Sign in to follow this  
Solitary Dark

Winter Village - Climbing Guesthouse

indexed.gif B-OV-22D

Here is my Entry - I love the Winter Village range and have put my own spin on the series.

In North Wales there are many places to go to climb and hike, and lots of friendly hostels to stay while you do so - many of them have their own Climbing walls - So I have built a version of my favourite:

6694191469_111920e65b.jpg

Outdoor Sports Centre by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

6694191459_90beb7907f.jpg

Guesthouse by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

6694191455_e82f3ca6d3.jpg

Climbing Wall by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

6694191447_e4292c153e.jpg

Bridge by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

6699781241_0d98ce121f.jpg

Interior by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

Being a Hostel you will have a bunkbed - and everyone wants the topbunk!

You can find such places all around Snowdonia - what better place for the Winter Village - (And it also looks amazing in the Snow)

I have not counted my bricks exactly, but have 7 minifigs and around 800 parts, and I may have to make this a permanent display on a beseplate, just so I can finish the river and put a Kayak on it!

I hope you enjoy!

Edited by Phred

That's a nice guesthouse. I like how you used different shades of grey and combined bricks and round parts to make it look more textured. The climbing wall is a nice addition, however it does look a bit dangerous. The climber sure looks experienced, but he should be wearing a safety helmet at least, shouldn't he?

Nice guest house and cool rock climbing section there 'Solitary Dark'.....though, yes I too feel the same about that climber...no safety gear ! :devil:

Anyway, excellent designing 'Solitary Dark' and Brick On in the snow ! :classic:

That's a nice guesthouse. I like how you used different shades of grey and combined bricks and round parts to make it look more textured. The climbing wall is a nice addition, however it does look a bit dangerous. The climber sure looks experienced, but he should be wearing a safety helmet at least, shouldn't he?

I used to free climb wall's like that all the time - no helmet or harness - although some helmet's have been provided and there are holds on the wall to attach ropes to.

Maybe I will do another picture with a 'Safe' climber!

Nice guest house and cool rock climbing section there 'Solitary Dark'.....though, yes I too feel the same about that climber...no safety gear ! :devil:

Anyway, excellent designing 'Solitary Dark' and Brick On in the snow ! :classic:

Thanks, - see my other reply 'tiger - In my prime I would have climbed a wall like that in less than 3 minutes with no gear - not any more though! Brick on!

Edited by Solitary Dark

All three parts of your entry are very well designed, the idea is good, and you've chosen the colours well. I think I'd probably add another window to the bay window, so that the extended part is four-wide instead of two - that way it would look more consistant with the floor above it.

But is there no interior? That's a bit disappointing, as all the official Winter Village buildings have interiors.

Oh, and how did she manage to get out onto the balcony? :)

I like the idea behind this - the function is really clear. The snow seems to be melting, too ;-)

Doink

All three parts of your entry are very well designed, the idea is good, and you've chosen the colours well. I think I'd probably add another window to the bay window, so that the extended part is four-wide instead of two - that way it would look more consistant with the floor above it.

But is there no interior? That's a bit disappointing, as all the official Winter Village buildings have interiors.

Oh, and how did she manage to get out onto the balcony? :)

The View of the Interior, and how she gets out on the balcony will follow shortly - I did not get the pictures done this morning...

The View of the Interior, and how she gets out on the balcony will follow shortly - I did not get the pictures done this morning...

Nice. I'm sure it will be even better then!

Excellent entry! I like the wall and bridge, but I love that building! The bay window and the balcony are especially nice. Good luck! :thumbup:

Nice. I'm sure it will be even better then!

I've added the shot to the first post - You'll see the windows open up to allow gusest to walk out onto the Balcony - Not good for the heating bill in winter, but great in the summer!

I've added the shot to the first post - You'll see the windows open up to allow gusest to walk out onto the Balcony - Not good for the heating bill in winter, but great in the summer!

I like it - that's a clever solution. Didn't see that coming! The bunk bed is also a nice addition.

Wow! What a cool winter cottage/hostel in the countryside. Love the snow melting off the roof.

This looks like a fun place to stay and hike a bit. Wonderful job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: