Sign in to follow this  
Scorpiox

Scorpiox's AAV

My entry for the EB contest: Character rides. This entry is for the Personal vehicle catagory. :classic:

My first MOC on EB also

Prepare for an epic: :laugh:

Scorpiox was born on the barren planet Gamma tolke 7 to a tribe of nomadic hunter Orkians. He was raised on the dunes hunting for his food and selling hides to foolish traders. He lived a simple life untill his 17 birthday when a strange ship landed on the dune sea. The Orkians were also reveared mechanics and could fix almost anything, but any attempt to try and trick them would result in a blaster bolt in the back. The ship was carrying a Jedi and his apprentice on a mission to coruscant, all had gone well until a solar flare had crippled the ship's engines. The jedi were wandering aimlessly in the desert until they stumbled across the Orkian hunters. They promised to fix the ship in return for a route off the lifeless rock they had been stuck on all their lives. It took many days to fix the ship but finaly the nomads were free!

During the flight the Jedi studied Scorpiox's elder brother, and decided he were fit to be trained in the arts of the jedi. Scorpiox pleaded to be trained too but he was turned away. Scorpiox devoted the rest of his life to hunting down the Jedi who had rejected him. He never found the apprentice again but managed to mount the Jedi Knights's head on a spike, he still stalks jedi in the hope of finding the apprentice. The apprentice's name was Mace Windu, now a member of the jedi council and a master. He is happy to do any assasination bounties, using his hunting skills, but especialy looks out for those about jedi.

Scorpiox carries his hunting spear and an Arkanian heavy pistol. He is clad in hides and furs and wears a hat. He bought his AAV on Manaan after persuading a drunken mechanic to build it for him, the mechanic recieved a few credits and some stab wounds in return for it.

Without further ado I present Scorpiox and his AAV!

1.jpg

12.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Brickshelf folder

C&C welcome but this is my first EB MOC so be gentle, and I know my camera skills need work.

Edited by Scorpiox

In order to deeplink brickshelf pics, you need to click the picture and then copy the URL.

Follow the link in my signature to the tutorial index.

Nice entry. I like the basic shape of the vehicle, but can't see the details from the pictures. I cant tell what the figure looks like, besides his hat, and some kind of custom cape. Also resize your pictures! It took forever to load, and its over the contests max size.

Nice job :thumbup:

No matter.

Since Scorpiox joined later than allowed to enter the contest, this entry will be disqualified.

I can move it to the regular Star Wars Forum as a normal MOC, but that would still require a resizing of the pics.

I'll leave them for now, but if they're not changed to 800x600 pixels max within 24 hours, I'll have to remove them.

Better luck next time, 'cause there certainly will be one :classic:

Holy giant blurry images Batman this looks like the work of the evil… *huh*

I posted this beforre closing time thank you very much! :hmpf_bad:

The contest closed at 21:00 CET, that's 7'o clock for me. This was posted with 14 minutes to spare!

I would also prefer it (Rook :angry:!) if some people actually even MENTIONED my MOC, I spent a lot of time on this, at least tell me if it is any good.

The pictures are resized.

Edited by Scorpiox

I quite like it Scorpiox, some of the pics are a little blurry which is a shame, but its got a nice feel to it. The bounty hunter looks good to (from what I can see of him).

As said, you joined EB too late to qualify your entry.

General Rules:

• Entrants must have joined before 14th of April 2011.

As said, you joined EB too late to qualify your entry.

Kim, he joined in March, not May. :laugh:

The pictures are quite blurry, but from what I can tell, it looks nice.

Scorpiox, I cant say if the build it good or not. However your photography really needs work. The angles you have chosen are orthographic. Side, top, front views are very vague. Try a higher angle other than just straight on and rotate the model a few degrees. Usually this is referred to as a 3/4 shot. It will provide the viewer with more information and not have to mentally piece two pictures together to get a 3/4 shot and will help make your model more readable.

Also try to use a larger piece of paper. You really only need one. Anything will do. Gift Wrapping paper, just unroll it and flip it over to the white side. Go to an art store and pick up a $2 piece of cardboard. You can even use an old poster.

I assume you are using a digital camera? Or cellphone? The beauty of digital phototaking is instant results. If you take a picture and it is blurry, take it again. Try to set the focus correctly. If you are using a cellphone then adjusting the focus gets difficult and usually they dont focus well when you get too close.

Jeez :blush:

March no May - my bad :laugh:

I'll add this then, eventhough it's a bit blurry.

I posted this before closing time thank you very much! :hmpf_bad:

The contest closed at 21:00 CET, that's 7'o clock for me. This was posted with 14 minutes to spare!

I would also prefer it (Rook :angry:!) if some people actually even MENTIONED my MOC, I spent a lot of time on this, at least tell me if it is any good.

The pictures are resized.

Ah actually I did. My comments where cleverly disguised as joke or a razz. My comments broke down like this:

1. Reshoot your pictures so that they are clear. Aka read your users manual for your camera and learn how to us the Marco setting (flower symbol).

2. Then using a photo hosting site or photo image editing software resize your images.

3. After completing those tasks we'll be able to give you better feedback on the actual construction and design. :thumbup:

PS: Use a better background (posterboard from dollar store) or edit out your personal life slipping through the cracks using photo editing software. :wink:

PSS: Looks your minifigure is going to be pretty cool once we see him.

Edited by Rook

Looks good but the pictures are out of focus which makes it hard to see. The story is also good along with your creation. The only downside is the photo quality with it being blurry and out of focus.