91 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Lego didn't hit the broad side of a barn
    • 2 - Bad year for the crops
    • 3 - Average Acre
    • 4 - Forget Disneyland, I'm going to Green Acres
    • 5 - Farm-fastic!

Thanks for that fine and interesting review, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

A great new theme and a very neat and playable set indeed, simply lovely!

I really hope that we´ll see a sweet little farm house with a nice wheatfield

in another wave of sets... :wub:

Thank you Brickster for the previews. I would say this set looks very COOL!! I look forward to the rest of your review as well. I did cringe when I saw the price. I am confused why the prices are so much more this year for less parts. I figured TLC would find other ways to cut back costs instead of raising prices to compensate. Thank you again for the pics. They look great.

Model On!!

Sorry Erds - it's up now and its $USD89.99.

Soon as I saw that I headed to S&H and sure enough there they were. So I just had to grab one of each! :)

All: You're very welcome. I really enjoyed sharing the review. It's also great to read your thoughts and opinions of this set. I think if you don't consider the price, you'll have more appreciation for the set.

I got the official greek Lego catalogue a week ago and I have noticed something. In the pages where the Farm theme is displayed, there is -as usual- a display of all the sets combined together. I was :cry_happy: when i saw two minifigs with the classic era face pattern.

Has anybody seen this in their country's catalogues? (Sorry if this was off-topic but I was in a nostalgic mood. :blush: )

That reminds me (I'm glad you mentioned this): I almost forgot to share this great little scene pictured in the large instruction booklet. I love when Lego takes time to build/display scenes like this. They remind me of the old classic Lego catalogues:

53book.jpg

Sorry Erds - it's up now and its $USD89.99.

I'll survive. :grin:

I'm looking forward to picking up this set along with all of the other farm ones. It looks like they work beautifully together.

Funny, i was driving in downtown Spokane and I saw a tractor with dual rear whels and a front end loader (used to remove snow, I'm guessing). Made me smile and think of this set. While most of you have voiced desires for a farmhouse, my wish is for more farm accessories for the tractor. A hay baler , a disc, and a plow would be nice in addition to the aforementioned manure spreader. :) The last link shows some good clear pics of a 3 point hitch, and the PTO shaft. If you scroll down, there's a tractor with 3 wheels mounted on each side. That said, I'd love an 8 wheeled heavy duty farm tractor with split middle steering, similar to the front end loader set, but with attachments for farm equipment, maybe in green (a nice wink to John Deere). http://www.harvestsalvage.ca/8850_John_Deere_Tractor.JPG

http://jddealer.deere.com/sunsouth/DealerF...undBaler449.jpg

http://infinitymfg.com/images/main%20image...isc_harrows.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...en%26safe%3Doff

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...en%26safe%3Doff

Edited by M'Kyuun

While most of you have voiced desires for a farmhouse, my wish is for more farm accessories for the tractor. A hay baler , a disc, and a plow would be nice in addition to the aforementioned manure spreader. :)

Yes: While I like the idea of a farm house, I had mentioned a plow above. Some additional accessoriess, llike the ones you mentioned), would be an interesting addition. I suppose we need to get busy and create some MOCs for the tractor to pull.

On a side note, that would make a fun contest (Create Something a Tractor Could Pull Contest) - it could just about be anything, and one wouldn't even need a tractor.

That said, I'd love an 8 wheeled heavy duty farm tractor with split middle steering

I just finished building that exact same thing. Needed something to do while I wait for the farm sets to be released. Still has some tweaking to do, more lights, cab rework. Other than that it is all set to mesh in with the new farm sets.

That reminds me (I'm glad you mentioned this): I almost forgot to share this great little scene pictured in the large instruction booklet.

53book.jpg

That's the picture I was talking about! The minifigs I was refering to, are the one in the barn in front of the window/opening above the tractor and the other one sitting on a bench under the umbrella on the left upper side of the picture. Thanks for sharing TheBrickster!

I love when Lego takes time to build/display scenes like this. They remind me of the old classic Lego catalogues.

:thumbup::cry_happy::blush:

Thanks for the review, which is very great! :thumbup:

If you decide to take this farm, probably you could forget about 7634.

The other thing is, I really wish TLG had thrown in this:

4496.jpg

Can you imagine the farmers doing some real farming without this???

Edited by Alywin

The other thing is, I really wish TLG had thrown in this:

4496.jpg

Can you imagine the farmers doing some real farming without this???

Definately a missing part in this set. Does the new Medieval Market have one? I need to look. Perhaps we'll see it resurface in a future Farm set.

Thanks for the great review. I always wished when I was younger that LEGO would make a farm theme. Now I may have to get this set. I probably like the little yellow vehicle and the stable the best.

For me, this is the most dissapointing set this year. I mean, the slope bricks below the roof, they would once have been 10 pieces instead of 1 big piece. I find there are far too many large, non-reusable pieces in this set for its price. So this is a LEGO set that I will NOT be purchasing. Although those cows and I may have a bricklink date...

Excellent review.

This is on my list of "must buys" this year. Other mentioned some good ideas that should have gone into the set but the playability the set does bring will justify the price. At least for me.

Great job getting the detail picutres in there. The tractor and lawn mower look very well designed.

A few more figs, maybe a child or two, would have been nice but I guess we can't have everything :classic:

Nice review. But can anyone tell me what those pieces used at the end of the roof pieces/gutters are? They look like the common 1-wide with the "T" end, but longer. :sceptic:

I always wished when I was younger that LEGO would make a farm theme.

