Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#93: School's Out

heroicaquest93.jpg

Six heroes approached the empty lot where the Academy of Enlightenment had stood only some hours ago. They pushed through the crowd that surrounded the place and the watchmen that tried their best to keep the crowd back.

heroicaquest93-emptylot1.jpg

Party:

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo
(legobodgers)

324 year old elven Sage

Level 16
*Immune to sealed*

Power:
(16+10+1)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
26/26
(5+15+6)

Ether:
27/27
(5+15+2+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of Light (WP:10), Crow Cursed Cloak (SP:6), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3 max ether +5, immune to sealed)

Inventory:
Opal
Ruby
Garnet
Diamond
Amethyst
, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, 9 Tonics, 4 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, Newtralizer (Like a neutralizer but with a 'w' instead of a 'u'), 2 Smelling Salts, 4 Nostrums, 5 Mead, 2 Mulled Wines, Ice Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Bedroll, 4 Bones

use.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
(Myrddyn)

19 years old male human Shaman.

Level 16
*Immune to
Fragile
* *Restoration*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(8+15+9)

Ether:
17/17
(16+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Twin Axe (WP:5,
Darkness
-elemental dual strike-axe), Lighter Armor (SP:4, immune to
fragile
-effect; bodywear), Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear)

Inventory:
Titanic Axe (WP:11,
Earth
- abd
Light
-elemental, has 1/6 chances of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Voltedge (WP: 13,
Lightning
-elemental; greatsword/longsword), Peacekeeper's Totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to
Water
; bodywear), Talisman of Enlightenment [(Protects from hexed-effect; accessory),
(Battle Song that gives Inspired-effect to all allies for as long as the song is sung at the cost of 10 ether per round), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, Bone

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
, the Ghostbuster and the Super Sleuth (Cutcobra)

32 year old male Sorcerer *Party Leader*

Level 17
*Immune to
Sealed

Power:
(17+12)
(
Spellpower:
(17+12+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(5+14+4)

Ether:
26/26
(5+14+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darkstar Wand (WP:12; has 1/2 chance of inflicting hexed-effect; Darkness-elemental wand), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed)

Inventory:
Rawr (WP:9), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Lovelorn Wand (WP 6, deals
enamored
-effect), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Grand Potion, Health Core, Grand Tonic,Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Smelling Salt, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Wicked Perfume (Makes all male humanoid enemies enamored to the user, but makes all female humanoid enemies encouraged; consumable), Blue Jelly

]
8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg
Karie Alderflask
(Kintobor)

Level 20 1/3 Witch
*Evasion* *Immune to hexed*

Power:
(20+11)

Defense
: 2

Health:
34/34
(7+19+8)

Ether:
26/26
(20+4+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lowers the target's level by 1; coils around the user's arm and mimics a tattoo outside of battle; whip), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear), Paper Doll (immunity to hexed; accessory)

Inventory:
Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Accessory, changes user's appearance into an Elf), Sexy (WP: 8, Rapier, Disregards SP, usable by Knights and Rogues), Rusty Dagger (WP:2 - Deals the Badly Poisoned Effect, Breaks After 3 Uses), Doppleganger (Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on to the targeted enemy on successful hits.), Grumpy's Staff (WP:10, fire staff), Medal of Valor
(This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience from battles.), Glittering Dress
(The user's job traits are replaced with those of a Harlot:
Promiscuity
Flee
and
Money Maker
; suitable to women only; bodywear), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Newtity (costs 10 ether; usable by ex-Amphibians only), 3 Grand Potions, Tonic, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrum, 8 Venoms, Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Military Grade Darkness Bomb, Love Potion (Makes target enamoured with user for three rounds), Tasty Pretzel
(1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption)
, Greasy Sausage
(Max. health +2 when eaten)
, Telescope, Bedroll

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 25 1/3
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded*

Power:
(25+27+1)

Defense:

Health:
36/36
(7+24+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5), Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. aquatic monsters), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for rangers), Disguise Kit (Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender; accessory), 5 Grand Potions, 3 Health Cores, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 14 Meads, 14 Smelling Salts, 14 Nostrums, 2 Ambrosia, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Root Beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage.), Exterium (Can be used on an enemy to make them confused and plagued (15 damage, -1 SP) for 3 rounds), Bedroll

