teddyfrog321

Lego Flintstones

Dear Eurobricks members,

i write to you today because i have seen an idea on lego ideas, that is not getting the support it deserves. This project is called Fred Flintstone's car. it is a great project because of two major reasons, the 1st is the build is wonderful, the car looks just like it did in the show, and 2nd the minifigures are phenomenal. this guy npg cole does a fantastic job of turning the flintstones into minifigure form, to the point where they are still recognizable. there is also a welcome to bedrock sign that uses some pieces in different colors. I was very disappointed when lego dimensions gave us that hint of bedrock in the game, and then decided not to give us any flintstones minifigures. i really enjoy the show and would love to get minifigures. below i have posted pictures, and her is a link to the project https://ideas.lego.com/projects/142308

2470477-o_1ajf10j5qhl42r19qq10ra1qeec-full.png2470480-o_1ajf10j5rg14btgl1217lklurd-full.png2470483-o_1ajf10j5r13r54qb1mmu1dg046me-full.png2470486-o_1ajf10j5r3eg1j5t8hfsvl111qf-full.pngThank you for looking :wink:

Thanks for the heads-up, but please use this thread to recommend others projects next time.

Please do not mini-mod. At the same time, thanks for the link.

For the OP, here is the relevant portion of our site guidelines:

LEGO Ideas: If you have a great MOC, that is also a LEGO Ideas project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the Ideas entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the Ideas business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on LEGO Ideas', rather than: 'I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!.

In addition, this being an adult-oriented site we require that everyone use proper punctuation, spelling, and capitalization to the best of their ability. Please edit your post to make it about the MOC and correct your typing. I will then go ahead and edit the title to reflect that it is about a MOC and not an Ideas plug. Thanks.

For the OP, here is the relevant portion of our site guidelines:

That still applies even if it's about someone else's Ideas project and not one's own? The wording of the rule suggested otherwise to me.

That still applies even if it's about someone else's Ideas project and not one's own? The wording of the rule suggested otherwise to me.

You're right that it's a grey area. The goal of the guideline is to ensure that EB doesn't become a billboard for Ideas projects, and this first post with its title is still very much an Ideas plug, albeit not for the member's own project. This sort of thing is better suited for the topic Exetrius posted above, and I could just move it there. If it's to remain here, I stand by this needing to be focused on the MOC and not on supporting an Ideas project (which only spawns the comments 'cool, supported' - basically no substantive discussion).

You're right that it's a grey area. The goal of the guideline is to ensure that EB doesn't become a billboard for Ideas projects, and this first post with its title is still very much an Ideas plug, albeit not for the member's own project. This sort of thing is better suited for the topic Exetrius posted above, and I could just move it there. If it's to remain here, I stand by this needing to be focused on the MOC and not on supporting an Ideas project (which only spawns the comments 'cool, supported' - basically no substantive discussion).

I certainly understand the desire not to have the forums swamped with pleas for supports for Ideas projects, but I can't help but think there's room for a little more slack than is given now... though I suppose that would be better discussed and debated in the forums devoted to forum operations.

That said (and I hope you'll forgive all my questioning; I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything, I promise), I'm wondering whether that linked thread specifically for Ideas promotion is the best place for all Ideas promotion - after all, it's in the Town forum. Granted, Bedrock fits under "town", I guess, but...

(What if each of the forums devoted to specific themes had its own dedicated thread specifically for Ideas promotion?)

As a fellow (scots)canadian, you have my vote for this wonderful and nostalgic idea, Cole"

Edited by r5-j2