Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest#92: The Prophetess and the Warrior

Be_Funky_Screen_Shot_2014_01_14_at_11_jpg_zpsb28acbe1.jpg

The sun is rising in the sky of Eubric as three members of the esteemed Heroica Hall gather outside it's doors. A U'Kin wearing a uniform that some of them know well stands at attention.

55980385-ce4c-4b7f-930e-f3159075492d_zps418be118.jpg

55514cc0-9fca-4504-88e3-08b7b229bfc0_zps6a9e4109.jpg

"It's is a pleasure to see you on this beautiful morning it is a pleasure to see you," he titters. "My name is U'Voros. Are we all present?"

The Party

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco *Party Leader*

Level 24 2/3 Raider *Natural Respite* *Immune to Weakened* *Counterstrike*

Power Bonus
: 0

Defense
: 6

Health
: 40/40 (7+23+7+3)

Gold
: 2059

Equipment
: Great Blade (WP:25, cannot be equipped with a shield, greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to Weakened; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear), Counterstrike Gloves (handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)

Inventory
: Helbaerend (WP:10; water-, ice- and lightning-elemental; hollow (Great Potion); axe), Lion’s Heart (WP:13, darkness-elemental, stun-effect; greatsword), Bagpipes (WP:8, wind-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP:6, spear), Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to darkness; suitable to Black Knights only), Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin), Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Potion, Grand Potion x2, Health Core, Grand Tonic x3, Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence x2,Mead x5, Nostrum x5, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb x2, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Bone x2

9956635584_f76907c613_o.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 29 Mystic Knight, 21-year-old male Human
*Immune to
Fragile
and all
Poisons
*Only Receives One Negative Effect At A Time*

Power Bonus:

Health:
44/44

Ether:
34/34

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Overkill Gloves (
Gives the wearer 1 gold for every point of damage they do extra when they defeat an enemy. (Example: Enemy has 50 HP left, you do 75 damage, you earn 25 gold.)
), Duke's Coat-of-Arms (Protects against
Fragile
and all
Poisons
, SP; 5, suitable for knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators; bodywear), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is
Jinxed
), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7,
50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics
), Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Mulled Wine]), Ammit (Greatsword, WP 6, gains 5 Ether for each kill), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
), Healing Staff (WP:5;
), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3,
stuns
on successful hits, Hollow (-) halberd), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding effect; unsuitable), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes
Jinxed
-effect; throwing weapon; unsuitable), Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear; unsuitable),

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Lens of Speed Reading (
Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users
), Scarf of Misfortune (
Accessory, Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round
), Shackles of War (
Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles
), Cloak of Deception (
Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent
), Sticky Gloves (
Handwear, Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors
), Jester's Hat (
Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy
), Stingy Gloves (
Handwear, wearable by everybody. Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you.
), Zap-Tap Badge (Artefact, Accessory. Has a 1/2 chance to deal
Electric
damage to an opponent who has dealt damage to a hero, equal to the hero's level.),

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls:
2x Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
(
Lent to De'kra
), 2x Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (
Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success
), Scroll of
Poisoning
(
Grants target’s weapon the
Poisoned 10
effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether
), Scroll of
Luck
(
Grants target the
Lucky
-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.
), Scroll of
Weakening

Consumables:
Grand Potion x11, Potion, Remedy x9, Elixir x4, Nostrum x4, Smelling Salts x 3, Mead x4, Jinxy Juice x2, Ether Core, Noxious Venom (
When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.
), Zoot's Plaything, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Tesla Bomb (
Deals 20
Lightnng
-elemental damage to all enemies when thrown. Can only be used once
), Tonic, Grand Tonic x9, Double Rainbow (
Causes the Encouraged- and
Lucky
-effects, but also the
Confused
- and
Poisoned
-effects
), Bright Polish, Ambrosia, Exterlate, Grating Stone, Smoke Bomb x5, Hurricane, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces
, the Super Sleuth

Level 25 2/3 Paladin

Power Bonus:
+5, (In the Front Row)

Defense:
27 (+5, in the Back Row)

Health:
46/46

Ether:
34/34

Gold:

Equipment:
Dual Staff (WP:8,
Ice
Lightning
Fire
Wind
Light
; dual strike; staff), Mythril Shield (SP:20), Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; headwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Heavy Armour (SP:5, Immune to Fragile)

