DarthSion

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion

Well it looks like we have an air date for the second season, its the 2nd of October 2009, and will be a double episode.

Thought i would start a new thread as the other was getting long in the tooth, and seemed more about opinion of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_...on_2:_2009-2010

Seems there will be another dvd before the full season, the name seems to imply it will be about the commanders, like rookies, and perhaps the two with Lok Durd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clone_Wars_(3D_CGI_TV_series)

I don't think the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network have finished yet for season 1.

Probably won't get season 2 until February 2010 in the UK!

However, I'm glad that the series continues :thumbup:

Interesting... I can't wait for October 2nd. Maybe the season will be released in the meantime.

But Bane captures Force-sensitive children for Sidious? It seems that that would expose him to the Jedi, who he seems to be hiding from until Ep. III. Plus, the Jedi don't even know he actually exists until then, so this doesn't sound right. Then again, it's Wikipedia, so... :tongue:

Thanks for this information, Sion. :thumbup:

October 2nd, eh? That's gonna be a long wait. :sad: Oh well, at least we'll have the DVDs, the "Decoded" episodes, and the summer Lego sets to keep us occupied. :classic:

Btw, I don't think the Lok Durd episodes will be on the Commandos DVD. They will probably stick to the episode chronology, so it will be episodes 5-8 and maybe even 9.

But Bane captures Force-sensitive children for Sidious? It seems that that would expose him to the Jedi, who he seems to be hiding from until Ep. III. Plus, the Jedi don't even know he actually exists until then, so this doesn't sound right.

I don't think that Sidious himself will be in the episodes much. In the first one, he'll probably only appear to Bane in an hologram to give him the assignment, and in the second one, he will likely only be an hologram too, but there is a chance that he might be there in person, in which case he will probably be long gone when the Jedi arrive. :wink:

Then again, it's Wikipedia, so... :tongue:

Well, yeah, but this rumor has popped up several times now, so I think it's true.

Well I think Force-sensitive children means young jedi that can be turned to the dark side or the light side of the force.

Cool! Can't wait for it. And in my country it started in february, if it doesn't stop for months to wait for season 2, we (for everyone who lives in the Netherlands, = we) will for example, be around episode 40 while America (the country where they started playing it each week, right?) will be at 35..just an example. :tongue:

An episode with Ahsoka and with the word "dead" in the title? Sounds promising! :tongue:

Huh, it says dead on Teth, sounds interesting but odd, why there, unless its a tie into the movie.

Must... Prevent... Upchucking...

Ugh, they are ruining Star Wars! The first season was good, but WHY would Sidious need a FREAKIN' BOUNTY HUNTER to capture Jedi for him? Why would he even need Jedi? Stupid... Very stupid. :hmpf_bad:

Must... Prevent... Upchucking...

Ugh, they are ruining Star Wars! The first season was good, but WHY would Sidious need a FREAKIN' BOUNTY HUNTER to capture Jedi for him? Why would he even need Jedi? Stupid... Very stupid. :hmpf_bad:

It says they are force sensitive, not jedi. Besides its obviously so he can convert them to the dark side and use them as acolytes.

Vader had half a dozen bounty hunters go after Han in the OT.

Edited by DarthSion

It just seems way too far-fetched to me. The old CW series was much better, because Gendy actually took the movie canon seriously.

It just seems way too far-fetched to me. The old CW series was much better, because Gendy actually took the movie canon seriously.

So its not far fetched Vader who probably was ordered by the emperor to use bounty hunters to get Han which was written in by Lucas, but too far fetched for Palpatin to use bounty hunters, to which EVERYTHING would have to get Lucas approval, not to mention he is an executive producer on the series, not to mention Lucas co-wrote 14 episodes of the first season and no doubt as many for the 2nd.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458290/fullcredits#cast

Edited by DarthSion

How is the new series not canonical? It fits in with episodes 2 and 3.

So its not far fetched Vader who probably was ordered by the emperor to use bounty hunters to get Han which was written in by Lucas, but too far fetched for Palpatin to use bounty hunters, to which EVERYTHING would have to get Lucas approval, not to mention he is an executive producer on the series, not to mention Lucas co-wrote 14 episodes of the first season and no doubt as many for the 2nd.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458290/fullcredits#cast

Why would Siddy need Force sensitive children? Besides, the bounty hunters looking for Han were in the movies, not some cartoon which tries every trick in the book to stretch the canon.

