Sign in to follow this  
jodawill

The new revolver

So, the new revolver has only appeared in The Lone Ranger theme so far, while the classic revolver is still being used in new sets – even in the western sets from The Lego Movie.

When, if ever, do you guys think we'll see the new revolver in new sets? Do you guys think this is a good indication that we'll see a new western theme in the near future? Or perhaps this new mold was never meant for any more than a one time use.

Opinions? Speculation? Insider information? :wink:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Lone Ranger pistol either. The fact that nothing can clip onto the barrel is a big downside. Makes it impossible for minifigures to pistol-whip each other the way they do in Westerns. :head_back:

Indeed, I thought the new revolver would become the new standard, but seeing the old pistol now in use I hope it's a sign that the new one was a one and done deal. Perhaps Disney wanted LEGO to create a special signature gun, or something.

In any case, I really hated the new one anyway. As people have already said, it had no connection points besides the handle, and the barrel wasn't a diameter that's 'in system' with any other hole or anything that LEGO makes. This made the gun really feel quite un-LEGO-y to me. It also didn't match with the old rifle, which they used along with it anyway. Certain things just don't need an update, and the gun is one.

I'd like to see the classic pistol cast in metallic colors, but I hope if LEGO makes new sets that call for pistols they'll stick to the one they've got. Or if they must design a new one, make it a heck of a lot better than the Lone Ranger one.

I'd like to see the classic pistol cast in metallic colors, but I hope if LEGO makes new sets that call for pistols they'll stick to the one they've got.

Agreed. I hope Lego sticks to their guns too. :grin:

I actually thought the new pistols are pretty cool. I don't often use the connection at the other end of the gun. But they do look more like Playmobil to me.

I guess time will show us whether they'll ever be used again. I certainly have more than enough of them.