Inventory:
The Muckraker (WP:13,
Earth
Water
Wood
; causes weakened; greatsword), Heavy Flail (WP:5, causes fragile; mace), Flying Cross (WP:6;
Darkness
; broomstick), Steak (WP: 1; instantly kills vampires on successful hits; suitable for all), Fashionable Shield (SP: 7), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; grants immunity to Fire), Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1; Vermin with level less than half of the wearers are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Soothing Slippers (meditation restores 5 ether; footwear), Magic Viper Skin (heals 1 health to wearer each round of battle unless knocked out; accessory), Shackles of War, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blinding, 2 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, 5 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Phoenix Essence, 3 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Smelling Salts, 5 Venoms, 5 Deadly Venoms, 2 Paralyzing Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Magnificent Magniscope (Magnifying Glass/Telescope), 10 Bones, Raw Meat (+5 max. health upon consumption)
Edited by Zepher

OOC: Made a last-minute Marketplace run, I should be down to 348 Gold and should now have 1 more Mead and 2 more Smelling Salts. Also, somewhere along the way my SP:10 Arm Shield got lost, I've added it back now. :sweet: Oh, should also strike through the Ancient crown and anything else I sent off during Tidings--I'll get a list to you in a second.

Ah, Dastan. Those were the days... "Greetings, Master U'Voros, I'm Arthur Regulus--I fought alongside Master Tarn at Drakencourt. It's been far too long since I've had word from Dastan--how has the Empire fared since then?"

OOC: OK, I had already deleted the 2 Grand Tonics from my inventory, so that leaves the Ancient Crown and Sticky Gloves as sent off for Grogmas. We'll see if Sandy lets Ella respond before we meet her in person. :poke:

"Oh, Master Tarn, since you're the only one of us who can use these, I'll let you hang on to them for now. And here, you have more need of this helmet than me at the moment, you can borrow it as well." Arthur smiles and lends Tarn his Unlucky Horseshoe, his Gladiator Trident, and his Spider Leg spear, as well as his Helmet of the Duplovian guard. "Master...Monk, is it? You should hang onto Ammit, my Staff of Ennon, and one of my Healing Staves while we're on this Quest."

Edited by Flipz

As I exit the doors of Heroica Hall, I am greeted by a queer face.

I give the odd man a stare or two before another hero begins loading me down with his weapons, which I accept gratefully enough.

"Many thanks, lad! I don't recall meeting you before, but my memory does fail me at times. You know the other member of our team?"

I hand Arthur Three Bones.

"You may not need them, but these things have gotten me out of a scrap more than once. Well...not me, but someone I know..."

Arthur nods, accepting the Bones. "Master Tarn of Valco. We fought together, briefly, in Dastan--he and a former friend of mine were instrumental in aiding the princess during their Quest, and I was one of the ones who fought to save her from Chaos Beasts during the battle in the palace." A shadow passes briefly over his face. "Speaking of which, Tarn--when we get a chance back in the Hall, we should speak. There are some...details...of the night we defeated Wren that you deserve to know." He clears his throat. "But that's a conversation for another time. Master U'Voros, is there anything we should know before we meet with Princess Ella?"

"Princess? Which princess? I thought we were meeting a prophetess not a princess. Seems people's writing leaves something to be desired these days. So many misspellings. This quest could be less interesting than I thought..." I trail off and listen in as Arthur begins talking to Tarn about defeating some wren.

"A wren? You defeated a wren. Do those come in giant sizes these days? Otherwise, it's hardly an accomplishment worth boasting about?"

"Princess? Which princess? I thought we were meeting a prophetess not a princess. Seems people's writing leaves something to be desired these days. So many misspellings. This quest could be less interesting than I thought..." I trail off and listen in as Arthur begins talking to Tarn about defeating some wren.

"A wren? You defeated a wren. Do those come in giant sizes these days? Otherwise, it's hardly an accomplishment worth boasting about?"

Arthur whips his head back to face Pretzel, and for a brief moment there is fire in his eyes before it is quickly extinguished. "Be glad you do not know of the Dark Lady. Good people died to protect this city from her."

"As for Princess Ella--she is both. Princess and prophetess, Septrine and seer, heir to the throne and heir to the Spirit Pools."

