just2good

Ghostbusters (Reboot) 2016 sets rumors and discussion

I just stumbled upon this, from two days ago:

Mattel has signed a deal to be the global master toy licensee for next year’s Ghostbusters reboot, set to hit screens in July 2016 with an all-female team, and Sony Pictures has shed some light on the slate of

planned products, spanning blind bags, board games and action figures.

“Mattel has developed a really broad line of products,” Sony’s Mark Caplan told ToyNews.

“We’re going after collectors with blind bag figures at a very reasonable price point. In each figure pack there’s a piece of a particular character, so if a consumer buys all four, they can assemble a separate ghost. "Mattel is also doing a board game and six-inch figures of both the classic Ghostbusters and the brand new movie. The firm is developing a new Eco-1 and the collectable characters can fit into the car. Mattel is also creating the Proton Pack. What kid would not want to throw that on?

“Alongside Mattel, we have LEGO on board, Funko doing Pop! Vinyl and Rubie’s is making costumes. It’s expansive. We have something for everyone, whether you’re a collector or an everyday toy buyer.”

There you go, folks.

12650813_10153461441958403_4836207692390413193_n.jpg?oh=19c31632e83e6ccd3cbce54b1cf3b9d0&oe=573D6826

12661921_10153461441908403_6978831127591820025_n.jpg?oh=9b4cb819fa6ee39c9cdacc2b7ebac625&oe=573FE21A

12669617_10153461442573403_7798258579578644820_n.jpg?oh=afd9555bafd2759b9a4c250bd0045035&oe=576B71DF

Edited by Captain Nemo

Oh christ...

Chinese Headquarters playset! Meghan McCarthy minifigure with unfunny speech bubble accessory! :ugh:

Edited by CM4Sci

Oh christ...

Chinese Headquarters playset! Meghan McCarthy minifigure with fat roll piece and unfunny speech bubble accessory! :ugh:

Woah...It's Melissa McCarthy for one, and she's a nice lady. That was uncalled for.

Woah...It's Melissa McCarthy for one, and she's a nice lady. That was uncalled for.

I don't like her or her movies. Opinions! :sweet:

The sets better look good.

Can't believe LEGO got the license for this

That film will be terrible

Oh christ...

Chinese Headquarters playset! Meghan McCarthy minifigure with fat roll piece and unfunny speech bubble accessory! :ugh:

Why are you guys already criticizing about the movie? We haven't seen a trailer or anything other than pictures. Dan Aykroyd said it may be funnier than the original. We'll never know until we see the full movie. I understand everybody has their opinion. I enjoy criticism but not when you haven't even seen the movie. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by legonerd54321

I think it's sad that the cast consists of unfunny people, to me, anyways. Similar to the original, actually. I don't think they were very funny either.

Anyways...sets. Yay. I wonder if because of the all-female cast, LEGO will see that as a "girly" theme and do minidolls? That would be funny.

Sounds great! A small part of me os wishing they did some originals along side this theme but I guess some is better than none.

Sooo.... we can probably just sit back and wait for the posts claiming Lego stole the idea for the new Ecto-whatever from Ideas then. :hmpf_bad:

Otherwise, cool that a Ghostbusters theme is happening, hope we will get some nice sets and some nice figs. This is a perfect theme to give us some more diversity in licensed style female characters. :thumbup:

Not too excited about the movie itself since the casting leads me to believe it will be a style of comedy that does not appeal to me at all.

Like many others, I'm not too excited about the reboot, but not because of the cast. I don't really even know who is in it. I don't mind Melissa McCarthy in some of her roles, but she doesn't make me go see movies. But anyway, I just don't care for most reboots. Why not start fresh with something?

With that said, maybe the sets will be cool. I'll wait and see how it goes. I always welcome new molds/prints or neat builds.

But someone above said they'd hope for original sets alongside this theme...I'm pretty sure that is THE reason we are getting the HQ on such a large scale, because smaller sets wouldn't be as iconic and they could play around with the new movie a bit more on a smaller price range.

Can't believe LEGO got the license for this

That film will be terrible

Says who? It hasn't come out yet.

