Vincent Q

18th Century Mansion

Hello there, I am a new member here. I would like to share with you all this MOC that I made in 2015. It is a 18th century Europe mansion. Hope you all like it.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskrEz2h8

23959671739_499493e13e_c.jpg

23700683753_72583c4a24_c.jpg

24031890560_b6a0d9d42b_c.jpg

23700796793_4b4885d493_z.jpg

23700790343_90da3781dc_z.jpg

23699362004_ca79c5b207_z.jpg

20098694495_5437f29e2b_z.jpg

19910602688_36b7cec263_b.jpg

Edited by Vincent Q
added more images to first post.

Absolutly awsume. I love the furnioture, the house and most of the other stuff. Really good!pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you Matthias. I have transformed this mansion into winter theme. I will try to upload it on tomorrow. Check it out friend.

Nice mansion and great way to introduce yourself. :thumbup:

FYI:

You'll want to use the BBCode that Flickr provides when sharing images instead of attaching images to your posts.

And MOCs go in the Pirate MOC Forum. :pir-wink:

Vincent, that's a beautiful mansion, and it was posted as a flickr find by Mr. Townsend on Oct. 22 last year. Now that you've came along I hope you'll deeplink lots of good pics for us - because this is a superb creation. Welcome to Eurobricks and happy building!

EDIT: Sir Phred... this IS the MOC forum!

Edited by Captain Dee

EDIT: Sir Phred... this IS the MOC forum!

I had moved this topic into the correct forum. :pir-tongue:

There are a lot of great images of this MOC. Vincent Q, you should add these to your first post (or I could). :pir-wub:

23700683753_72583c4a24_c.jpg

24031890560_b6a0d9d42b_c.jpg

23700796793_4b4885d493_z.jpg

23700790343_90da3781dc_z.jpg

23699362004_ca79c5b207_z.jpg

20098694495_5437f29e2b_z.jpg

I like it! I like everything about it. Good over all design. Nothing not quite 18th century about it. Forgive me if i admit it makes me think of Pride and Prejudice. The doily as a carpet is brilliant. I love clever inclusion of non Lego parts just like that. Couple of questions though. For one, is it open or does it come apart for access inside? And how did you construct that stool with Will Turner hair? Thanks so much for sharing her. IMHO we just don't see enough of the gentler side of age-of-sail culture here in the pirates forum.

Oops... sorry Phred, I stand corrected on the post location. Missing a whole day of new material due to attending two funerals has that effect.

Back to the house: gorgeous interior details, Vincent! I love that colorscheme and the scale is impressive. Very well done.

The mansion is worthy of a Caribbian governor! Such a skillful builder!!! A piece of art with unusual building techniques. It looks very realistic. Add a few more pictures of the mansion from different angles.

I like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas and lots of details in one set.

Sir Phred, i just joined here few days ago. Thought only can upload one picture per post. @@''''''. Will try to learn more in future. Thank you for uploading more of my Moc here. Really appreciate that.

Captain Dee, thank you. Thank Mr.townsend too, for opening a forum about my MOC here. I was more focus on facebook. Looking forward ro share more of my Moc here in future.

Kurigan, this mansion can be divided to four parts. Ground floor; 1st floor, second dtand alone floor and roofs. Sometimes i will unbrick certain wall just to take a good shots.

Blackdeathgr, thank you.

Cousarmy0001, thank you for loving my carriage, will try to upload more photo on thr carriage in the future.

Thank you everyone.

Thought only can upload one picture per post. @@''''''. Will try to learn more in future..

When looking at a picture in Flickr, there's a curved arrow on the bottom right of the window. Click on that, then copy and paste the BBCode to your forum post here, and when you post, it will show the full size picture, like Phred did. You may want to do a post preview, though, because Flickr likes to add stuff to their code that just clutters up your post. If you do a preview, you can trim that stuff out.

Sir Phred, i just joined here few days ago. Thought only can upload one picture per post. @@''''''. Will try to learn more in future. Thank you for uploading more of my Moc here. Really appreciate that.

I took the liberty of adding those images to your first post. :pir-grin:

In the EB FAQ, there is a Flickr Tutorial that has been posted. :thumbup:

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM.

The more I look at these pictures, the more I'm impressed by the details in here. I'm particularly impressed by the furniture, seeing you use pieces for things I never would have thought of, like using the upside down chairs to support the table in the picture with the grandfather clock.

I'm curious about the keys on the piano, also. Are they #2412 radiator grilles?

Thank you Cousarmy0001.

When looking at a picture in Flickr, there's a curved arrow on the bottom right of the window. Click on that, then copy and paste the BBCode to your forum post here, and when you post, it will show the full size picture, like Phred did. You may want to do a post preview, though, because Flickr likes to add stuff to their code that just clutters up your post. If you do a preview, you can trim that stuff out.

The more I look at these pictures, the more I'm impressed by the details in here. I'm particularly impressed by the furniture, seeing you use pieces for things I never would have thought of, like using the upside down chairs to support the table in the picture with the grandfather clock.

Thank you brother, will check it out.

Hello there, the piano is the only furniture that i follow lego official bricking method. You can find this piano in LEGO Friends series set 41101. I have did some modification on it to make it looks ages. Thank you.

Woooooooooooow. This is incredible! The scope of this project boggles my mind. I especially love the landscaping - your cobblestones are outstanding.

What a gorgeous mansion.

The building itself is looking stunning. As does the interior.

And the whole yard in front of it just add to the lovliness of this whole MOC.

Very good job on this indeed.

Love it ! :wub:

I'm sending you a standing ovation across the interwebs - this is fantastic! The kind of build I could spend hours looking at. Inspirational stuff! I especially love the furniture.

The MOC is absolutely marvelous and brilliantly detailed, and it gives a grand feeling just looking at it. Hope to see even more great builds from you in the future!

Edited by Admiral Admirable

Wow, the intricate exterior of the building alone would make this model stand out, but adding a fully detailed interior, the carriage and fountain makes it even better!