Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

Grenadiers a Cheval

Well ive made some of the cavalrymen of the Grenadiers a Cheval of Napoleons Imperial Guard. Their nickname was "The gods" as they remained undefeated in all campaigns they took part in. These guys are my favourite soldiers of the period. Thanks again to Woody for the bearskin hats.

001.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Beautiful!

Excellent job michaelozzie, the details of your custom soldiers are amazing :pir-wub:

Very good job with those strings, works perfectly :thumbup:

are those hatpieces an original LEGO piece or are they custom made?

Anyway, a very nice customs. :thumbup:

The hatpieces are from a company called Shapeways in Holland. Woody64 designed them and they can be ordered online as unpainted pieces.

Very nice work again! But shouldn't grenadiers have grenades? I thought that was why they are called 'grenad-iers'. I could be wrong, I don't know a lot about these guys, but that's just what I think.

These figs look fantastic. Your army must be the most realist LEGO Napoleonic army reproduction existing. I'm also very impressed by Woody's hats, he seems to have a nice selection available at his shop by now (just took another look).

Very nice work again! But shouldn't grenadiers have grenades? I thought that was why they are called 'grenad-iers'. I could be wrong, I don't know a lot about these guys, but that's just what I think.

During the 17th and 18th century, they were armed with hand grenades. But they became an elite light infantry force by the beginning of the Napoleonic period.

I really admire your custom fig Micheal.

During the 17th and 18th century, they were armed with hand grenades. But they became an elite light infantry force by the beginning of the Napoleonic period.

Ok, thanks for the info. Then I have nothing to argue about on these minifigs, good job! :pir-classic: