The Yellow Brick

TOWN: Winter Village

So after nearly Completeing the Winter Post office, I decided to put together my (WIP) Winter Village default_satisfied.gif

lego_winter_village_001.jpg

The whole Village (I wont be making a Winter train, I'll leave that to TLG default_blink.gif

lego_winter_village_002.jpg

The Winter Train station

lego_winter_village_003.jpg

The Post Office (WIP)

lego_winter_village_004.jpg

The Winter Bakery

lego_winter_village_005.jpg

The bakery and the Toy Shop

lego_winter_village_006.jpg

The Tree Market

lego_winter_village_007.jpg

Our fellow Ice skating Champs

lego_winter_village_008.jpg

Our christmas tree

lego_winter_village_009.jpg

Our Christmas tree Delivery guy teases a horse with the Carrot default_devg1.gif

Some more views of the village

lego_winter_village_010.jpg

lego_winter_village_011.jpg

lego_winter_village_012.jpg

I'll be adding more buildings overtime.

and as allways C & C welcome default_thumbup.gif

Nice winter village, The Red Brick. :thumbup:

I really like all those building together around the Christmas tree, can't wait to see this village get bigger. :cry_happy:

The HP train does indeed fit in with the rest. :classic:

Are you gonna make a snowy landscape to put your building on?

And if I where you, I add more trees because it looks a bit bare now and maybe some kind of plaza around the big tree.

the Inventor

Looks really nice! I would add some trees and some 1x1 white studs for snowballs! :classic:

To bad that isn't the holiday train on those tracks. :cry_sad:

Nice winter village, The Red Brick. pirate_thumbup.gif

I really like all those building together around the Christmas tree, can't wait to see this village get bigger. default_cry_happy.gif

The HP train does indeed fit in with the rest. default_classic.gif

Are you gonna make a snowy landscape to put your building on?

And if I where you, I add more trees because it looks a bit bare now and maybe some kind of plaza around the big tree.

the Inventor

I dont think I'll be making a huge Snowy landscape to put them on because if I did I'd need quite alot of Bricks and Plates.

But I may just put it on a white cloth under my Christmas tree, maybe with the buildings at differnt levels default_classic.gif

At first I didn't think that the HP train would fit it but now that you mentioned it, it does look quite nice.

Looks really nice! I would add some trees and some 1x1 white studs for snowballs! default_classic.gif

To bad that isn't the holiday train on those tracks. default_cry4.gif

Thanks for those Idea's Mrlegoninja.

It's too bad that the Holiday Train isn't avalible anymore default_sing.gif

Aw, that is sweet......perfect to have in your living room.....train running while the family opens presents on Christmas morning ! :grin:

Keep on adding 'The Red Brick' it can only get better and better ! :sweet:

ive got to say i love this! :sweet:

i think it would be cool if you made a snowy ground though!

i think TLG made a winter train set... here it is

love the winter village bakery and the other things like your mocs.

ive never come around to it but i would love to make a winter scene like youes, i just keep building the modular winter buildings of mine on LDD ,I'm a conformist!!

ive got to say i love this! :sweet:

i think it would be cool if you made a snowy ground though!

i think TLG made a winter train set... here it is

love the winter village bakery and the other things like your mocs.

ive never come around to it but i would love to make a winter scene like youes, i just keep building the modular winter buildings of mine on LDD ,I'm a conformist!!

I think he knows there is a winter train set but its just so darn expensive :hmpf_bad:

I also think so... I am also searching for moderate priced 10173 for some time now, but it looks like that's not gonna happen, so I will probably build similar train from loose bricks. There are no really special bricks used, so I think that I will be able to do so.

Regarding winter willage: I really love it and HP train fits in really nice with its red/black number. I also think that both 10193 - MMV boulidings would also look very nice in this willage and maybe even new Hagrids Hut. Obly problem are not-white roofs, but that could be solved (or ignored).

Does anybody have that combination (10199, 10216 and 10193)? I would really like to see some pictures of them together.

Aw, that is sweet......perfect to have in your living room.....train running while the family opens presents on Christmas morning ! :grin:

Keep on adding 'The Red Brick' it can only get better and better ! :sweet:

Thanks Lightningtiger, I do hope I'll be able to keep all of it together before Christmas default_laugh2.gif

I want to make one like this, to replace my non-Lego one.