OOC: Came so close to making an LotR reference, but I'll let it be in case Zeph wants to make it later. :tongue:

"So I'm guessing the 'Dark Lady,' as you called her, is not the princess?" I state somewhat confused.

Seems like a temperamental lad, this one.

Edited by Palathadric

OoC: I'll do all the swap-a-roos once Tarn checks in. :wink:

Ah, Dastan. Those were the days... "Greetings, Master U'Voros, I'm Arthur Regulus--I fought alongside Master Tarn at Drakencourt. It's been far too long since I've had word from Dastan--how has the Empire fared since then?"

"The Empire has been thriving," cries the nervous U'Kin. "Reconstruction of structures lost in the Battle of Drakencourt has given many jobs, including Pongcanis, Teuthisal, and us U'Kin have gotten jobs helping to rebuild. As you probably further know, as per the request of one of your Heroes, and on the insistence of Emperor Victor, there is a U'Kin commander of the Dragon Knights have a U'Kin commander - a U'Kin commander is something unheard of until now."

"There are troubles, of course there are troubles, but we deal with the troubles the best we can. War brews in the nations around us are looking at war; Charis and Laticum are both in turmoil often. But Dastan is strong and proud and strong, and so Dastan will stand and continue to grow. It is as Lady Septrine puts it when the other apprentices to the Oracle ask Lady Septrine if the Empire is doing well: if the Empire was not doing well, then her father would not be comfortable sending Lady Septrine to study being a seer."

Tarn Bowed formally to the U'Kin. "It is good to know that Dastan stands strong despite the evil plots that ravaged it before. I am honoured to be of service to you and your great nation once again."

He recognised both of the other members of the Quest - Arthur he had met in Dastan and the Monk fellow he had spotted in the Hall often enough. Both seemed eccentric in their own ways, but Tarn was not going to let that put him off. He was to see Ella, and help her again!

He spoke to Arthur and Pretzel: "If I have any artifacts or weapons that either of you can make use of, please say so. It would behoove us to be as prepared as we can."

Totally ran out of time to go shopping, didn't I? It is a bit of a character flaw of Tarns. he is never ready for a Quest!

I nod towards the raider.

"No immediately pressing needs at the moment," I mutter with a shrug.

"Thank you for the Opal, it has already enabled me to destroy many pestilential creatures who were attacking a man's farm."

Do you think I should loan the Duplovian Helmet to Tarn?

OOC: I already lent him mine. :tongue: Rumble, I've got Scrolls and consumables, so if you need anything, just ask. :wink:

While checking his gear and preparations, Arthur slots an Elixir into the Hollow Blade of his Duplovian Swift Halberd.

"Master Tarn, other than using that horseshoe as your main weapon--trust me, it's worth it--my only other suggestion would be to equip that amulet of yours in place of your Counterstrike gloves, at least for the moment." :wink:

The Party

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

Tarn Valco *Party Leader*

Level 24 2/3 Raider *Natural Respite* *Immune to Weakened* *Counterstrike*

Power Bonus
: 0

Defense
: 6

Health
: 40/40 (7+23+7+3)

Gold
: 2059

Equipment
: Great Blade (WP:25, cannot be equipped with a shield, greatsword), Darksteel Armor (SP:6, Max. Health +3, Immunity to Weakened; bodywear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear), Counterstrike Gloves (handwear, after the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level)

Inventory
: Helbaerend (WP:10; water-, ice- and lightning-elemental; hollow (Great Potion); axe), Lion’s Heart (WP:13, darkness-elemental, stun-effect; greatsword), Bagpipes (WP:8, wind-elemental instrument), Fauxthril Spear (WP:6, spear), Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to darkness; suitable to Black Knights only), Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin), Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), Potion, Grand Potion x2, Health Core, Grand Tonic x3, Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence x2,Mead x5, Nostrum x5, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb x2, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bucket, Bone x2, Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding effect; unsuitable), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes
Jinxed
-effect; throwing weapon; unsuitable), Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear; unsuitable), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing)

9956635584_f76907c613_o.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 29 Mystic Knight, 21-year-old male Human
*Immune to
Fragile
and all
Poisons
*Only Receives One Negative Effect At A Time*

