Sign in to follow this  
simonwillems

Pirateship BS find: Serenity

thindexedgif.gif 24b

Look at this beautiful little ship I found on BS today.

This guy has made some nice looking rigging on the mast (yard-arms) and towards the front of the ship.

Don't know about the paddles though...

(Thumbnails clickable)

pirate_ship_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Look at the window in this picture: never seen it like this before:

pirate_ship_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

(Edit) And here is the Brickshelf folder.

That's indeed a nice little ship Simon and a first test for our new moderator to see if he can move this to the MOC forum :-D .

Yes, lets leave it for Mr Tiber to sort out! He can use the practice.

However, Mr Willems could you please post MOCs in the Pirate MOC sub-forum in the future? Mr Tiber might become quite disgruntled if he has to do this frequently. X-D

Yes, lets leave it for Mr Tiber to sort out! He can use the practice.

However, Mr Willems could you please post MOCs in the Pirate MOC sub-forum in the future? Mr Tiber might become quite disgruntled if he has to do this frequently. X-D

I thought I'd just post it in the pirateforum as this is not my MOC, so not My Own Creation but someone else's...

I thought I'd just post it in the pirateforum as this is not my MOC, so not My Own Creation but someone else's...

Good thinking, but the Brickshelf finds also belong in the Pirate MOC forum...

Moved.

Technically you're right Simon...

Yes, Mr Willems is correct on a technicality, however any LEGO creation which hasn't been officially released by The LEGO Group is classified as a "MOC" so thats why it must go in the Pirate MOC forum.

Anyway, good work Mr Tiber!

For those who are interested here's the BS Folder

Look at the window in this picture: never seen it like this before:

pirate_ship_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

I found an interior picture of the cabin, in the BS Folder :

pirate_ship_10.jpg

So you can have a closer look how the window is made...

Sure, I can see how it's made, but I just noticed a crossbeam in the latticed window that seems a bit strange, because all the other latticed windows I have seen have none, see?

2529.gif

Sure, I can see how it's made, but I just noticed a crossbeam in the latticed window that seems a bit strange, because all the other latticed windows I have seen have none, see?

2529.gif

You are indeed correct. It is a little weird. I have never seen a lego one as such... maybe it is from one of the fake Companies?

That sounds impossible, 4 panes!?! I think the thing is just turned on the side, or he took the dremel to them panes. Nice ship btw

There are only 2 panes in the side windows and they are not turned on the side. Only conclusion is that they are not real Lego.

I have also never seen these masts. They must also be fake.

I guess this ship is a mix of real Lego and fake Lego.

There are only 2 panes in the side windows and they are not turned on the side. Only conclusion is that they are not real Lego.

I have also never seen these masts. They must also be fake.

I guess this ship is a mix of real Lego and fake Lego.

The masts look legit... they are black versions of the ones on the viking boats. but there is something strange with the windows.

Good work Mr Tiber! Although that link should also be added to the first post too for the convenience of first time readers

It seems Mr Willems already took care of that... Good work!

EDIT: I did some experimenting with LEGO window panes and a window frame, and discovered it is definitly impossible to get this effect...

Mr Willems is doing your job for you Mr Tiber, he's quite a legend!

As for this MOC, does anyone suppose its creator came up with the name after watching the Firefly series or the Serenity movie?

A nice wee ship thanks for posting it!

God Bless,

Nathan

BTW just saw the imperial banner or the first time, very nice!

Wee ship Mr Norro? And at what size do ships stop being classified as "wee" because this particular vessel seems to be somewhat bigger than the Black Seas Barracuda which by LEGO set standards is quite a big vessel.

Anyway, lets have a picture of it shall we!

pirate_ship_8.jpg

Mr Willems is doing your job for you Mr Tiber, he's quite a legend!

As for this MOC, does anyone suppose its creator came up with the name after watching the Firefly series or the Serenity movie?

Off topic, but Firefly is an AWESOME series. I was sad that it was ended in the first season. I mean it was Space meets pirates meets wild west, could they have made anything cooler?!?

Also the windows would have been impossible to make out of sidewise turned panes as the window frame is not square... it is 4 wide and only 3 tall.

I haven't seen all the Firefly episodes but I don't recall much "pirating" in the traditional seafaring sense.

Was there any or are you referring to pirates in the science fiction sense?

I haven't seen all the Firefly episodes but I don't recall much "pirating" in the traditional seafaring sense.

Was there any or are you referring to pirates in the science fiction sense?

Well Pirating in the general ship used in connection with crime...

What does one classify pirating as? They do plenty of salvaging and robbing and stealing... and people are CONSTANTLY trying to rob them even on their ship in space. They have no weapons on the ship itself though, so they smuggle and use stealth more than they do piratical activities while in the skies.

I guess it is the addition of a ship of sorts, even if it is not the traditional sail boat that makes their activities piratical as well as outlawish. I guess it is more Wild West outlawish, in the types of jobs, like knocking off trains and such, but as soon as you through a ship in there, it seems a little more like pirating, even if it is more in the science fiction sense of the word.