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas
, the Super Sleuth (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level 22 1/3
*Immune to
Fragile
Sealed
Poisoned
Bleeding

Power:
(22+13)

Defense
: 7
(3+4)

Health:
30/30
(5+21+4)

Ether:
32/32
(5+21+1+5)

Gold
: 1

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether; staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to
Sealed
; bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile
; headwear), Sterile Gloves (Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
; handwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow [Grand Potion], melee/throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Batarang (WP:13
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon)

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
; headwear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle; backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear)

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
), Ruby (
Fire
), Opal (
Ice
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
)

Scrolls:
2 Scrolls of Sealing, 2 Scrolls of Blindness, 2 Scrolls of Frailty, 2 Scrolls of Weakening, 2 Scrolls of Confusion, 2 Scrolls of Sleep

Consumables:
3 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Ether Core, 2 Remedies, Elixir, 2 Phoenix Essences, Mead, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smelling Salts, Copy of
The Eubric Herald
(Gives the target the
transcended
and
inspired-effects for the duration of one battle), Smoke Bomb, Bone

Tools
: Magic Compass, Shovel, Bedroll

Some of the heroes spot the familiar, sweating figure of Detective Warlock Hoples interrogating people among the crowd, but before they can approach him, they are hailed by a bespectacled man in a rectangular hat. The heroes walk to the small group the man is standing with.

heroicaquest93-emptylot2.jpg

heroicanpc-darlavonlector2.jpg

"This way please, ladies and gentlemen. I am Provost Darlavon Lector, who summoned you here on this dreadful day. I am the headmaster of the Academy of Enlightenment, but as you can see with your own eyes, the Academy is no more. Just hours ago, it disappeared before the eyes of countless onlookers, along with everyone who were inside at the time."

heroicanpc-lorcanhinckwell.jpg

"That includes my little brother, Lyren. Our mother is crying her heart out at home, so you must do something and fast!"

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux.jpg

"Oui, we 'ave been just standing 'ere the whole mourning, watching zat woman échange letters wiz 'er son, while my Nuitan and the ozers are gods know where! Mon pauvre petit frère could be dying and zere's nozing I can do..."

heroicanpc-valentineziegfried2.jpg

"Pardon me, Lady Shadeaux, but my correspondence with Noel - who is also trapped where-ever the school has went, mind you - just might be the key to getting your brother back, and yours, Mr. Hinckwell. We share the same goal here, so why not work together for a change?"

"Miss Ziegfried is correct. Getting everyone safely back from wherever they have been spirited away is our top priority." The provost turns to the heroes. "These valiant heroes from Heroica have arrived to help us in this endeavour. Heroes, I am sure you recognize Master Lorcan Hinckwell and Lady Umbra Shadeaux, as well as Miss Valentine Ziegfried. All of them have a loved one inside the Academy. Miss Ziegfried has been able to reach her son through the Z-mail system. Can you enlighten us about that, Miss?"

"Certainly. My son Noel was clever enough to send me a Z-mail almost as soon as the school disappeared, so thanks to him we know that the Academy and the people inside are still intact somewhere. However, his letters have gone through the system all tattered and wrinkly, so I am puzzled about how far the letters have travelled. I can send letters all the way to Xu without any such problem, and I am confident my son can too. Anyway, in his letters Noel says that all he can see outside the school building is white emptiness. Also, there are monsters and spirits roaming the halls, so he is afraid to explore any further. He says he can hear the other students screaming from time to time. Please, we must do something before the monsters find him too!"

"Oh, this is just too horrible... But here comes the detective! Mr. Hoples, what have you found out?"

The Town Watch's one and only detective marches towards the group, with beads of sweat trickling down his face.

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Ah, I see some familiar faces have been recruited to help us out. I'm relieved to see you, dear friends. Now, according to the eyewitnesses I've interrogated, I've counted that a total of 74 people got trapped inside the Academy when it vanished. Eleven members of the faculty, 62 students, and one other person whose identity is a mystery. That's... well, a lot of people."

