mattman

[MOC] Rapunzel's Tower (ie....BIG TOWER!)

I know, it's fairytales not castle... but if you take off the minifigs it stands very happily as a castle moc in it's own right ;)

For a while we've had a tower for rapunzel on our display, it was nice, but it wasn't a centrepiece... you can safely say that has changed now!

In standard form:

14551714767_b7c5df3ba0.jpg

Even at this point, (in my opinion at least) its a very nice tower just as is! But you know, that's just not enough sometimes...

14738169665_dcda2db8ec.jpg

Starting to make sense? This tower can grow! And being that it gets carted around to displays, it's easy to move as well. Only the top and bottom hold form, the rest packs flat. You can easily get the whole tower in a pretty standard box.

14738164925_4ef82268f8.jpg

This is what it's all about though! At the moment it stands 1.35m / 4.6" tall and that can very easily be added to as well, our only limit right now is the parts we have on hand. Stability is still good even at this point, though you probably don't want to bump the table too hard ;)

Hope you all enjoy our latest creation :)

mattman & lorax (who really, did most of the work)

Nice looking tower, great job. :thumbup:

In he 2nd image it loos very high :classic:, yes hopefuly no one bumps the table if you bring it to a display.

The wooden top part loos really good, especially the balcony around the tower. Would be nice to see a close up of that part.

Yeah I know :-) haven't tested yet but I have a bad feeling current hair will be too heavy at full height.

One word brilliant!

Even if it didn't grow taller, the first picture showcases a very impressive scaled MOC. My daughter would die for this (not really). But Rapunzel is her favorite. I've been meaning to do something like this. I doubt it will pale in comparison to yours, but I can at least look to this for inspiration.

Now, time to find all of my light bley hinge bricks.