Oh christ...

Chinese Headquarters playset! Meghan McCarthy minifigure with unfunny speech bubble accessory! :ugh:

I actually think that's hugely offensive not only to Melissa McCarthy but to fat people in general.

Oh, so Lego is doing this after all! Was it my blunder in the other thread that helped make this discovery? (Got to read more carefully...) :blush:

As for the actual sets...well we haven't gotten a trailer yet but so far I am not liking what I see. I'll save further judgement until more info about the reboot comes out.

EDIT: It's highly unlikely since we're already getting a D2C, but please Lego please go the route of Indy, POTC, and LOTR and give us a wave based on the original films!

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

EDIT: It's highly unlikely since we're already getting a D2C, but please Lego please go the route of Indy, POTC, and LOTR and give us a wave based on the original films!

"Highly unlikely"? Maybe in terms of a whole "wave", but between the extant Ideas set, the D2C and the three LEGO Dimensions packs, we are getting five sets that we know about, which between them arguably already cover the two movies roughly as well as the earlier movies in those other franchises (if not more so, in fact - just the stuff that we already know about totals $460 worth of sets for the Ghostbusters theme so far). I think it's kind of amazing how much stuff we are getting, actually. There aren't as many significant "gaps" in what they have for Ghostbusters as there are for some of those others, I think.

(But that said, I'd welcome more, too!)

Edited by Blondie-Wan

So, will we get a Ghostbusters game after LEGO Marvel's Avengers to tie in with the movie like LEGO Jurassic World?

Edited by Ordinareo

So, will we get a Ghostbusters game after LEGO Marvel's Avengers to tie in with the movie like LEGO Jurassic World?

Given that Ghostbusters is already in Dimensions, I find it unlikely, especially since we don't even know that the new Ghostbusters will be supported with a full line of sets. It might just get a couple sets, or even a single one. I believe the next LEGO game is rumored to be a new Star Wars one.

Given that Ghostbusters is already in Dimensions, I find it unlikely, especially since we don't even know that the new Ghostbusters will be supported with a full line of sets. It might just get a couple sets, or even a single one. I believe the next LEGO game is rumored to be a new Star Wars one.

If it is a Star Wars one and based on Rebels i am in!

Edited by Ordinareo

Nah, I think we'll get a Doctor Who one first. Traveller's Tales have already said that the plan is to make one in DWM.

I'm over the moon with this news, hopefully a trailer will be released for the new Ghostbusters very soon (that way we can all save our presumptions and misconceptions). If Lego are to make the Chinese Headquarters I think that they could pull it off well if done in the style of the Firehouse size wise; my guess is that one of the pieces that will become non exclusive is the Chinese takeaway box piece from the Big Bang Theory set. :classic:

I'm over the moon with this news, hopefully a trailer will be released for the new Ghostbusters very soon (that way we can all save our presumptions and misconceptions). If Lego are to make the Chinese Headquarters I think that they could pull it off well if done in the style of the Firehouse size wise; my guess is that one of the pieces that will become non exclusive is the Chinese takeaway box piece from the Big Bang Theory set. :classic:

I think they should have released the trailer on Halloween. Missed out on an ideal opportunity there.

"Highly unlikely"? Maybe in terms of a whole "wave", but between the extant Ideas set, the D2C and the three LEGO Dimensions packs, we are getting five sets that we know about, which between them arguably already cover the two movies roughly as well as the earlier movies in those other franchises (if not more so, in fact - just the stuff that we already know about totals $460 worth of sets for the Ghostbusters theme so far). I think it's kind of amazing how much stuff we are getting, actually. There aren't as many significant "gaps" in what they have for Ghostbusters as there are for some of those others, I think.

(But that said, I'd welcome more, too!)

Oh, I know. We're getting way more GB stuff than I thought we would get, it's amazing! And now that I think about it, there aren't many smaller or medium sized sets they could do. (Ecto-1a, Stay Puft, ballroom with Slimer, and the interior of the museum are all I can think of that aren't buildings.)

How do we know that the reference to Lego in that article is not just about the HQ and the Dimensions sets, but about a new line?