"Come on, there must be something we can do!"

"All zose kids, at ze mercy of vile monsteurs... What can we du?"

Everyone looks at the heroes, expecting them to have a solution.

Heckz approached what used to be the academy. "Nice to see you again, Detective Hoples." He turns to the party. "To those who don't know me my name is Heckz Brutenhal, but you can also refer to me as His Gorgeousness. Anyone in here have a magic compass? Try searching for the academy with that."

Karie walks up to with the group munching on the greasy sausage she received, looking less than thrilled about it. She looks over the vacant lot where the school once stood, somewhat puzzled.

"Yup. Whole bunch of nothing."

She turns back to the panicking house members and the headmaster, trying to ignore the detective.

"I'm Karie, Karie Alderflask, and this little bundle of joy is Hershey."

Hershey sits, and begins grooming herself thoroughly.

"Heroes, I am sure you recognize Master Lorcan Hinckwell and Lady Umbra Shadeaux, as well as Miss Valentine Ziegfried."

"Nope. Never seen 'em before. She states, still eating the sausage, looking somewhat bored.

The Town Watch's one and only detective marches towards the group, with beads of sweat trickling down his face.

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Ah, I see some familiar faces have been recruited to help us out. I'm relieved to see you, dear friends. Now, according to the eyewitnesses I've interrogated, I've counted that a total of 74 people got trapped inside the Academy when it vanished. Eleven members of the faculty, 62 students, and one other person whose identity is a mystery. That's... well, a lot of people."

"Come on, there must be something we can do!"

"All zose kids, at ze mercy of vile monsteurs... What can we du?"

Everyone looks at the heroes, expecting them to have a solution.

Karie looks the detective over, biting off a piece of the sausage rather aggressively.

"So, let me get this straight: the Academy disappears with the faculty and students inside, all seventy three, and the area outside is pure white. Sounds like magic to me.

Provost, can you tell me about some of the faculty? What department's they headed, that sort of stuff? And you, sweaty, can we speak to the witness?"

Heckz approached what used to be the academy. "Nice to see you again, Detective Hoples." He turns to the party. "To those who don't know me my name is Heckz Brutenhal, but you can also refer to me as His Gorgeousness. Anyone in here have a magic compass? Try searching for the academy with that."

Oh gods, why me.

Karie just shakes her head.

"His Grossness, that's not a bad idea. Also, here, you might want this."

She snickers, tossing him her old "Party Leader" badge she acquired before Brendenton.

"Mreow. <What a fool. He's got nice hair though.>"

Edited by Kintobor

Heckz puts the badge on, angered that he just called him gross. "Thanks , Miss Way To Much Makeup On Her Face. Just so you know, call me anything close to ugly and you might just accidentaly get no loot." Heckz grinned while tapping his party leader badge. "But gross is acceptable since that doesn't involve my face or body."

I approach the party, largely the same as I looked before... Black cloak enveloping my entire body, clad in dark cloth from head to toe...

Well, more like shoulder to toe.

"In terms of ugliness..."

I cringe inwardly at all of the bewildered glances.

ava-sorrow.jpg

"I believe I have you all trumped.

Sorrow, reporting for duty."

Heckz walks away from the party slowly and vomits in the dustbin. Trying to hide his vomit from Sorrow to not make him sad. He walks slowly to Sorrow "N- nice to see Sorrow.". He looks at a peculiar item in Sorrow's possetion. "Is there any chance that disguise kit of yours is on sale?"

I approach the party, largely the same as I looked before... Black cloak enveloping my entire body, clad in dark cloth from head to toe...

Well, more like shoulder to toe.

"In terms of ugliness..."

I cringe inwardly at all of the bewildered glances.

ava-sorrow.jpg

"I believe I have you all trumped.

Sorrow, reporting for duty."

"Well... um... okay. I've seen worse, honestly."

Karie shrugs, a little discomforted, but nothing serious. Besides, she had more to worry about with him.