Power Bonus:

Health:
44/44

Ether:
34/34

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Overkill Gloves (
Gives the wearer 1 gold for every point of damage they do extra when they defeat an enemy. (Example: Enemy has 50 HP left, you do 75 damage, you earn 25 gold.)
), Duke's Coat-of-Arms (Protects against
Fragile
and all
Poisons
, SP; 5, suitable for knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators; bodywear), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors; headwear), Arm Shield (SP: 10)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is
Jinxed
), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7,
50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics
), Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Mulled Wine]), Healing Staff (WP:5;
), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3,
stuns
on successful hits, Hollow (Elixer) halberd)

Artifacts:
Lens of Speed Reading (
Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users
), Scarf of Misfortune (
Accessory, Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round
), Shackles of War (
Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles
), Cloak of Deception (
Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent
), Jester's Hat (
Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy
), Stingy Gloves (
Handwear, wearable by everybody. Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you.
), Zap-Tap Badge (Artefact, Accessory. Has a 1/2 chance to deal
Electric
damage to an opponent who has dealt damage to a hero, equal to the hero's level.),

Gems:
Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls:
2x Scroll of
Blindness
, Scroll of
Sealing
(
Lent to De'kra
), 2x Scroll of
Confusion
, Scroll of
Sleep
, Scroll of
Frailty
, Scroll of Armor Sundering (
Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success
), Scroll of
Poisoning
(
Grants target’s weapon the
Poisoned 10
effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether
), Scroll of
Luck
(
Grants target the
Lucky
-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.
), Scroll of
Weakening

Consumables:
Grand Potion x11, Potion, Remedy x9, Elixir x3, Nostrum x4, Smelling Salts x 3, Mead x4, Jinxy Juice x2, Ether Core, Noxious Venom (
When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Badly Poisoned
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.
), Zoot's Plaything, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Tesla Bomb (
Deals 20
Lightnng
-elemental damage to all enemies when thrown. Can only be used once
), Tonic, Grand Tonic x9, Double Rainbow (
Causes the Encouraged- and
Lucky
-effects, but also the
Confused
- and
Poisoned
-effects
), Bright Polish, Ambrosia, Exterlate, Grating Stone, Smoke Bomb x5, Hurricane, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.), 3 Bones

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces
, the Super Sleuth

Level 25 2/3 Paladin

Power Bonus:
+5, (In the Front Row)

Defense:
27 (+5, in the Back Row)

Health:
46/46

Ether:
34/34

Gold:

Equipment:
Dual Staff (WP:8,
Ice
Lightning
Fire
Wind
Light
; dual strike; staff), Mythril Shield (SP:20), Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; headwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Heavy Armour (SP:5, Immune to Fragile)

Inventory:
The Muckraker (WP:13,
Earth
Water
Wood
; causes weakened; greatsword), Heavy Flail (WP:5, causes fragile; mace), Flying Cross (WP:6;
Darkness
; broomstick), Steak (WP: 1; instantly kills vampires on successful hits; suitable for all), Fashionable Shield (SP: 7), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; grants immunity to Fire), Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1; Vermin with level less than half of the wearers are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Soothing Slippers (meditation restores 5 ether; footwear), Magic Viper Skin (heals 1 health to wearer each round of battle unless knocked out; accessory), Shackles of War, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blinding, 2 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, 5 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Phoenix Essence, 3 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Smelling Salts, 5 Venoms, 5 Deadly Venoms, 2 Paralyzing Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Magnificent Magniscope (Magnifying Glass/Telescope), 7 Bones, Raw Meat (+5 max. health upon consumption), Ammit (Greatsword, WP 6, gains 5 Ether for each kill), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff (WP:5;
)

"Master Tarn Valco, it is a pleasure to meet you Master Tarn Valco. I have heard much about you and the other heroes I've heard much about. The noble Thothwick who insisted on there being a U'Kin leader of the Dragon Knights, the powerful Nyx whom you saved Mallelio alongside, and of course the man Atramor, who is painted as gray but whom Lady Septrine respects." The U'Kin bows back. "But I believe I have heard of Tarn Valco the most."

