AyliffeMakit

Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (Video game discussion)

http://www.thehdroom...ing-2015-84166/

xlego-ninjago-shadow-of-ronin-660x400.jpg.pagespeed.ic.PcStvBgAZg.jpg

So yeah, another Ninjago game for the 3DS and PSvita, but this time...

Unlike this past year’s Lego Ninjago Nindroids game, this new entry in the series is not based on the ongoing Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.

Well, that was unexpected.

More information on the plot of the game:

The game introduces Ronin, a new threat who commands a dark army of samurai soldiers. Ronin has obtained an ancient weapon known as the Obsidian Glaive that is able to steal the ninjas memories, and with them their knowledge of how to wield their elemental powers. The ninjas will have to locate Obisidian weapons to recover their memories and stop Ronin before he can execute a grander plan.

So, what do you think?

Is this even in the same universe as the show? I'd like to think this is one of the adventures the ninja have that is offscreen. In between 2014 and 2015?

Oh how I love Ninjago Legs... (read the thread title)

On a more serious note. This is the first Lego game that I've seen in a while where after the initial announcement, I actually want to play it... as soon as possible! :wub:

Ronin looks like an awesome character. I hope for a minifigure of him one day! (Probably the pre-order bonus...)

Is this even in the same universe as the show? I'd like to think this is one of the adventures the ninja have that is offscreen. In between 2014 and 2015?

Judging by the fact that not only Dareth is mentioned, but also many of the show's locales, this game is going to be set in the same universe as the TV show.

However that link in the original post says that the story is not based on the TV show. That info is not part of the press release though, and there are no other reports about that specifically online.

Edited by Penkid11

In celebration of International Ninja Day, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group today announced the next instalment of the highly popular LEGO Ninjago franchise, LEGO® Ninjago™: Shadow of Ronin™, which comes to the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system in Spring 2015. Developed by TT Fusion, a subsidiary of TT Games, the latest LEGO handheld game delivers an untold story of the LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.

“LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin will be the most expansive adventure game through the Ninjago universe that we have ever made to-date,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “Kids will get a kick out of playing as their favourite Ninja warriors battling a new enemy with an exciting array of cool vehicles, mechs and even dragons!”

There is a new threat in Ninjago, and his name is Ronin. With help from his army of dark samurai, Ronin steals the Ninjas’ memories using an ancient weapon called the Obsidian Glaive. The Ninjas forget how to use their elemental powers, and it is up to the players to help them find their Obisidian weapons, regain their memories and reclaim their powers before Ronin completes his plan and releases an even greater evil on Ninjago.

In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin players will battle through iconic locales from the TV series, including the Ice Temple, the Toxic Bogs, and a mysterious new island, as well as visit the mountain village of Spinjago, where the Ninjas are currently training with Grand Sensei Dareth and Sensei Wu. Using their Spinjitzu abilities, players can unleash their Ninja’s elemental power to smash their way through enemies and solve puzzles. They can even team up and create multi-elemental builds using the Tornado of Creation.

jamesster... This may have just made my night.

I'm really hoping that we get a Ronin minifigure. Maybe a whole subtheme based off the game. Like something they do with Star Wars: plenty of sets from the six movies (the main series) and then a little portion devoted to Rebels.

Okay now that we have clearer pictures, I think the colors are okay. The oxidized copper styling on his arm armor looks alright. I just hope that the red is a darker shade.

Is this from the instruction booklets for the 2015 sets?

Edited by Penkid11

LEGO-656x586.jpg

From Amazon:

There is a new threat in Ninjago, and his name is Ronin. With help from his army of dark samurai, Ronin steals the Ninjas’ memories using an ancient weapon called the Obsidian Glaive. The Ninjas forget how to use their elemental powers, and it is up to the players to help them find their Obsidian weapons, regain their memories and reclaim their powers before Ronin completes his plan and releases an even greater evil on Ninjago.

In LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin players will battle through iconic locales from the TV series, including the Ice Temple, the Toxic Bogs, and a mysterious new island, as well as visit the mountain village of Spinjago, where the Ninjas are currently training with Grand Sensei Dareth and Sensei Wu. Using their Spinjitzu abilities, players can unleash their Ninja’s elemental power to smash their way through enemies and solve puzzles. They can even team up and create multi-elemental builds using the Tornado of Creation.

• Battle through iconic locales from the LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu TV series, including the Ice Temple, the Toxic Bogs and Chen's Island.
  • Uncover the secret behind the Obsidian Weapons, ancient yet powerful tools.
  • Defend Ninjago from well-known enemies, including the Serpentine, Nindroids and more.
  • Drive, fly, stomp and slide your way through levels with an exciting array of bikes, jets, mechs and even dragons!
  • Unleash an elemental tornado to smash your way through enemies and solve puzzles. Team up and create the multi-elemental Tornado of Creation!

The game will be $29.99 upon release. Pre-orders are live on Amazon.

It comes out June 30th, 2015

Edited by Penkid11

It comes out June 30th, 2015

Sorry for the double post, but I think we all would be glad to hear of the March 27th release date!

This comes straight from TT Games' press release on this years Lego Games.

Ah, good. They said spring when the game was announced, so I was confused.

Edited by Cagast

It's very likely that Ronin will be an demolition expert in the game. A Ninjago Tournament App was recently released where Ronin is a boss, whose special attack involves throwing bombs in a circle. Since the app is developed by Hellbent, and the gameplay almost feels like a mini-game from a portable game, I am willing to gamble he's going to be that way in Shadows of Ronin.

It's very likely that Ronin will be an demolition expert in the game. A Ninjago Tournament App was recently released where Ronin is a boss, whose special attack involves throwing bombs in a circle. Since the app is developed by Hellbent, and the gameplay almost feels like a mini-game from a portable game, I am willing to gamble he's going to be that way in Shadows of Ronin.

Good :classic:

Edited by SzyMek

Oh yeah. I forgot to report about that a week ago when BZPower retweeted it.

It's awesome that they are implementing Spinjitzu into the game.

But seriously, now... are we going to get the shows voice actors, or that shabby troupe from Nindroids?

I love how they are effectively bridging the gap between the seasons. That just means the world when it comes to tie-in video games.

I also love how they are using the actual sets, as opposed to the TV show's designs when it comes to certain vehicles and creatures.

Ten days later from previous post...

Ninjago: Shadow's of Ronin has been listed on the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $29.99. The page includes screenshots, and the March 24th release date.

There seems to be pretty neat bosses and cutscenes though (thanks to coolcab1 for the link).

It appears that this guy doesn't speak English as his first language, if at all. If he can't translate English very well, there is no way we are getting any information out of him.

Patience

Ten days later from previous post...

Ninjago: Shadow's of Ronin has been listed on the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $29.99. The page includes screenshots, and the March 24th release date.

There seems to be pretty neat bosses and cutscenes though (thanks to coolcab1 for the link).

It appears that this guy doesn't speak English as his first language, if at all. If he can't translate English very well, there is no way we are getting any information out of him.

Patience

I'm currently using my younger brother's instagram account to try and get some info so stay tuned for that.