Sign in to follow this  
Derek

Black Friday 2010 (US)

Hey everyone! :classic:

Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year, as well as a good one to get some deals on Lego.

As of right now, I don't know of any ads that have been released, but they should start to trickle out over the next couple of weeks.

I know Target usually releases a higher end set ($80-100) range from the year before for a 40-50% discount. They usually go fast, so its always my most sought after Black Friday item :classic:. In the past, they have even restocked sets for the Black Friday item that they previously stopped selling.

Unless they change it up this year, right now I think some possible options are-

-Castle- 7097 Troll Mountain Fortress

-Space Police- 5974 Galactic Enforcer

-Pirates-6243 Brickbeard's Bounty

-Indiana Jones- 7199 Temple of Doom

-City- 7642 Garage

-SW- 8038 Battle of Endor :wub:

-Power Miners- 8964 Titanium Command Rig

Feel free to speculate here, and when news comes around, post that too! :wink:

-Derek :classic:

Most of those sound reasonable. I know that my Target got rid of the Temple of Doom at the beginning of the year. I hope some piratey stuff is on major sale!

BFADs.com has some ad scans up, and while there's a K-Mart toys scan and a Toys-R-Us "big book" scan, neither one is a black Friday ad, but it's still really far away. I usually go check when it's only a week or so out.

Boy oh boy if endor goes on sale, I will be stoked.

As will I. I never really intended to get, but if it's really on sale, it'd go well with next year's suspected Endor set.

As will I. I never really intended to get, but if it's really on sale, it'd go well with next year's suspected Endor set.

Same for me, I really only wanted the figs, but knowing there will be another endor set, it makes it more appealing.

I haven't seen a few of the sets you mentioned in a long time.

In particular:

-Castle- 7097 Troll Mountain Fortress

-Pirates-6243 Brickbeard's Bounty

-Indiana Jones- 7199 Temple of Doom

-Power Miners- 8964 Titanium Command Rig

In fact, I haven't seen a Pirates, Castle (not Kingdoms), PM wave 1, or Indy set at any Target I've been to in the last few months.

The Battle of Endor is a good possibility though since it's been out for so long and they still have quite a few on the shelves. Maybe the King's Castle? Though I do wish they brought back some Brickbeard's Bounty sets...

I still can't believe I didn't pick up a 6211 when Target had them for $50 two years ago.

I don't know if this counts, but apparently this weekend at toys-r-us, there are select sales for sets, 25% off!!!

click for more info

not sure if this goes for Canada as well though!

I'm guessing Endor or more likely the PoP Battle of Alamut will be the sale item at Target this year.

If you live near a LEGO brand store, everything is on sale. :sweet: My store still actually has Troll Mountain Fortress, and Battle of Endor is still in production, isn't it?

Edited by Brickdoctor

If you live near a LEGO brand store, everything is on sale. :sweet: My store still actually has Troll Mountain Fortress, and Battle of Endor is still in production, isn't it?

By how much is everything normally on sale at a LEGO store?

By how much is everything normally on sale at a LEGO store?

They use a random scratcher system; you're guaranteed 10% off and can get up to 50.

ARGH, well all the Lego stores are here in NY and NJ. However my fiancee and I have plans to spend Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh, with friends. It is a lego dead zone. So I guess I will have to hope for good BF deals at Target. Im just not excited at fighting crowds and waiting in the cold for hours.

Last year, we were living in Pittsburgh, we had Thanksgiving with the same friends. We found out that Old Navy had a special deal. Buy clothes and get Lego Rock Band for $10. What a deal. we all got copies. However we had to wait for a few hours in the cold. Luckily we were the first in line. People started pouring in line. No guarantee to those further back in line. Within a half hour of opening the store, an employee gave out wristbands and vouchers to claim the game. As long as we had the voucher we were guaranteed a game. They had only a limited number for PS3, Wii, and Xbox.

Some Wal-Mart deals: Walmart Black Friday :classic:

Although those aren't big deals for you Yanks, I'd get all of those in a blink! $19 for Plo Koon's fighter? Compared to $34.99 that's awesome

They use a random scratcher system; you're guaranteed 10% off and can get up to 50.

Do you have to use it that day? I'll be away from my LEGO store for Thanksgiving, but my wife will still be in town. I can't really trust her to get what I want.

Never heard of any countries doing it here in Europe. I guess it's a US thing, not even sure if the Canadians have it.

Frank

Edited by homoludens

Thanksgiving is an American holiday, so Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) is basicly USA only. However, there might be similar events in other countries that I am unaware of.

Ahab out.............

Never heard of any countries doing it here in Europe. I guess it's a US thing, not even sure if the Canadians have it.

Frank

There's still a time of the year in which people of Christian influence begin doing Christmas shopping and promotions start appearing. And stores begin ripping all your money off :) In mine it is around late November, but I think that for Europeans and other richer countries it starts much earlier.

I dont know if consumerism is pushed in Europe as hard as it is in the US. But there is Boxing Day. I dont think they have the deals like black friday do though.

Some Wal-Mart deals: Walmart Black Friday :classic:

I think that's just the Walmart holiday toy catalog. I think those prices will hold true from now (or soon) through Christmas :classic:.

-Derek

Hey guys!

Do sites like starwars.com have black friday sales at all? Living in New Zealand can be tough to get a real deal on lego and this may be a good way to do it. Thanks for your help. :classic:

Sign in to follow this