He looks at a peculiar item in Sorrow's possetion. "Is there any chance that disguise kit of yours is on sale?"

"Of course you'd want- oh, what's that?"

Karie begins to ogle over the disguise kit.

"A Kelvin Bros. Theatrical Quality Disguise Kit?! Where did you get a hold of that? That's top of line equipment you have in your possession!"

Edited by Kintobor

I attempt to roll my eyes at Heckz vomiting, and address the slightly more pressing issue.

"Where'd I get this...? Where did I..." I draw complete blank. "I can't even remember how I obtained this thing..."

"Either way, I'd like to hold onto it a bit longer."

"Hello there, Hoples - how did that marketplace fiasco blow over? It seems we have another mystery on our hands...

How did you learn of the existence of this "mystery person"?"

Erik grabs his Peacekeepers Totem.

"Don't worry ladies and gentlemen, we'll retrieve your missin' academy."

He turns to Miss Ziegfried.

"Now, I'm no great wizard, but from what you've said, it sounds like the academy isn't in a place we can reach by conventional means.

If we attached ourselves to these Zmail letters, could we ride them into the academy? And could we send a Zmail letter that we were attached to, or would someone else have to send it?"

"Greetings everyone! Masters Sorrow, Heckz, detective Holpes, miss Ziegfried, Kerie; its nice to see you again! To those of you who dont know me, my name is Thalion Dwinlas." He says with a bow. "We will do our best!"

Anyone in here have a magic compass? Try searching for the academy with that."

Thalion nodded and smiled , "Yes, we do have it! But before using it, I would like to hear the answers to the questions already asked...", taking the compass out of his backpack.

"Good morning, everyone."

He nods to Karie, the only hero in the group that he knows.

"And good morning to you as well Provost Lector, I am sorry for this dreadful incident and will do all I can to rectify the situation. Though I also wonder that you know of the existence but not the identity of this stranger."

Party:

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo
(legobodgers)

324 year old elven Sage

Level 16
*Immune to sealed*

Power:
(16+10+1)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
26/26
(5+15+6)

Ether:
27/27
(5+15+2+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of Light (WP:10), Crow Cursed Cloak (SP:6), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3 max ether +5, immune to sealed)

Inventory:
Opal
Ruby
Garnet
Diamond
Amethyst
, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, 9 Tonics, 4 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, Newtralizer (Like a neutralizer but with a 'w' instead of a 'u'), 2 Smelling Salts, 4 Nostrums, 5 Mead, 2 Mulled Wines, Ice Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Bedroll, 4 Bones

use.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
(Myrddyn)

19 years old male human Shaman.

Level 16
*Immune to
Fragile
*Natural Respite*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(8+15+9)

Ether:
17/17
(16+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Twin Axe (WP:5,
Darkness
-elemental dual strike-axe), Lighter Armor (SP:4, immune to
fragile
-effect; bodywear), Peacekeeper's Totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory)

Inventory:
Titanic Axe (WP:11,
Earth
- abd
Light
-elemental, has 1/6 chance of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Voltedge (WP: 13,
Lightning
-elemental; greatsword/longsword), Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to
Water
; bodywear), Talisman of Enlightenment [(Protects from hexed-effect; accessory),
(Battle Song that gives Inspired-effect to all allies for as long as the song is sung at the cost of 10 ether per round), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, Bone

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
, the Ghostbuster and the Super Sleuth (Cutcobra)

32 year old male Sorcerer *Party Leader*

Level 17
*Immune to
Sealed

Power:
(17+12)
(
Spellpower:
(17+12+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(5+14+4)

Ether:
26/26
(5+14+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darkstar Wand (WP:12; has 1/2 chance of inflicting hexed-effect; Darkness-elemental wand), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed)

Inventory:
Rawr (WP:9), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Lovelorn Wand (WP 6, deals
enamored
-effect), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Grand Potion, Health Core, Grand Tonic,Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Smelling Salt, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Wicked Perfume (Makes all male humanoid enemies enamored to the user, but makes all female humanoid enemies encouraged; consumable), Blue Jelly

]
8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg
Karie Alderflask
(Kintobor)