You should make one too, Thats why I have made mine because we once had a small plastic thing under the tree default_laugh_new.gif

Ooo this looks great will the village be expanding :look:

Yes it will be Expanding, as long as I have the room under the tree

Euh, which ones are the official Lego sets? :tongue:

default_satisfied.gif Thank you Vincent Kessels

I think he knows there is a winter train set but its just so darn expensive :hmpf_bad:

Yes I'm aware of the holiday train, I just want it so bad default_cry4.gif I'll guess I could have a go at making my own

I also think so... I am also searching for moderate priced 10173 for some time now, but it looks like that's not gonna happen, so I will probably build similar train from loose bricks. There are no really special bricks used, so I think that I will be able to do so.

Regarding winter willage: I really love it and HP train fits in really nice with its red/black number. I also think that both 10193 - MMV boulidings would also look very nice in this willage and maybe even new Hagrids Hut. Obly problem are not-white roofs, but that could be solved (or ignored).

Does anybody have that combination (10199, 10216 and 10193)? I would really like to see some pictures of them together.

Interesting, Never thought of Putting those buildings in there, But I'll have to order some white Slopes first.

Yes I have 10199, 10216 and 10193, I'll take a picture for you soon default_blink.gif

Nice set,

Will look a little better on either a white sheet or on white base-plates.

Yes, that dang Holiday Train, I bet a lot more people would have bought it having known

that TLG would someday release a winter village theme.

Glad I grabbed three, when the went on sale at my local Lego store :laugh:

saved 50% on them as well. some day i'll will build a nice diorama with a little tunnel

But for now I'm anxiously wait for next year's add on! :wub:

Edited by GRogall

Stunning set up!

Look forward to all details you add to this. It's great so far.

And I thought you chose the carpet you put it on because that is a relatively accurate color for plowed snow (in the sub-zero Midwestern town I grew up in.) :sweet:

Stunning set up!

Look forward to all details you add to this. It's great so far.

And I thought you chose the carpet you put it on because that is a relatively accurate color for plowed snow (in the sub-zero Midwestern town I grew up in.) default_satisfied.gif

Thank you 'Good Cheer', I wont be keeping on that carpet, I just set it up their because it was the only White(ish) carpet I've got default_blush.gif.

"Where's the Holiday Train?" - That's what I first thought when I looked at your layout. Anyway, it looks great. I hope you'll extend it till Christmas.

"Where's the Holiday Train?" - That's what I first thought when I looked at your layout. Anyway, it looks great. I hope you'll extend it till Christmas.

I don't yet have the holiday train But, I'm building a train now and I'm having trouble Adding power functions default_laugh2.gif

Looks really christmas-ish. Makes me even more want it snow over here :cry_sad: Very good job, all the buildings look like they belong in a set. :thumbup:

Looks really christmas-ish. Makes me even more want it snow over here default_cry4.gif Very good job, all the buildings look like they belong in a set. pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks Brickviller, I want it to snow where I live default_blush.gif We had Loads last year.

Tomorrow I will be putting up our tree and I will be able to set up te village under it, Unfortunatly I don't have any white cloth to place it on but I will be using Tin Foil default_laugh2.gif

The good news is that the lights from the tree make a nice 'glow' on the foil and it will make the buildings stand out more.

But the bad news is I don't think that I will have enough room for all of the buildings default_sceptic.gif

Can't wait for it I might have a go at making my own village for the tree tough the tree will look quite funny under the sky light :tongue: (everyone wanted a bigger tree so they all want it under the sky light so it will fit :laugh: )

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Can't wait for it I might have a go at making my own village for the tree tough the tree will look quite funny under the sky light :tongue: (everyone wanted a bigger tree so they all want it under the sky light so it will fit :laugh: )

If you do make a village you better hurry cause Christmas is comming default_laugh2.gif.

Great set up :thumbup:. But the harry potter train jus looks out of place, In my opinion (not that my opinion is important :wink:). I wonder what it would look like in the snow we're having here in the UK :tongue:?

Thanks, CB

Great set up :thumbup:. But the harry potter train jus looks out of place, In my opinion (not that my opinion is important :wink:). I wonder what it would look like in the snow we're having here in the UK :tongue:?

Thanks, CB

Oh gosh, don't get me started on the snow we have had today default_laugh_new.gif. I wont be using the HP train (I am using a 'non' Lego train).

Oh gosh, don't get me started on the snow we have had today default_laugh_new.gif. I wont be using the HP train (I am using a 'non' Lego train).

Yeah I felt like going out with all my star wars hoth sets :grin:. OMG you're using a non lego train, blasphemy I say, blasphemy. Only joking, Cant wait to see it finished :thumbup:.

Thanks, CB