Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Henrys Announcement Topic

8505519882_d72a0287c6.jpg

20277676034_2588b00a4e_t.jpg

"Hello Heroica RPG! It is good to be back after all these years. Have we got a show for you, bigger and better than ever before! In two weeks we are proud to present the 2nd quasi-annual Henrys! A night filled with fun, excitement, and appreciation for all those who have participated in this game over the years. We promise you celebrity hosts, special guests, in game awards, touching tributes, comedy, tragedy, special effects, and a guarantee that our program will be Wanye Kest free!"

20900545465_ecf3fa6112_t.jpg

"This year's nomination categories are!"

Player Group

Best Role-player

Best Strategist

Best PC Figure

Most Original Character

Most Badass Character

Most Humorous Character

Most Optimized Character

Most Likely Character to become a Veteran

Most Powerful Relationship (Romantic, PC's or NPC's)

Most Powerful Relationship (Antagonistic, PC's or NPC's)

Most Powerful Relationship (Platonic, PC's, or NPC's)

Most Memorable Party

Most Humorous Moment

Most Sad Moment

Most WTF Moment

Most Memorable Moment

QM Group

Best Scenery/Photography

Best NPC Figure

Best Game Mechanic

Best Battle

Best Item

Best Friendly NPC

Best Villainous NPC

Best Plot Twist

Best Single Quest

Best Story Arc

20277676034_2588b00a4e_t.jpg

"We hope to hear from all of you soon and want to thank you for making the past few years such a wonderful experience! See you in two weeks!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please send in your nominations for each category by PM to Waterbrick Down by no later than 9/2. Use this thread for any further questions concerning the Henrys or simply to reminisce.

FAQ:

Am I allowed to vote for myself? Yes

Are the relationship categories restricted to PC's? No, they can include any combination of PC's and/or NPC's

What Quests/Events/Characters/Etc. are considered eligible? All events proceeding and including Quest 56 are eligible

Can I vote for the same character in multiple categories? Yes

Do I need to vote for every category? No, but there's plenty of time to go back and catch up on old quests

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Seriously, reminisce! I need some help remembering some of these things. :blush:

Seriously, reminisce! I need some help remembering some of these things. :blush:

Yeah, really. Keeping up with one year of Heroica was (relatively) easy, but it's been four now. :wacko::laugh:

I'm afraid of missing some moments. I can only think of really recent ones. Heartbreaking... Jules' death? WBD's little girl's death (I'll admit, even that someone reminded me of relatively recently). What about the dragon dude from the hotel quest of WBD's? I was also sad when half the Fearsome Four died for no reason. And I still get sad reading the reaction to the end of 53 - it wasn't the quest, it was the way the characters reacted to it. :cry_sad:

A relevant question:

Regarding the Henrys, can you vote for your own character in a category? There's this certain powerful antagonistic relationship my character has that I wish to vote for :poke: .

You are free to shamelessly vote for yourself in any and all categories! :laugh:

And I still get sad reading the reaction to the end of 53 - it wasn't the quest, it was the way the characters reacted to it. :cry_sad:

I always wonder how much of that Atramor was personally responsible for. If he was anything but a Witch... :look:

In terms of deaths that could've been prevented, anyway.

You are free to shamelessly vote for yourself in any and all categories! :laugh:

Eric will now vote 'Eric' in every category, because Eric. :grin:

J/K. But seriously, these are really hard Henrys to give away. I've been looking over the categories for some time now and there's just some much that pops into my head and I'm probably even forgetting half the other stuff :laugh: .

I'm finding it really hard to remember any PC-PC romances, out of Alexis - Arthur / Althior and Jess - Haldor. :look:

The rest of the categories however, I'm stuck for choice.. :grin:

A relevant question:

Well I didn't vote for myself in all categories... :laugh: But I admit I may have been slightly biased by the quests I've been on. :shrug_confused: The emotional attachment of a couple months each kind of makes them stand out more in your mind...

I'm finding it really hard to remember any PC-PC romances, out of Alexis - Arthur / Althior and Jess - Haldor. :look:

Atramor and Ellaria (if that kinda counts? I'm not really sure there)

Guts and Nerwen

Heckz and a mirror

Lannie. Vote Lannie. Best romance-in-progression.

Heckz and a mirror

:laugh::thumbup:

Darn it, can we vote for two romances? That one is too funny not to list... :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Atramor and Ellaria (if that kinda counts? I'm not really sure there)

Guts and Nerwen

Heckz and a mirror

Annienal and her raw, unbridled passion for the one true love in her life: books.

Alternatively, Vindsval.

Heckz and a mirror

:roflmao::iamded_lol::thumbup:

Then again, I'll vote Eric - Peri unless I get gold :devil:

But I admit I may have been slightly biased by the quests I've been on. :shrug_confused: The emotional attachment of a couple months each kind of makes them stand out more in your mind...

I'm finding it hard not to vote Sandy as someone who's been on his quests for over a year... :look::grin:

EDIT:

Lannie. Vote Lannie. Best romance-in-progression.

Annienal and her raw, unbridled passion for the one true love in her life: books.

Denied.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

The relationship category is open to any combination of PC's and/or NPC's. I've added an FAQ to keep all these things straight.

Two questions: Is this for everything that happened since the last Henry's, or is this a for all time thing? And, what does 8/2 mean?

I love the Henrys, very cool that this is back.

Two questions: Is this for everything that happened since the last Henry's, or is this a for all time thing? And, what does 8/2 mean?

I love the Henrys, very cool that this is back.

8/2 was a typo, it should read 9/2 as in September 2nd. All quests proceeding the last Henrys, so Quest 56 and on are eligible.

8/2 was a typo, it should read 9/2 as in September 2nd. All quests proceeding the last Henrys, so Quest 56 and on are eligible.

Ah! I was thinking February, and thought that was kind of a big window. :blush: Thanks!

Sweet. :sweet:

Can we nominate multiple people for the same category?

Really?? I was under the impression we had thought to do them cumulatively. :blush:

Really?? I was under the impression we had thought to do them cumulatively. :blush:

I kinda like it better this way. If there was one great moment pre-Quest 56 it would be pointless for it to win the exact same category again. :tongue:

Is it possible to not vote on a category when you just can't come up with anything to vote?

Heckz and a mirror

*seal of approval*

Edited by Cutcobra

Sweet. :sweet:

Can we nominate multiple people for the same category?

Yes.

Is it possible to not vote on a category when you just can't come up with anything to vote?

Yes, but you have a full week to get your votes in, so feel free to hold off and do some reading or discussing if you wish.

Wish I could participate, but I don't read too many other quests besides the ones I participate in. Good Luck!

Wish I could participate, but I don't read too many other quests besides the ones I participate in. Good Luck!

You're allowed to vote based on those ones. :classic: