kurigan

My Outpost

[pid][/pid] 206C

I’ve been working to build a network of fortifications to defend my fantasy harbor. This is a centrally placed battery that occurs at the end of a mole which divides the bay into two harbors; an inner and an outer. The last rendition of this post was a simple tower, meant to look run down with a field piece for artillery.

IMG_0767.jpg

More images here.

This newer version, recently completed, is a much different structure. The tower is intended to have been a much older structure than the gun wall. The battery was added some time after the tower was built by a conquering nation, whose victory was possible due to the lacking in the original structure. I angled the wall in an attempt to make the structure look more up to date, but I’m not sure it works the way I wanted it to.

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

I like the design it looks like a nice little fort, one question where did you get that tricorn from, it looks really cool

I like the design it looks like a nice little fort, one question where did you get that tricorn from, it looks really cool

Thanks! All three of the black hats pictures were hand made from card stock (recycled cereal boxes). I customize a lot of my figures to make sailors and officers with hats like that and torso designs. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a descent bi-corner from card stock though. I've though about posting them here but I figured they be sent over to the mini fig customization forum anyway.

Well if you ever do post up how to make them (which would be awesome :pir_laugh2: ) could you send me a message so I won't miss out as I never think to check the custom forum, they look really good I am impressed.

Well if you ever do post up how to make them (which would be awesome :pir_laugh2: ) could you send me a message so I won't miss out as I never think to check the custom forum, they look really good I am impressed.

Yeah, learning how to make those would be great! Awesome forts! :thumbup:

Ask and Ye shall receive.

Hat Tutorial

Instructions are in the descriptions

If you choose to view the album as a slide show, some of the text will be unclear. I do not know the cause of this. It's likely best to view the images individually.

Thank you very much thats a very detailed tutorial, when I get back from my sisters I will be having a crack at that (and probably cutting myself on the knife whilst I'm at it :pir_laugh2: )