"If you would all be so kind to follow me if you'd be so kind," the U'Kin says as he begins to lead the heroes towards the Hovels. "I will admit that I am surprised that so many heroes signed up to track down a fairy tale. I would be bereft if I spoke ill of the royal family I'd be bereft, but even so I believe that Lady Septrine is dreaming of stories from her youth, and not the truth I believe." The U'Kin glances back at the confused heroes. "Are the tales of The Prophetess and the Warrior not common here in Uland are you not familiar with the tales? They are very popular in Dastan- told to the children of the Empire and the Rito Nation alike. Some say that even the Dragons tell the tales to their young. Do you know them?"

"The problem with fairy tales in my line of work is that either some lunatic tries to re-enact them by playing the role of the villain, or else it turns out they are true...terrifyingly true, in the worst possible way. That said...I haven't heard of this one. I don't suppose it's a heartwarming tale of a brave warrior who pledges to defend the prophetess from all evil amidst a backdrop of sunshine and rainbows, is it?"

Edited by Flipz

Tarn unequips the Counterstrike Gloves and the Noble Mask, and equips the Amulet of U'Kin Nobility and the Duplovian Helmet.

"I am surprised my name is so revered, there were a great many heroes who helped Dastan, I was but one, and some of my choices were not so wise. But let us not dwell on things we cannot change.

Much like Arthur, I have not heard of this fairy tale either, it never reached the mountains of Titaan. Please, Master U'Voros, regale us."

OOC: I guess the other things given are unsuitable to his class, so may as well take them back.

Edited by Rumble Strike

OOC: no, that's a copy/paste error; you can use throwing weapons (Rogue) and spears (Barbarian). :wink:

Are the tales of The Prophetess and the Warrior not common here in Uland are you not familiar with the tales? They are very popular in Dastan- told to the children of the Empire and the Rito Nation alike. Some say that even the Dragons tell the tales to their young. Do you know them?"

I tune out as the weirdo launches into a monologue, but then here the last bit only.

Sapping out of my reverie. "Know them? Know who? I have encountered both the Ritos and the Dragons of Dastan and have a good reputation with both. Do you know the great dragon Retraga?"

Tarn said to Pretzel, "I think U'Voros means, do we know the stories, not the Rito or dragons. Although it is good to know you have also travelled far in your Heroica career, Monk Pretzel."

Sapping out of my reverie. "Know them? Know who? I have encountered both the Ritos and the Dragons of Dastan and have a good reputation with both. Do you know the great dragon Retraga?"

"I have never met that great Dragon, no, but I have heard of a group of heroes curing her. Relationships are good between the Rito, Dragons and the Empire, but that does not mean that we mingle much though relationships are good. I am glad you have been to Dastan as well and that makes me glad. Those who have been tested by my land are truly strong."

"I don't suppose it's a heartwarming tale of a brave warrior who pledges to defend the prophetess from all evil amidst a backdrop of sunshine and rainbows, is it?"

"Not exactly, but that's not too far off either. It is said that when the world was much younger there was a Prophetess and a Warrior when the world was much younger. The Prophetess had visions of far away places often, and saw in the visions beauty and wonder in lands such as Baltarok, Ennon, Dastan, the Lion Knight Empire, Xu. The Prophetess wanted to sail to them, but the world was much more dark and dangerous then, and less was known, of course less was known and the Prophetess did not feel safe. The Prophetess wished a companion to keep her safe, but all the knights in the Prophetess' land were too afraid to go with the Prophetess until a childhood friend of the Prophetess' named the Warrior stepped up and agreed to sail with the Prophetess."

"There are hundreds of stories of their adventures there are hundreds of stories. As you may imagine, the Prophetess and Warrior saw every land on Olegia and in the process fell in love. The two saw many wonders - the old Great Dragons, the Ancient and True Paladin Order, the Lifespark, the Old Gods, the Chimera itself."

"Sadly, at the end of the tale there was a force that they could not overcome, that the Warrior could not fight and the Prophetess did not see. Their ship, sailing between Ennon and Dastan, was hit by a huge wave and was destroyed and they drowned. With them, in a chest, it is said they carried a book detailing all their travels. It contains many wonders of days gone by, drawn and detailed with writing. This is, of course, only a fairy tale... but Lady Septrine had been visited by bad dreams that are telling her otherwise."

