Sign in to follow this  
Wout

Something you could advise me to do in Legoland?

Dear Eurobrickers,

I wil visit Legoland Billund soon.

It will not be the first time for me, but because the last time is around 25 years ago, are there people who recently visited Billund and think there is something I atleast must see.

I know the park is now twice as big as then.

Friendly greetings

Wout

When I went last year one of the newest (and most fun) attractions was definitely the Haunted House. Since then they've also opened their new LEGO Ninjago World which is apparently loads of fun! Also, next to the pizza and pasta buffet in the Polar Land they have an enclosure with live penguins! You can see the penguins either from outside or inside the restaurant, but from inside you stand a better chance of seeing the baby penguins, who the parents keep towards the back of the enclosure.

As with any LEGOLAND park, the discount shop is probably worth checking out. The Big Shop has the widest selection of sets, including early releases of certain sets (though with many of the summer sets already out in Europe I don't know how much there will be that isn't already widely available).

The food at the LEGOLAND Hotel is really good, from my experience, though some other people with more discerning tastes might disagree. The Grill House is also a good place for dinner but that might be my American palate talking, who knows? The Polar Pizza and Pasta Buffet is nothing exceptional, fairly generic sorts of options there, but for me it was worth it both for the sake of being able to fill my stomach and also seeing the penguins. :)

I didn't really go on any of the roller coasters or other really fast/exciting rides because I was saving those for my last day in Billund, and then I ended up feeling sick that day. But the Dragon is a fun ride at all the other LEGOLAND parks I've been to. Might want to bring a swimsuit if you plan to go on any of the water rides. Of those, the Viking ride looked like one that'd be fun for all ages.

Edited by Aanchir

Ninjago Land has some great sculpture to check out and the ride is pretty fun. The other attractions are just as amusing to try out. The Polar Coaster is a great ride and the Laser Raiders game/ride is stuffed with Adventurers!

We also found great amusement on the train, the pirate boats and the haunted house.

There are a lot of good models to look at and if you have plenty of time, there are a number of 4D movies that are pretty entertaining.