Vorkosigan

Review: 70162 - Ultra Agents Infearno Interception

Name: Infearno Interception

Theme: LEGO Ultra Agents

Year: 2014

Pieces: 313 Pieces

Minifigs: 2 minifigures

Price: USD $29.99

This set is nearing the end of its run on shelves as the new wave comes in, but still awaits a review. Personally its my first Ultra Agents set, I went for it because of the Blade Runner similarity.

First, of course the box.

Th2v9mKh.jpg

SZ9ENekh.jpg

The back, showing off all the action features and app tie in.

5X79J89h.jpg

The build is divided into two stages in numbered bags.

nKd6Z3Ah.jpg

The instructions has a very simple pale green background with grid pattern.

fLbfgK0h.jpg

Some parts that were interesting to me, I believe only the flame helmet piece is new. Nice to have the space armor in red. I don't buy Star Wars or much action themes so this is my first set with spring loaded missiles.

fcjd0UEh.jpg

This is the completed first stage of the build.

j1sZmLuh.jpg

Here you can see the ejection seat mechanism

tSBOibRh.jpg

The figures, Agent Soloman Blaze and Infearno. The mech leg is a nice touch but while Soloman is a decent looking figure, Infearno is the clear standout. He really reminds me of a Mega Man villain. His armor, flame throwers and flame board are simple builds but come together very well.

FkeIxEch.jpg

TuMSs14h.jpg

The printing on Infearno is very cool, its a shame the armor covers it up actually. But its great to have the printing available.

mA7A3qYh.jpg

NeQT1Jlh.jpg

The final build, look familiar?

3wkAYAwh.jpg

sikG5WFh.jpg

wBgDwlph.jpg

A8phxZ8h.jpg

Getting even more Blade Runner-ish in this mode.

gF2uCYFh.jpg

All features open, the spring fire missiles work reasonably well and its nice they can be hidden.

iKwHWCJh.jpg

I feel like this should've been reverse printed or else the instructions should show it going on the inside.

dIp4VMLh.jpg

OGCfL38h.jpg

Lastly, here are the extras. Thanks for reading.

ZjXAn2Uh.jpg

Playability: 8/10

Nice articulation, typical flick fire missiles, ejection seat. Great swooshability for a small vehicle.

Design: 9/10

The car design comes together very well. Unusual but functional front wheels. Doesn't feel fragile despite nice detailing.

Price: 7/10

Average price per piece, I think this would be better at $25 despite quite a few trans pieces. Now is the time to get it on clearance.

Minifigures: 8/10

Soloman is classy but not too exciting, Infearno is excellent.

Parts: 7/10

Good amount of trans bricks, there are 1x2 trans light blue used that could have been simply dark bley.

Total: 39/50

Solid build, good design, I'm tempted to pick up more Ultra Agents sets.

Edited by Vorkosigan

Great Review for a very neat set. The quality of your pictures is outstanding.

I could not agree more with your score at the end. At first I thought it was a bit harsh but then, after reading your comments, it makes sense.

I bought this set from Target a few weeks back for 30% off. Still need to build it, I haven't yet because if I run out of money or move I'm going to have to return it. :laugh: I bought the three smallest sets and so far I'm really liking the agents vehicles a lot and pan on getting the Tron bike.

I've really glad LEGO has made a bunch of shooting things as I have been building older sets and the flick missiles have been really annoying to me. These new missiles seem to fit into sets a lot better.

Got this on Amazon for about $22. Astounding set, the car has kind of a futuristic Batmobile/Tron mashup design and Infearno is an awesome minifigure to have, but then again so is Blaze. Tons of useful pieces too.

Great Review for a very neat set. The quality of your pictures is outstanding.35.gif

Edited by dengtuao

that agent's vehicle design is simply outstanding, perfect (tho the wheels-turned-engines concept was used years ago in "Maximal Security" set from Space Police lll)...and I am quite jealous that this was not in my beloved SPACE theme :classic:

Got this on Amazon for about $22. Astounding set, the car has kind of a futuristic Batmobile/Tron mashup design and Infearno is an awesome minifigure to have, but then again so is Blaze. Tons of useful pieces too.

I built the set and thought the same thing! It's Tron's Batmobile. It's really nice. Before I built it I thought it would be really weird looking or awkwardly large, it's the perfect size and looks amazing. I'm leaving it on display for a bit.