Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Series 4 Musketeer gets a POTC upgrade

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

When I saw the accessories for the POTC sets, I had to get one for my Musketeer.

Now he has a proper Rapier holder!!!

img3464y.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Lookin good! Why didn't I think of this? :thumbup::laugh:

A better question is why LEGO didn't think of this. :tongue:

Yeah, it bugs me that the Musketeer has a printed cross belt/holder. It doesnt make sense for him to have it on his right side. Unless he is left handed.

I also added a main gauche. On Dealiest Warrior I saw a weapons expert talk about Musketeers and he said they carried a main gauche along with their rapier.

Edited by Solscud007

I'd just like to give my Musketeer a musket. Because he's a MUSKETEER, yanno? I have one of the old Pirates muskets, but it really doesn't look right for him. It's kind of silly that he didn't come with a firearm.

Nice simple mod, Solscud. Looks great. Is it possible to slightly angle the blade downward? I think that might look better.

"I know something you do not know"

Why the secrecy?

So I gave the musketeer a make over. Captain Jack Sparrow's face is a perfect match for the Musketeer. And likewise for Captain Sparrow.

Brickdoctor: I could angle the blade more downward but then that raises the hilt of the rapier and the Musketeers hand gets in the way. So I would have to raise the hand rather high to accommodate the raised hilt.

img3467e.jpg

Why the secrecy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a Princess Bride quote.

That's a nice, simple change you've done! I'll probably do it myself if I egt my hands on the musketeer.

Brickdoctor: I could angle the blade more downward but then that raises the hilt of the rapier and the Musketeers hand gets in the way. So I would have to raise the hand rather high to accommodate the raised hilt.

I see. Looks good both ways.

Nice upgrade, its dumb that LEGO couldn't have thrown that one piece in with the musketeer :hmpf_bad:

"I know something you do not know"

"Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.

Tell me.

I'm not left-handed either."

:laugh:

Princess Bride is a movie that everyone should watch... good stuff, good stuff...