Level 20 1/3 Witch
*Evasion* *Immune to hexed*

Power:
(20+11)

Defense
: 2

Health:
36/36
(7+19+8+2)

Ether:
26/26
(20+4+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lowers the target's level by 1; coils around the user's arm and mimics a tattoo outside of battle; whip), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear), Paper Doll (immunity to hexed; accessory)

Inventory:
Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Accessory, changes user's appearance into an Elf), Sexy (WP: 8, Rapier, Disregards SP, usable by Knights and Rogues), Rusty Dagger (WP:2 - Deals the Badly Poisoned Effect, Breaks After 3 Uses), Doppleganger (Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on to the targeted enemy on successful hits.), Grumpy's Staff (WP:10, fire staff), Medal of Valor
(This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience from battles.), Glittering Dress
(The user's job traits are replaced with those of a Harlot:
Promiscuity
Flee
and
Money Maker
; suitable to women only; bodywear), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Newtity (costs 10 ether; usable by ex-Amphibians only), 3 Grand Potions, Tonic, 3 Grand Tonics, 2 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrum, 8 Venoms, Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Military Grade Darkness Bomb, Love Potion (Makes target enamoured with user for three rounds), Tasty Pretzel (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Telescope, Bedroll

ava-sorrow.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 25 1/3
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded*

Power:
(25+27+1)

Defense:

Health:
36/36
(7+24+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5), Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. aquatic monsters), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for rangers), Disguise Kit (Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender; accessory), 5 Grand Potions, 3 Health Cores, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 14 Meads, 14 Smelling Salts, 14 Nostrums, 2 Ambrosia, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Root Beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage.), Exterium (Can be used on an enemy to make them confused and plagued (15 damage, -1 SP) for 3 rounds), Bedroll

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas
, the Super Sleuth (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level 22 1/3
*Immune to
Fragile
Sealed
Poisoned
Bleeding

Power:
(22+13)

Defense
: 7
(3+4)

Health:
30/30
(5+21+4)

Ether:
32/32
(5+21+1+5)

Gold
: 1

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether; staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to
Sealed
; bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile
; headwear), Sterile Gloves (Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
; handwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow [Grand Potion], melee/throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Batarang (WP:13
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon)

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
; headwear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle; backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear)

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
), Ruby (
Fire
), Opal (
Ice
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
)

Scrolls:
2 Scrolls of Sealing, 2 Scrolls of Blindness, 2 Scrolls of Frailty, 2 Scrolls of Weakening, 2 Scrolls of Confusion, 2 Scrolls of Sleep

Consumables:
3 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Ether Core, 2 Remedies, Elixir, 2 Phoenix Essences, Mead, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smelling Salts, Copy of
The Eubric Herald
(Gives the target the
transcended
and
inspired-effects for the duration of one battle), Smoke Bomb, Bone

Tools
: Magic Compass, Shovel, Bedroll

"So, let me get this straight: the Academy disappears with the faculty and students inside, all seventy three, and the area outside is pure white. Sounds like magic to me.

"Your logical deduction skills are impeccable, young miss. Here I was thinking someone went up and moved the building by brute manpower", said Valentine Ziegfried with sarcasm oozing from her voice.

Provost, can you tell me about some of the faculty? What department's they headed, that sort of stuff?

"Certainly. I believe Detective Hoples made a list of them."

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Oh, yes! Of course, here you go." The detective tore off a page from his notebook and handed it to Karie. It read:

FACULTY MEMBERS THAT DISAPPEARED:

Dean Olfus Bumblebore, Physics & Etherology

Dean Lycentia Morrible, Languages & Literature

Professor Abbot Watt, History & Archaeology

Doctor Hugin Brimstone, Arithmetics & Alchemy

Professor Pleiades Polaris, Astronomy & Cartography

Professor Guyland Hawke, Flora & Fauna

Professor Drucilla Eldritch, Magic & Healing

Aunt Hymnessamine, Religions & Music

Madame Claymora Feldspar, Arts & Crafts

Monsignor Syrio Fioretto, Combat & Warfare

Pepe Stunkent, the Janitor

And you, sweaty, can we speak to the witness?"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Uh, which one? Dozens of people saw the school disappear, and I've got numerous testimonies from the friends and family members of those that were inside the school that their loved one is missing. I think I've been pretty thorough with this case, miss."

"Hello there, Hoples - how did that marketplace fiasco blow over?

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Greetings, dear Sorrow. Don't you look... errr, lovely this morning. I got out of the Marketplace debaggle with a stern talking-to, but I think it will take some time before the merchants fully trust the Town Watch again. To think it was my assistant behind it all along, only to tarnish my reputation..."

How did you learn of the existence of this "mystery person"?"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Numerous eyewitnesses saw a middle-aged man in simple countryman's clothing enter the school shortly before it disappeared. I have high reason to believe that man is somehow responsible, but I can't possibly follow any lead from such a description."

"Now, I'm no great wizard, but from what you've said, it sounds like the academy isn't in a place we can reach by conventional means.

If we attached ourselves to these Zmail letters, could we ride them into the academy? And could we send a Zmail letter that we were attached to, or would someone else have to send it?"

"Why, that sounds... like an idea! The Z-mail System has been protected from teleporting living organic creatures by themselves, but it can be used to teleport boxes with pets and other animals in them. To send humans... Well, we'd just need a really big box. But since all of Noel's letters have come through mangled, I cannot guarantee that any box could make it through the transportation."

"Alas, it is the only possible way. Heroes, I want you to travel to the Academy through the Z-mail system, save everyone you can, and find a way to return the school here. Can you do that for us?"

"Phew! To teleport a box big enough to fit six people inside... I don't know if that's even possible!"

Everyone turns to look at the party expectingly again.

"If that's the case then we could just minimize ourselves or simply turn ourselves into animals. " He turns to Karie "I notice you have a certain Scroll with drawings of newts, could you use it on us?"

Karie snatches the page from Hoples.

"Thank you... detective. "

"Heckz. Stop peeking. You're acting rude. And I don't think that'll be an issue. We simply need a really big box. And hopefully not get mangled. But if you really want to be turned into a newt, I'll let you know you won't be transformed with your clothes, and it'll wind up messing with your pretty, precious hair!"

She rubs her hands through his hair playfully, ruffling it up a bit.

Heckz quickly gets Karie's hands off his hair. He rearranged his hair and muttered silently "I hope you die in that box." He walks to Valentine Ziegfried "Any chance 6 newts have a guaranteed no-death travel?"

Karie giggles at Heckz remark.

"Heckz, there's one problem with that. The spell lasts for a minute, and is quite the toll on the amount of ether I got flowing through me (ten ether), so there's no knowing how long it will take us to get there, and if we'll run into monsters immediately. I think we'd be safer to just go as ourselves, and not scaly little amphibians."

"Mreoow! <I especially like the taste of newt! A little chewy, but better than frog.>"

Edited by Kintobor

I cross my arms, in thought...

"Hm... Is there any way this Ether Core I ave could make the process smoother?"

Maybe I can finally get use out of this...

"Where're we gonna get a box from? It's not like anyone's left a cupboard lying around anywhere. Though maybe we could borrow someones carriage?"

Erik mumbles, looking around the area.

"I don't suppose one of you mages could magically create a box outta stone? Or perhaps wood, if that's too heavy, but stone oughta protect us better."

Edited by Myrddyn

Karie giggles at Heckz remark.

"Heckz, there's one problem with that. The spell lasts for a minute, and is quite the toll on the amount of ether I got flowing through me (ten ether), so there's no knowing how long it will take us to get there, and if we'll run into monsters immediately. I think we'd be safer to just go as ourselves, and not scaly little amphibians."

"I dont know about that newt transformation... If at all possible, I agree with Kerie, I think we should go as ourselves..."

Edited by -obelix-

Amorith turns to the Provost.

Did the people who witnessed the stranger entering the academy notice anything different about him? An unusual gait perhaps or any prominent facial characteristics?

"Hm... Is there any way this Ether Core I ave could make the process smoother?"

"That item restores ones capacity to channel ether after using magic. I fail to see how it would help in the actual teleportation."

"Where're we gonna get a box from? It's not like anyone's left a cupboard lying around anywhere. Though maybe we could borrow someones carriage?"

Erik mumbles, looking around the area.

"I don't suppose one of you mages could magically create a box outta stone? Or perhaps wood, if that's too heavy, but stone oughta protect us better."

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Errr, if a box is all you need, I'll send my men to fetch for the biggest, sturdiest box they can find."

Detective Hoples gives the orders, and some of the Watchmen leave immediately.

Amorith turns to the Provost.

Did the people who witnessed the stranger entering the academy notice anything different about him? An unusual gait perhaps or any prominent facial characteristics?

"I know nothing of this mysterious person, unfortunately. Maybe you should ask the detective. He's the one who did the interrogation, after all."

Amorith repeats the question to Detective Hoples.

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Apart from the farmer's clothing, the people I talked to could not discern anything out of the ordinary, sorry to say... Well, except that one woman described the man as looking serious."

It takes a while, but the watchmen eventually return carrying a box that would just about fit all six of the heroes.

heroicaquest93-emptylot3.jpg

"Alright then, we've got the means to send you off, but I honestly do not know where, and if you will survive the trip. Are you willing to take the risk?"

"Pleaze, Nuitan iz such a fragile boy. 'E won't survive against monsteurs fur long..."

"You better bring back Lyren with you, or my father will arrange for you to get kicked out of Heroica and exiled from this city!"

"Alright then, we've got the means to send you off, but I honestly do not know where, and if you will survive the trip. Are you willing to take the risk?"

"Pleaze, Nuitan iz such a fragile boy. 'E won't survive against monsteurs fur long..."

"You better bring back Lyren with you, or my father will arrange for you to get kicked out of Heroica and exiled from this city!"

"Do not worry, I assure you we will do our best to bring everyone back safely, and discover the source of the problem. Now, before we depart there are some things I'd like to lend to my fellow heroes for the duration of the quest and in preparation for what is to come; Heckz, Amorith..." Thalion takes out all of his gems aside from Zirconia and offers them to the mages. "Take the ones you might not have..." He turns around, and takes out a set of scrolls "And spread these around with Karie and Erik as best you see fit."

OOC: Sorry for the lack of presence everyone, I was away for a few days and had limited internet access. But now I am back to full capacity! :wink:

Heckz takes Thalion's Diamond, Ruby and Aquamarine. He turns to Valentine Ziegfried " Do not worry miss, you will find I am the bravest and boldest of all and will take the risk as long as it doesn't involve me losing my precious hair." Heckz enters the box.

Karie grabs a Scrolls of Sealing, Scrolls of Weakening, and a Scrolls of Confusion of off Thailon.

"Thanks Thailon, appreciated."

She turns to Amorith looking surprised.

"Wow, I didn't realize you were with us! What's going on with you?"

"Gotee, might I remind you that two of us here faced life and limb to ensure your precious cloth monopoly in Brendenton didn't flop horribly. Good to know our work's appreciated." She rolls her eyes. "Why do I even bother trying to follow my dream when the people who I need to help me keep screwing me over. Fine, let's get this done."

"Mrreoow! <No way I'm getting in that stupid box, Karie, no way!>"

Karie picks Hershey up and rubs her head.

"A school full of monsters is no place for you, Hershey. Go find someone to hang out with, okay? Maybe Masson or that reptile buddy of yours."

"Mreoow- mreoow! <Thank you, Ennoc! Thank you!>"

Karie puts Hershey down and steps in the box, sitting down.

"Heckz, move over! Ugh, I already hate this plan and it hasn't even gotten to the worst part yet. If I don't come back in one piece, I have several regrets."

Edited by Kintobor

"I figured as much..."

I won't ever get rid of these ether cores, will I?

"Well, here goes nothing."

I step into the overly large box and sit into the corner, practically going into fetal position, making myself as small as humanly possible.

"...Well, this is quite an awkward junction. Then again, we've all had some pretty weird exploits, huh?"