How is the new series not canonical? It fits in with episodes 2 and 3.

Ahsoka, Grievous being a weakass troll who can't even kill a padawan, Anakin fighting Dooku when in Episode III, they clearly act like the last time they fought was in Episode II, just to name a few.

Why would Siddy need Force sensitive children?

Either to convert them to the darkside or simply kill them. Duh! :hmpf:

Seriously, why don't you wait until you see the episodes before you talk 'em to trash? Before "Hidden Enemy" aired, everybody was like "WTF? A clone who betrays his brothers? That makes no sense!", but now many agree that it is one of the best episodes of Season 1.

So patience, young padawan. :wink:

Besides, the bounty hunters looking for Han were in the movies, not some cartoon which tries every trick in the book to stretch the canon.

I see what you mean, but TV series will always have trouble fitting in with the movies they are based on. Star Wars is no exception.

And I must agree with DarthSion: Both the movies and the cartoon are being produced by Lucas, so they automatically have the same amount of canon.

Ahsoka

There is no canon that proves that Anakin couldn't have had a padawan during the Clone Wars.

Grievous being a weakass troll who can't even kill a padawan

Although I totally agree that Grievous should be way more badass than he currently is, you must realize that he was kind of a wuss in the movie too (he didn't kill anyone :hmpf_bad: ), so what you are saying here contradicts with your argument that this show doesn't follow the movie canon. :sceptic:

Anakin fighting Dooku when in Episode III, they clearly act like the last time they fought was in Episode II

They never said that. They simply only referred to that one fight because it was their first fight and because it was the one where Anakin lost his hand to Dooku. There is nothing that says that they couldn't have met in the meantime. Besides, Episode III was made before there was much known about the events of the CW, so the makers of the movie had to assume that this was their second fight, no matter what happened in the CW. Therefore, this argument is kinda unfair. :sceptic:

In conclusion, none of your arguments prove that this show is ignoring the canon. :sadnew: It may not be far as good as Tartakovsky's cartoon, but this series isn't as bad as you make yourself believe it is. Give it a chance. They are simply trying to create enjoyable entertainment for us. :classic:

Either to convert them to the darkside or simply kill them. Duh! :hmpf:

Why would he turn them to the Dark Side? He still had faith in Dooku. Killing them? Good point, Bane needs to be tested! :P

There is no canon that proves that Anakin couldn't have had a padawan during the Clone Wars.

I think the council would have made Anakin a master, or at least be less negative on the subject if they knew he had trained a padawan.

Although I totally agree that Grievous should be way more badass than he currently is, you must realize that he was kind of a wuss in the movie too (he didn't kill anyone :hmpf_bad: ), so what you are saying here contradicts with your argument that this show doesn't follow the movie canon. :sceptic:

Grievous was a very formidable villian in Episode III. Obi-Wan was a master of Soresu, which requires patience and the ability to look for weaknesses.

They never said that. They simply only referred to that one fight because it was their first fight and because it was the one where Anakin lost his hand to Dooku. There is nothing that says that they couldn't have met in the meantime. Besides, Episode III was made before there was much known about the events of the CW, so the makers of the movie had to assume that this was their second fight, no matter what happened in the CW. Therefore, this argument is kinda unfair. :sceptic:

Yes, but you would think that the creators would actually watch the movies more often. :sceptic:

Don't get me wrong, The CW is a creat series. I just refuse to put most of it on par with the movies.

Oky im leaving this one to you, i have better things to do.

Edited by DarthSion

Why would he turn them to the Dark Side? He still had faith in Dooku. Killing them? Good point, Bane needs to be tested! :P

I think the council would have made Anakin a master, or at least be less negative on the subject if they knew he had trained a padawan.

Grievous was a very formidable villian in Episode III. Obi-Wan was a master of Soresu, which requires patience and the ability to look for weaknesses.

Yes, but you would think that the creators would actually watch the movies more often. :sceptic:

Don't get me wrong, The CW is a creat series. I just refuse to put most of it on par with the movies.

To become a master you have to train a padawan.

Grevious has actually killed a padawan, he did it in lair of grevious. Besides just because he didnt kill ahsoka (which he nearly did if it hadnt been for an explosion), doesnt mean hes crap. Just because ahsoka is a padawan, doesn't make her really bad at fighting, shes probably really skilled.