Sign in to follow this  
kaykay

G'Day from Sydney, Australia!

I've just started getting back into LEGO at the ripe old age of 28. Had previous LEGO sets before but were bought by my parents. Oldest set i have is 6521 Emergency Repair Truck from 1987.

Really got into it with a sizable damage to the wallet.

Bought 10217 Diagon Alley, 10197 Fire Brigade,4738 Hagrids Hut,4840 The Burrow,5771 Hillside House,5766 Log Cabin, 5891 Apple Tree House,minifigures series 2 to 5 all since the LEGO bug hit in March 2011. ( I think im trying to make up for lost time spent with LEGO)

Really should pace myself with the purchases now. haha :D

Challenging myself to make alternate builds with only pieces from a set. At the moment, its the Log Cabin.

Welcome Kaykay, your enthusiasm is very normal for those rediscovering lego, and 28 is younger than many of us here. At least you're buying current sets, when I came out of my dark ages (time not spent buying or playing with Lego) I tried to buy all the sets I wanted as a child but couldn't afford and the price of many of those in new or good used condition is huge compared to current sets.

If you haven't come across it, there's an Aussie sales thread here that might save you a few dollars.

Edited by hewman

Welcome kaykay, good to see amother Aussie join the community. As a fan base in Australia we need to stick together to discuss news and deals avaliable in Australia. I'm also from Sydney. :thumbup:

Welcome to EB! :classic: Alternate builds are a great place to start, especially with Creator sets. I'm sure you'll be fully addicted and building MOCs in no time! :laugh: Enjoy the site!