( can't you try to make it a 4 axle? Will that help for the boom?

Got a new camera , it's a Bresser action camera - similar to a GoPro , in fact , one can use GoPro's accesories with it.

Indoor and outdoor video tests below:

Have been busy with school and sport training , but some concepts did came to life in this period . This project was an accident - I simply started putting pieces together while watchning a livestream . I made high hopes , and kept going with it. I planned to make a universal platform on which the bodywork can be swapped out for another one. download LDD file If opening the file , check groups for easy analysis of the model. 

Major failures:

• Diffs. together with the m-motors they killed any perfomance hopes.
  • Front axle. Trying to keep the clearance as high as possible , I made the axle too weak and every two minutes or so of offroading had to fix it.
  • Design. I tried to make some sort of recreation of the early '00s sets , but failed .

Win:

• First blue MOC
  • Bodywork completely removable
  • Good suspension travel

640x342.jpg

Edited by LXF

"Eprius" bass boosted beach roadster: gallery

• 5-speed gearbox (courtesy of ZBLJ)
  • supercharged v8
  • HOG + working steering wheel
  • Bass system
  • all-wheel independent suspension

800x600.jpg
800x600.jpg
800x600.jpg
800x600.jpg

Edited by LXF

"New" return-to-center mechanism. I've been using it for quite a long time now,just didn't happen to make a tutorial before. Much smaller than my previous version 

Edited by LXF

34232713902_77e05a54f2_z.jpgFWD prototype by Alaxaf, on Flickr
33581587563_2bb1b556aa_z.jpgFWD prototype by Alaxaf, on Flickr
Idk . It feels nice when driving , but it is strange. More control of the direction of the car, but I'm not happy with the steering yet. 
It is still in development , so I'll change some things. I already have some ideas about the kind of body on top , but I think it will be quite a challenge for me
I've never driven a real car, but I noticed that when I try to drift it is different to a rwd car. It kinda slides with the front keeping the inner rear wheel at the slowest speed. Maybe it's just the slack in the steering. 

I've been thinking about small drive-able small lego hubs for a while now. Although it is possible to make ones from lego , but you have to sacrifice strength or ground clearance for that. Here's my 1st attempt at a solution : 

MacPherson Strut hubs for 6572 suspension arms . Available on Shapeways (among other custom lego stuff ) https://www.shapeways.com/designer/alaxaf/creations

33311454843_ed641334b7.jpg33311454853_f582ed2e71.jpg

33311454863_83e67052a9.jpg33311454883_303ca94b90.jpg

33311454893_874efd6223.jpg

Should I start a separate topic for this?

Small half hour pull-bak model. Inspired by Rocket Voltic from GTA V. 2 motors on rear , 1 motor on front. Even though it is fast , it is still a boring pullback.

full photo gallery here

img_8995.jpg

img_8999.jpg

Edited by LXF

Failed SUV/ offroader/ whatever this could've been classified as in 2019.

Near center of the wheel steering thanks to deep futuristic wheels, pneumatically lockable differentials, 4WD, 4WS. Suspension using 9l links, steering through worm gear. Steering and suspension were :sick:. Also pathetically slow.

LDD FILE DOWNLOAD

video of the drive+diffs:

suv_0004.png

suv_0005.png

suv_0006.png

Edited by syclone

6 hours ago, powerwindows83 said:

if you threw a standard lego wheel on it and changed the gearing (or added a second XL motor to the other side) what was a failure about it?

Failures:

Not the wheels but the steering itself - collided with the 9l links

Suspension - terrible, collided with steering; axles were floating side to side. 

Propulsion - too slow - tried lots of different gear ratios but couldn't use Buggy motors due to the contest and I don't have the money for a second XL motor - hadn't bought any parts/sets in almost a year and I'm saving up for red parts to finish the Saber.

Basically I ran out of interest&ideas after 2 months of building it inbetween other stuff and just threw it here for it not to go to waste. I'll eventually pick it up and try some new ideas (did the same with the crane from this thread) but most likely won't regain the interest in it. I do want to try independent suspension on it to justify it being a SUV though

Edited by syclone