L-space

Modo's garden shed

indexed.gif

After getting the Unseen University Cut-out book I realized this would be awesome in Lego.

So I started out building the boathouse but that didn't work out.

Instead I put effort in Modo's garden shed and it worked out well.

This took me about two weeks in the evenings to build. Being halfway there and starting over again and so on. I had to do some consession because it is impossible to get exactly to scale.

I am planning on doing all the other buildings but it will take a long time as it is a huge build. So don't be dissapointed if they are not up next week. :laugh:

But here it is:

00_modo-s.jpg

View from the river. This side will connect to the High Energy Magic building via the technic pin.

02_modo-s.jpg

The outside with Rincewind to show the scale.

03_modo-s.jpg

The inside. Modo stands in front of his shed.

05_modo-s.jpg

Top view. The tower will connect to the Library and used up a lot of hinge bricks to make it sturdy.

06_modo-s.jpg

here it is on Brickshelf and on MOCpages

I like it! Especially the pillar at the right looks very realistic. :thumbup:

I'm not sure about the colours on the chimney though. The shed looks cool anyway.

It sounds a cool project you're working on L-Space, keep it up. :sweet:

Very nice! :thumbup:

Having finished all the buildings of the UU, you'll be able to issue your own bok: "Lego Unseen University: Instructions" :)

I like it! Especially the pillar at the right looks very realistic. :thumbup:

I'm not sure about the colours on the chimney though. The shed looks cool anyway.

It sounds a cool project you're working on L-Space, keep it up. :sweet:

The chimney is made out of red and grey brick. So I didn't know how to potray it in another way. But I'm open for suggestions.

Very nice! :thumbup:

Having finished all the buildings of the UU, you'll be able to issue your own bok: "Lego Unseen University: Instructions" :)

Thanks, but that will be a whole project in itself I'm affraid.

The chimney is made out of red and grey brick. So I didn't know how to potray it in another way. But I'm open for suggestions.

Of course I understand you go for realism, but I don't think the red stones are nice on the chimney, red clashes with grey.

It looks more you had a shortage on bricks. :grin:

Personally I should replace them with dark grey, or place grey headlight bricks on the chimney and place a red 1x2 tile on them to create a stone effect.

Just my two cents. :sweet:

By the small gods, I have to have that cut-out book! :tongue:

The MOC is great as well, it almost looks like an official set. The asymmetric pattern in the wall is a nice touch, too. It's great you've decided to make the Unseen University modular.

Now go make some more modules! :thumb_up: