Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

New Brickfilm Academy

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a brickfilming forum be added to Eurobricks?

• Yes
    • No
    • What would I care - I'm not a brickfilmer!

I have been bugging certain admins for a period of time now about perhaps adding a brickfilm forum to Eurobricks as I know there are quite a few brickfilmers among us, and I thought I would see what the Eurobricks community would think about the idea.

And before you ask "What about Brickfilms.com?", I think that costs money to add films to their directory - something the Eurobricks forum would not.

So speak up, and voice your thoughts! I hope you share the same opinion as I do. :classic:

Captain Zuloo

EDIT: The tutorial list is here!

Note: Itallic text links to software downloads.

Brickfilming Tutorial Management List

Techniques

Walking at 24fps - ????

Walking at 15fps - Captain Zuloo

Walking at 10fps -SupremeCommanderGrievous

Running at 15fps - ????

Running at 10fps - SupremeCommanderGrievous

Jumping at 15fps - ????

Jumping at 10fps - SupremeCommanderGrievous

Set-Up

Camera Settings - Zorro3999

Lighting - Zorro3999

Animation

Basic Animation for Windows on SMA - Captain Zuloo

Advanced Animation for Windows on SMA- ????

Basic Animation for Windows on AnimatorDV - ????

Advanced Animation for Windows on AnimatorDV - ????

Animation for Mac on Frame by Frame - SupremeCommanderGrievous

Editing

Converting Video in Prism Video Converter - Captain Zuloo

Editing for Windows on Windows Movie Maker - Captain Zuloo

Editing for Mac on iMovie - SupremeCommanderGrievous

Sound

Recording Sound in Audacity - Nich Artri

Visual Effects

Coming Soon - there is a fair lot to get through.

All of the above programs are either free or free trials for you to use in your brickfilms.

We need more people to make some tutorials though! If you would like to do a tutorial for something either on the list or something else, reply in this thread letting me know and I'll add you to the list.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I voted yes because I like to see the brickfilms creations, but I'm not a brickfilmer ^^

I voted yes because I like to see the brickfilms creations.

Good on ya lad! Your favourite is Oceans on End #1 - The Island isn't it.

I also voted yes, no idea how to Brickfilm, but you could add a tutorial on how to do that in the new forum. I like seeing all the different creations.

You could add a tutorial on how to do that in the new forum.

That's kind of like asking for a tutorial of how to play the tuba - a task to big to fit into 1 tutorial. Although if you want to learn, PM me and we could work something out...

Who have you been asking? This is the first I have heard of it... :tongue:

(You won't get an opinion from me, but I will discuss this with other staff. :wink: )

Who have you been asking? This is the first I have heard of it... :tongue:

(You won't get an opinion from me, but I will discuss this with other staff. :wink: )

Largley Bonaparte and Mister Phes. I generally don't wander too far out of the pirate forum. And what do I need the opinion of a walrus anyway? :tongue:

Good on ya lad! Your favourite is Oceans on End #1 - The Island isn't it.

It is if you say that my moc for the PTV is the best one :P

and btw, when will you release the other episodes of Oceans on End ? ^^

It is if you say that my moc for the PTV is the best one :P

and btw, when will you release the other episodes of Oceans on End ? ^^

Of course it is! (After mine)

I have been really tired lately and every time I have sat down to film, I have made really stupid mistakes. So I will need to find a weekend that I can sit down and work on the film. So I'm guessing within the next 1 - 2 months.

Largley Bonaparte and Mister Phes.

Ahhh! Well if Bonaparte has spoken then I'm cool to agree with him. Last time the staff discussed stuff like this we decided to hold off further change/additions until next year.

And what do I need the opinion of a walrus anyway? :tongue:

:cry_sad: I'll remember this...

Ahhh! Well if Bonaparte has spoken then I'm cool to agree with him. Last time the staff discussed stuff like this we decided to hold off further change/additions until next year.

Although he seemed pretty keen to get into action...

As I said, it will be discussed. :wink:

Thanks. I would like to see what the other EB members think about it though. And thanks heaps for the new tag - you evil, evil walrus! You know I eat walrus for dinner whenever possible? And I might add, I'm coming on the Grander to see you! :devil:

I voted yes as well, I think it would be a nice addition.

And it would attrackt more attention/people to the pirates forum.

Hm, since there are not that many Brickfilms that I have seen on this site, they all kind of fit with their respective themes, and if nothing else, the "Other Themes" forum. So I voted no, but it's great if this idea draws more Brickfilmers. By the way, you might want to change your poll so that it's not multiple answer. :wink:

By the way, you might want to change your poll so that it's not multiple answer. :wink:

What do you mean? How is it a poll without multiple answers? That makes no sense - at least not to me!

What do you mean? How is it a poll without multiple answers? That makes no sense - at least not to me!

He meant your current poll enable members to click multiple options. It's not supposed to allow members to select both yes and no at one click. :classic:

He meant your current poll enable members to click multiple options. It's not supposed to allow members to select both yes and no at one click. :classic:

Thanks for that. Problem Solved! :classic:

Yes, but I just realized I haven't made a film in ages.

I voted yes as well. It would be cool if it could be like the review forum, that some teachers give :thumbup: or :thumbdown: , and you get bronze, silver and gold tags the better you get and the more :thumbup: :s you get.

I voted yes as well. It would be cool if it could be like the review forum, that some teachers give :thumbup: or :thumbdown: , and you get bronze, silver and gold tags the better you get and the more :thumbup: :s you get.

Problem with that is, it's much easier to make a bad brickfilm than a bad MOC or review and people do it more often, so chances are you might give out a reveiw that hurts the person's feelings. So you would need to be careful.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Having made one Brickfilm and working on several more, I voted Yes. I believe that EB would be a superb environment for critiquing each-other's Brickfilms, as well as a place to post questions and tutorials. Additionally, I would be willing to contribute to some tutorials if requested.

PS. A link to my most recent film can be found in my sig.

I voted "No"

I think, IMO, that it is too specific of a genre for it's own forum. The idea is certainly great, but not practicable.

To me, I believe that a brickfilm should go in the forum the film is about. A Historic film, goes into History and Adventure.

Plus, there doesn't seem to be that many brickfilms being posted, so it could be a forum that is updated once in a while.

And before you ask "What about Brickfilms.com?", I think that costs money to add films to their directory - something the Eurobricks forum would not.

Since when did brickfilms.com request money in order to add a brickfilm into the directory?? It was always free before, you just submitted it and if it had acceptable aspects to it, it was added. Unless of course the "new administration" started doing so. In which I would have no clue since I have left it since their involvement ( :sad: ).

It would be cool if it could be done, but I don't see it being that successful.

I voted "No"

I think, IMO, that it is too specific of a genre for it's own forum. The idea is certainly great, but not practicable.

To me, I believe that a brickfilm should go in the forum the film is about. A Historic film, goes into History and Adventure.

Plus, there doesn't seem to be that many brickfilms being posted, so it could be a forum that is updated once in a while.

Then do you think Brickfilms should at least each get their own thread in their respective forum, or stay at Brickfilms.com?

Then do you think Brickfilms should at least each get their own thread in their respective forum, or stay at Brickfilms.com?

I think they should get their own opinion. There aren't that many brickfilms being posted here as there is no forum. I think it would attract more members too. And besides, I probably shouldn't say this, but I think EB is a much more friendly and welcoming community than brickfilms.com.