The heroes arrive at the gates of the Hovels just as the story is completed.

heroicaquest85-hovelgate.jpg

heroicaquest85-geezard.jpg

"Name and business," grumbles the old watch man.

Tarn frowned. "I don't remember a gate being here, but then it was several seasons ago we stopped the threat of the Grey Plague. Perhaps tensions have run high of late, whilst my adventures have taken me elsewhere."

Tarn stood up to his full height and politely spoke to the Town Watch: "My name is Tarn, with me are Arthur Regulus III and the Monk, Pretzel. We are here to visit the Oracle's Shrine, on the request of one of the novices there."

Edited by Rumble Strike

I not towards the guards as Tarn speaks and then speak myself diplomatically.

"Monk Pretzel, friend of the Town Watch. Just came from helping Inspector Warlock Hoples uncover a mystery at the marketplace actually. As the lad said, we're here to visit the Oracle's Shrine."

Tarn frowned. "I don't remember a gate being here, but then it was several seasons ago we stopped the threat of the Grey Plague. Perhaps tensions have run high of late, whilst my adventures have taken me elsewhere."

Tarn stood up to his full height and politely spoke to the Town Watch: "My name is Tarn, with me are Arthur Regulus III and the Monk, Pretzel. We are here to visit the Oracle's Shrine, on the request of one of the novices there."

Arthur nudges Tarn. "The Seventh, actually. Though I'm told my great-great-grandfather was an excellent salsa dancer, a talent that was not passed through the generations, sadly." Arthur grins widely.

"Name and business," grumbles the old watch man.

"You know damn well who I am," Arthur says jovially with a smirk. "Ex-Private Regulus, no longer reporting for duty. Anything interesting happen in the Hovels while I was gone?" he asks Diplomatically.

Edited by Flipz

"Yeah, I know who you are, kid," grumps Geezard. "There's always something interesting happening in the hovels. It's our job to make sure that it keeps happening in the Hovels and not the rest of the city."

heroicaquest85-giselle.jpg

"Oh, Hoples, don't even get me started on him. You're the hero that helped him keep his job," Giselle shrugs. "Ah well. Nothing wrong with going to the Oracle's Shrine, I guess. Don't understand why she keeps it in there, I'm sure the houses would be willing to pay and build her a newer one in a nicer part of town."

The guards open the gates for the heroes and quickly slam them shut after them. U'Voros looks over his shoulder at the wall as he continues to lead the way.

"When you were in Dastan, Tarn, you helped us destroy Emperor Brunt's wall when you were in Dastan. It separated us U'Kin and other 'lesser' races from the humans. Why do you not help destroy this wall as well?"

"I hope they let us out more easily than they let us in...or at least just as easily," I fret. "Doesn't seem like Warlock Hoples is the most highly-regarded member of the Town Watch. Arthur--was it?--you claim to have been a member of the Town Watch, not sure if you were just bluffing though, did you ever meet Inspector/Detective Hoples?"

"I hope they let us out more easily than they let us in...or at least just as easily," I fret. "Doesn't seem like Warlock Hoples is the most highly-regarded member of the Town Watch. Arthur--was it?--you claim to have been a member of the Town Watch, not sure if you were just bluffing though, did you ever meet Inspector/Detective Hoples?"

"Not personally, no...I might have heard the name once or twice. He was recruit, just before I left for R'klif. Constable Giselle's reaction seemed to be pretty standard though--I don't recall anything I heard being positive. That was more than half a year ago, though, so..." He shrugs. "You get all sorts in the Watch--granted, Patricia seems to do a better job of keeping out the lunatics than the Veterans do with us, but...well, who am I to complain?" Now that I think of it, could that be the real reason I was fired? "What about you? What was that about a mystery in the Marketplace? And you mentioned you'd been to Dastan as well--did you make that trip with a Sorcerer named De'kra, by any chance?"

Edited by Flipz

"U'Voros, I did not know that this wall existed. I doubt the four of us alone could do anything about it for now. And Brunt's Wall was cursed, which complicated matters. I doubt an angry, vengeful, multiplying spirit inhabits this wall." He shivered, remembering his time spent with Atramor facing off against the undead Emperor.

"And my apologies Master Regulus, for incorrectly stating your long lineage. It was an oversight, I must be distracted by the thought of seeing my darling Ella again."