Andrex

Lego Star Wars II

Hey, I just got my ONM (UK) today and it had a big article on Lego Star Wars II, including quite a few brand new screenshots, a bit of new info and a new interview. I do not have access to a scanner right now but for now I can give you the interview (which doesn't really have anything too exciting bu some interesting bits), and comment on some of the new screens:

ONM: What skills will the characters have this time?

TT: Characters can build with LEGO, can disguise themselves, get in and out of vehicles, have personalised melee attacks, can roll and duck to avoid enemy fire, can ride beasts such as Dewbacks (which incidentally excrete brown LEGO blocks at the push of a button), can push things around, can use Force lightning or Force choke - and lots more besides.

ONM: Which other characters will you be able to play as? Can you play as an Ewok?

TT: Naturally. Everybody knows the Ewoks are the coolest characters in the trilogy, don't they? If you don't agree, then try any of the other 50 or so characters. We don't think we've missed anyone out.

ONM: Will Luke have to train to become a Jedi?

TT: There is a Dagobah level during which you'll help Luke develop his Jedi abilities. When the game starts out, Luke will not have control of the Force or have his lightsaber. You'll have to earn them as you progress.

ONM: Which other vehicles will you be able to control?

TT: AT-STs, snowspeeders, speeder bikes, Y-wings and maybe a couple of other secrets.

ONM: Will there be creatures to ride as well?

TT: We have Tauntauns, Banthas and Dewbacks. And of course there are loads of other beasts you can't ride, but certainly have to contend with.

ONM: Will you have any weapons other than Lightsabers and Blasters?

TT: In some cases, such as the Gamorrean Guard, unique weapons have been implemented. Jawas can zap droids to disable them, while other characters have close range melee attacks in the absence of Lightsaber moves. On some levels there will be fixed weapons such as turrets that you can use.

ONM: Will the GBA and DS versions be similar?

TT: They're all coming along very nicely indeed, developed by our partner teams at Amaze Entertainment in Seattle. And the DS version does use the touch screen.

As for the new screens, there is a lovely shot of an AT-ST (a new model, with AT-RT style legs and a lot more detail on the sides of the cockpit) in Tatooine, showing off the Vehicle mode in Free Play. Han Solo is contructing something from some LEGO blocks, a lot of screenshots of the X-Wings in the Death Star level, including its destruction, and also some more shots of the Death Star interior. There are the staff of the station in their black uniforms, and some Storm Troopers apparently succumbed to the Jedi Mind Trick. Also, there is a screen of a gang of angry Tusken Raiders, and a very angry looking Luke in the Rebel Hangar, with Chewie going nuts in the back.

If I find any more interesting bits of info in the actual article itself, I shall post it here. Like I said, there isn't much new but it is a good read nonetheless.

Andy.

PS: If you have any questions, please ask. A link to an image is below showing some new screens from Tatooine, the Rebel hangar and the Death Star. Also, you can read the interview again if you do so desire :-D

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1738483

Thanks! I just bought LEGO Star Wars Ep. 1-3 about a month ago and me and my dad just recently beat it

:-) I can't wait for this one!

Same for me, ever since the first one I just longed for a sequel, it really made my day when the first information came out :D. I loe the new AT-ST design, it has the AT-RT legs and completely new feet. Oh and I do have a DS, since I am in the UK I only have Mario Kart for Wi Fi, Animal Crossing still hasn't come lol even though I ordered it over a month ago. At least I'll be getting Metroid Prime Hunters soon :D.

I AM SO STUPID! Thanks for the reminder, I'll take pics right away :D. I will have them up in a few mins. I am sorry for the brightness, didn't take flash off. I have to go now, and they are taking forever to load onto the net, later today I should have them all online, bear with me, it's Easter and I have some relatives to visit.

At the moment, I'm TOTALLY ready to get this for PC or XBox, although PC is more likely. It just sounds so... so... brilliant!

The folder isn't public yet. Could you post deep links? This means clicking on the picture until you can't click on it any more, and linking to that instead.

The pics are public now (although sideways ;-) ). Could you try and get a clearer pic of the AT-ST? I can't make it out.

Yah, flash is on. I am a major newb with it, I don't even know how to remove that haha. I'll try and sort it out when I get home, I am round a friend's for the night.

i just went into the link but for me it still says "this gallery is not yet public" :(

Hehe, that caption below the Luke/Han/Chewy picture cracks me up....

-Tilius-

In one of those pictures, it looks like Vader is about to get the John Wilkes Booth treatment 8-

I've read my mate's copy of that preview, i am so getting it for my gamecube, it could be one of the games of the year.

YAY! My photo made it to the front page! Hmmm, could someone put my name there lol, or credit meee. Thankies! Oh and I can get some better shots of the other pages if you want.

Wow, that looks really cool.

Is it actually like that in the video game, or did you just edit the pictures?

Wow, that looks really cool.

Is it actually like that in the video game, or did you just edit the pictures?

In game.

Follow my link and read my opening post in the thread - I have written a tutorial so anyone with some basic knowledge of copying / pasting files and using photoshop or similar can do it for themselves.

And to bring this back on topic... ;-)

I have extracted and cleaned up some of the screenshots from that scan;

th_lsw2a.jpg th_lsw2b.jpg th_lsw2c.jpg

th_lsw2d.jpg th_lsw2e.jpg th_lsw2f.jpg

th_lsw2g.jpg th_lsw2h.jpg th_lsw2i.jpg

Click images for full size.

In that 'Show of Force' blurb, what does it say on Leia and Han? I mean, we know what Luke does, obviously, and Chewie tears arms out, but what do the others do?