Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

LEGO Kingdoms:

Please note that these pictures can be more than 2500 pixels large.

7946 King's Castle

thumb.jpg

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

7947 Prison Tower Rescue

thumb.jpg

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

7948 Outpost Attack

thumb.jpg

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

7949 Prison Carriage Rescue

thumb.jpg

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

7950 Knight's Showdown

thumb.jpg

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

7952 Kingdoms Advent Calendar

thumb.jpg

Picture 1

Picture 2 (Warning, image shows calender's full contents!)

7953 Joker

3_7953_box_side.jpg

4_7953_detail_2.jpg

Picture 1

7955 Wizard

3_7955_box_side.jpg

4_7955_detail_2.jpg

Picture 1

852921 852922 Battlepacks

852921_front.jpg

852921_front_2.jpg

852921_detail.jpg

852922_front.jpg

852922_front_2.jpg

852922_detail.jpg

Many thanks to Grogall for the high resolution photos!

Pictures of some of the new figures by member Nicholai: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=427060

Please continue the discussion from the 2008/2009 thread here. This post will be updated when more information arrives.

My Lego vitality just got a steroid like shot! Woohoooooo!!!!!

Wizard - Love that he comes with a dragon. Would like it to be dark brown or dark green instead of dark bley, but I guess with the dark bley it could be used as gargoyles. Hope he comes with the black beard!

Jester - Not too terribly excited about another jester, but like I previously said, this may show Lego's willingness to do not combat oriented/civilian sets. Every MMV needs a jester to entertain in the town square!

Yet to be known impulse - Hoping for a generic solider. Would be neat if it was like The Knight impulse with the weapon and armor options, but instead of a weapons rack, how about an armed pell for the soldier to practice on?

These impulses seem to be packing some heat! The new black beard, dragon, and jester sound pretty neat so far.

I look forward to seeing some prelim piccies. :classic:

I've heard rumors that the new Castle theme is called "Kingdoms" and it contains two opposing human factions - lion knights and snake warriors. These are all just rumors, mind you, not necessarily facts. :wink:

I've heard rumors that the new Castle theme is called "Kingdoms" and it contains two opposing human factions - lion knights and snake warriors. These are all just rumors, mind you, not necessarily facts. :wink:

Well, I can confirm that :wink:

Although I think it was dragons not snakes but I'm not sure.

Sounds good so far... glad they take a break from the fantasy theme (although dragons... oh nevermind), hoping for some more civilian-oriented sets.

Yes!! Another Wizard, I missed out on set 5614, which I was planning on buying a few off bricklink, now I may only have to buy one and I'll stock up on the new one.

Well, I can confirm that :wink:

Although I think it was dragons not snakes but I'm not sure.

I so hope it's dragons and not snakes. I can only think of KKII Karzon when I hear snakes. Bleh.

Any pics? Please.....

kingdom + dragon or snake factions ... :cry_sad::cry_sad:

http://www.bricklink.com/SL/8705-1.jpg?0

http://www.bricklink.com/SL/8706-1.jpg?0

i'm afriad... :cry_sad:

I saw no such sets so I wouldn't worry :wink:

To be clear, snake/dragon faction doesn't mean it's dragons or snakes - just that the faction has a snake or dragon on their shield.

It was more like Lion Knights vs. Black Knights with modern designs.

I saw no such sets so I wouldn't worry :wink:

To be clear, snake/dragon faction doesn't mean it's dragons or snakes - just that the faction has a snake or dragon on their shield.

It was more like Lion Knights vs. Black Knights with modern designs.

have you see some of this new factions? color for example

i'm very corious.... :tongue:

Edited by dariofol

have you see some of this new factions? color for example

i'm very corious.... :tongue:

Not clearly, but I think the colours were red, white and gold for the lions and green and black for the snakes/dragons. I haven't seen any close-up minifigures except the wizard and jester unfortunately.

And no, I don't have any pictures to show. :sad:

Not clearly, but I think the colours were red, white and gold for the lions and green and black for the snakes/dragons.

Hoping for a white flag :classic: , did you see some kind of shield,

If so did it look something like this:

851949-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Link

the Inventor

851949-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Link

the Inventor

reminds me the knigth kingdom... :cry_sad::hmpf_bad: (modern medieval logo :cry_sad: )

Not clearly, but I think the colours were red, white and gold for the lions and green and black for the snakes/dragons. I haven't seen any close-up minifigures except the wizard and jester unfortunately.

And no, I don't have any pictures to show. :sad:

Normal red or dark red? Need to know what color accessories I need to stock up on. :laugh:

Wish it was a griffin instead of a lion. But as it stands (for now), add in some dark brown and it sounds like Camelot from the Merlin TV show. :thumbup:

851949-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Link

the Inventor

Yes, that's quite close. I made a quick sketch using the old lion knight design: newlionknights.jpg

Something like that :sceptic: With normal red, white and gold.

Didn't get a good look at the dragon/snake factions shield, sorry.

Thank you very much for this information, Etzel and Sandy! :classic:

It sounds great that we won't get another fantasy theme.

But I wouldn't and won't judge before we know more of the contents of the bigger (sets) and/or see pics. Reason: This new Castle theme might of course be a more classic Castle theme - but it might even include a lot of fantasy stuff and ugly minifigs (like in KK II) even when it is no real fantasy theme (like the current one is).

I'm hoping that if there will be a dragon included (which is imo very supposably since we get dragon knights) it will be very similar to the classic one from 1993 and not that an ugly, brick-built and hugely oversized one from the fantasy area.

Nevertheless I'm still optimistic that - after 10 years of really bad Castle sets - Lego is finally getting back to more classic structures and contents (like they did very successful with City and Pirates, too)!

@ Etzel: Even when you had only a very short look: Do you still remember what the third Impulse set and the castle included? And do you remember whether the theme will be more classic styled (I do not only mean the minifigs and shields but even the locations and weappons) or more like KK II or FA?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

This "Kingdoms" theme sounds very promising so far, I'm glad we're getting a green faction. :thumbup: The fact that the wizard is also green would seem to indicate that he is a member of the dragon/ snake faction.

(although dragons... oh nevermind)

Dragons are real! *nodnod* :grin:

Sounds good enough, but ugh, Lions again? At least give us an original symbol for the factions! I can see it now: 'The cowardly snakes attack the proud and pious Lions, and their wonderful king rinds forward to save them all'... :hmpf_bad:

The Jester and Wizard sound good, hopefully there'll be some civilian sets...

Can I guess that these impulse sets are going to be mid-year release ?

Good wizard, bad wizard and a jester, YES, my son is going to go off his tree. :thumbup:

He loves Castle :grin: (I'm more City/Star Wars :vader: ).

A castle, did I read a new castle, true or false ?

This means the current impulse sets are all going by the wayside to make way for the mid-year stuff.