I probably like the little yellow vehicle and the stable the best.

Farm would have made a great classic theme, but it's never to late to enjoy the theme.

In regard to the lawn mower, it's just OK for me. But I love the stables.

For me, this is the most dissapointing set this year.

Ouch! I'm pretty critical myself, being a classic town fan, but I think this set is a great set - otherwise, I wouldn't have spend $90 (USD) on it. I actually like it a lot and think it's well done, even with a few large pieces. The large red roof pieces will serve as good parts for future MOCs. The only really large piece(s), aside from these, are the round silo pieces (and I like the new color), and the tan silo/crane pieces. These have been used for crane pieces for a long time.

A few more figs, maybe a child or two, would have been nice but I guess we can't have everything :classic:

Children are missing. I agree with you here.

But can anyone tell me what those pieces used at the end of the roof pieces/gutters are? They look like the common 1-wide with the "T" end, but longer. :sceptic:

Not exactly. I think they are intended to serve as gutters, but these particular pieces are longer. Also pictured are the bottom tips for the silo (that Brickmaster had asked to show):

54pieces.jpg

Well, I'm late, but better that than never I guess. Thanks for the wonderful reivew, Brickster. :thumbup:

Well, considering that this is lego's first farm ever, I think they did a great job. :classic: The stable is nice, the figures and animals are superb, the tractor and lawnmower are very well designed, and there's tons of great pieces. The only thing I'm disapointed about is the barn, but fortunately I've been planning from day one to heavily modify it when I get my hands on the kit. :wink:

The problem is that now I think I'll have to wait until Christmas, as I never expected the price to be this high! :oh3: I was thinking it would be around 60 or 70 dollars, depending on whether you got it online or at the usually overpriced TRU. But NINTY DOLLARS? Man, that is way too high for me right now. :wacko:

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get my hands on this kit eventually.... :tongue:

For me, this is the most dissapointing set this year. I mean, the slope bricks below the roof, they would once have been 10 pieces instead of 1 big piece. I find there are far too many large, non-reusable pieces in this set for its price.

I have to agree with the fact that the big parts bother me. I just bought the farm saturday and think it is great overall... But there are too many huge parts that could be a bulk of smaller parts... This is the CITY line not DUPLO. I understand that LEGO is for kids but the large parts are kind of boring since it is hard to use them for other MOC's... This is the first set I buy this year to have so many large parts.

I am still happy of my purchase since it is a nice addition to the CITY line, something very different from Police, Fire and other Rescue sets.!

Great review! :sweet: I'm no more or less convinced than before though.

Does the new Medieval Market have one?

No! :cry_sad: TLG know it's wanted, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar part soon.

That reminds me (I'm glad you mentioned this): I almost forgot to share this great little scene pictured in the large instruction booklet. I love when Lego takes time to build/display scenes like this. They remind me of the old classic Lego catalogues:

53book.jpg

farmcatalogue.jpg

Intriguingly, in the Aus/ NZ catalogue, the yellow antennas have been deliberately Photoshopped out of this charming bucolic scene. How bizarre! They don't normally Photoshop out brick-built scenery (eg the Construction diorama backdrop is intact) so I can only conclude there is something about yellow antenna pieces TLG would rather us not know.... :look:

I don't think it's immediately obvious from the pics, but this set is a great parts pack. There's lots of nice pieces in rare colours - lots of the white wheel spoke pieces, the red-brown fences and ladder, the tan fedora, the new window in yellow, the new windscreens, the old inverse windscreens in red, the dark red curved panels... even a blue bucket for Sinner! :grin:

I can see why people aren't keen on the red roof tiles but in terms of playability they work wonderfully to allow access to the buildings. The yellow and blue trailer is also a far better build and far stronger and more playable than the Dump Truck version - all using clip hinges and not Technic pieces!

One thing I would have liked to have seen would be the replacement of the 2x3 yellow bricks. Even a similar shape made from 1x2 yellow log bricks would have been a bit more naturalistic. Also, the cat looks a bit weird without the usual Belville print job. The Cat With No Eyes... it will haunt my dreams tonight.

Intriguingly, in the Aus/ NZ catalogue, the yellow antennas have been deliberately Photoshopped out of this charming bucolic scene. How bizarre!

Indeed! :look: That's really odd!

I don't think it's immediately obvious from the pics, but this set is a great parts pack. There's lots of nice pieces in rare colours - lots of the white wheel spoke pieces, the red-brown fences and ladder, the tan fedora, the new window in yellow, the new windscreens, the old inverse windscreens in red, the dark red curved panels... even a blue bucket for Sinner! :grin:

:tongue: One bucket is enough for me! I love this set plenty... but I'm concerned about the price.

(I forgot to say I gave this set a 4...)

Thanks for the pictures, they confirmed my suspicions. Very odd to see this piece turning up in opaque - I know the combine has some in green.

I like that piece, for whatever reason, anyway. :tongue:

i got the Greek catalog yesterday and the sceen with the farm is missing a whole set!

the combine harvester isnt even in the picture.

so it will NOT be available in Greece :hmpf_bad:

A very good Review, excellent photography and enlightening commentary :thumbup:

The cows are really great, I hope we get some new farm animals like Pigs and goats

However I did like the duck/roaster done in the Castle Civilian Set

Also refreshing is TLG deciding to do some civilian sets instead of police/fire :laugh:

Finally, nice use of Indy's Fedora in other themes!!

I love that scene :wub: