Sebeus I

Pirate Ship Lucretia

pirates-indexed.gif 172C

dsc05021_resized.jpg

A pirate ship!

This one is 100% lego (no costum sails and/or rigging)

And it is probably the last ship I'll have built using prefab hull pieces.

dsc04998_resized.jpg

I used blue baseplates for presentation with blue transp. pieces on them...

I need a lot more :pir_wacko: .

I was at LegoWorld Copenhagen in Februari where I worked together with Morthen Poulsen to create a large pirate layout,

he had around 50 000 transp. bits for covering the baseplates, it looked great.

I have pictures but they're not of the best quality :pirate_sad2: .

But if that doesn't bother you, by any means, check them out: LW Copenhagen Pirate Layout!

If you were wondering which ships are mine/his, check out the flags, he has them flying the wrong way.

Morthen has more and better pictures but he didn't have time so far to upload them...

dsc05038_resized.jpg

dsc05017_resized.jpg

dsc04946_resized.jpg

dsc05057_resized.jpg

dsc05004_resized.jpg

Sadly there's no interior in this one,

Due to time pressure (it had to be ready for Lego World) I had priorities.

I could still do it later though.

dsc04994_resized.jpg

I have no clue about this ship's type.

It's kind of unusual for a (partial) double decker to have only two masts.

An oversized Ketch perhaps?

dsc05026_resized.jpg

I hope you like it,

A decent one to end my era of prefab hulls I'd say :pir-classic: .

More pictures can be found in my brickshelf gallery.

As for future projects;

I'm expecting to have my hands full with the guilds of the brickseas (but that's a working title really :pir-wink: ).

And I may once again give this old lady another try;

dsc06654.jpg

Again, some very inspiring work from you! Brick on!

Another beautiful ship that's your usual top-of-the-line quality. pirate_classic.gif:thumbup:

Are you absolutely sure you're giving up pre-fab hulls forever? pirate_sad2.gif I understand if you want to build some bigger ships than they can serve as base for, but you build so well with them, and they always look so good.

Sebeus I is back! Drumroll/cheers/hoorays!

And what a nice ship he has brought with him. Excellent. (Add one hull piece and one mast?)

It seems that with the official return of the Pirates the forum also gets more active again. Two new ships in two days! pirate_laugh2.gif

Good choice of red/dark red - fits in well with the sails.

Not bad for a newcomer. xfersfg

Excellent stuff, my friend! pirate_satisfied.gif

Hey, Sebeus is back!

Great to see you finally introduce 'Lucretia' to us.

Looking very good, bit of a shame she's supposed to be your last prefab based ship. I've always adored your style of prefab hull ship building. But since you slimmed her down from a battleship to 'just' a pirate vessel, I can only assume you have big plans all ahead full pirate_satisfied.gif

BTW, 'GUILDS of the Brick Seas'... you should know better pirate_wink.gif

Best regards,

KB

My first reaction was ... OMG!

My second reaction was ... wow!

Absolutely beautiful ship, and I love the fact you went 100% LEGO. The only thing that could be remotely criticized is that it only has two masts, but so what. And I love that first photo of the crow's nest!

Are you absolutely sure you're giving up pre-fab hulls forever? pirate_sad2.gif I understand if you want to build some bigger ships than they can serve as base for, but you build so well with them, and they always look so good.

Thank you but I feel like I'm not making progress anymore, like I'm not trying enough new things.

This ship was mostly a routine build.

Hey, Sebeus is back!

Great to see you finally introduce 'Lucretia' to us.

Looking very good, bit of a shame she's supposed to be your last prefab based ship. I've always adored your style of prefab hull ship building. But since you slimmed her down from a battleship to 'just' a pirate vessel, I can only assume you have big plans all ahead full pirate_satisfied.gif

BTW, 'GUILDS of the Brick Seas'... you should know better pirate_wink.gif

Best regards,

KB

Someone has been watching my brickshelf pirate_laugh_new.gif

The original plan was to make a complete double decker but I didn't like the proportions on this hull, it would have looked too narrow.

In my opinion a prefab hull is not suitable for a double decker.

Nice, though, as you said: You can't really mention a ship type. I think that those sails and masts doesn't give the ship the almighty feeling it needs. Still the bow and stern are beautiful pirate_wink.gif

And give that old lady indeed a try, because I think she will look marvelous when full rigged and restored in her full glory. Like a real ship of the line! pir_laugh2.gif

-Edward

This is a very beautiful ship.

Would you consider changing the windows in the rear to something more "old-fashioned"?

Thank you, I'm not sure I know what you mean, the windows I used are quite old and I find them very suited for ships of the napoleontic time pir_laugh2.gif .

Absolutely great job mate!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!!

Great looking ship yo! :-)

I'm about half-ish way through my first ship MOC which has grown bigger than I first planned/expected (about the same size as yours but only a single gun deck, built on the Friends hull parts donated to me from a friend-no pun intended, For the greater good. :-D).

But I have to ask, how did you get her sides to slope in like that?

I'm guessing some kind of hinge pieces hidden away, but are they strong enough for a 10 year old to handle the model or is it just a display build?

I'm trying to make my ship strong enough for my missis' daughter to play with-carefully. :-D

Build it like you'd just broken it, Austin. :-)

But I have to ask, how did you get her sides to slope in like that?

It looks like Sebeus used similar techniques the Captain Green Hair used in his frigate-building tutorial.

Just so you know,

Please be mindful of bumping old topics. The guidance for topic bumping is here, which is linked in the Site Guidelines.

Doh! Sorry, found the pic of the ship on Google and the link led me here.

Hadn't noticed the thread date until after I posted the question.

Great guide to get that slope though thanks. :-)

I'll be using that on my next build for sure. 2x2x2 slope bricks look a bit clumsy compared to this way.

I'd used a similar technique to make the main window on the Cap'n's cabin slope out over the stern already, but with 2x1x1 hinge bricks, but those used in the guide would have been better I can see now.

Especially as I have loads of them after one of many raids to the Pick a brick wall here in Copenhagen's Lego shop!

Dammit, I guess I've done gone bumped it again. I'll get my plank walking trousers on. :-D

Dang that's beautiful. I'm so jealous! Pirate ships are my favorite. I have two right now. Only one is built. I have two on the way. I'm so jealous.

Edited by Dopplercb