Sign in to follow this  
tuber

Brickworld: How do you transport MOCs?

hello all,

sorry if this is already a topic :pir-blush: but are any of you going to brick world if so do you have any tips for transporting mocs?

thanks

tuber.

First of all, this doesn't belong here, but that's too late to change.

Here's what I do.

-Take pictures of it beforehand so you know exactly what it looks like.

-Take off and bag all loose parts/sections and minifigs/accessories.

-Run your hand all along the MOC again to make sure all loose parts are off.

-Find a cardboard box. An ideal one would be one that fits around the MOC snugly, and is also sealed throughout. Many boxes have holes in the bottom.

-Take large Ziplock bags and blow into them until they are full of air. Place these in large open areas around the MOC.

-Place the bags of loose parts inside of the box.

-Seal up the box with packing tape. Make sure to bring some sort of knife to open it up afterwards. Bringing more tape to pack it up again is also useful.

Exactly as Ricecracker said, it also depends on how big your MOC is of course.

Make sure the MOC in the box is sealed well so it can hardly move around in there, avoiding major damage.

I have to take my own car instead of the train to an upcoming event this time since it's just too big. :pir_laugh2:

I believe dear Ricecracker has mentioned everything already, following his tips should guarantee your MOC safety.

Transporting MOCs? Nope.

Transporting topics? It's never too late, Ricey! :tongue:

Moved. :wink:

Like this:

P1050666.jpg

This was my van the Thursday morning of Brickworld!

:thumbup:

Always pack carefully!

Very interesting topic! Thanks for bringing it up.

First I photograph all of my creations with loads of photos. Some that don't even get seen by the online community. Usually this if for the creations that don't have a straight forward build and may need a bit of tinkering while at BrickWorld. Then with all of my smaller creations I will just take them apart a little to fit in one of my many PAB cups. (Some of the creations share PAB cups too.) Then I put those creations in a med. size tub. It just depends on how many PAB cups I fill depends on the size of the tub I put them in. Then for my dioramas I will get a med. container for each one and use either packing peanuts or paper towels/tissue paper to fill other empty space in the container. All of the loose parts on the dio are put into a small bag and then thrown in the appropriate tub for each creation. Last year when I had two creations over 3 feet long I had to leave those mostly build and just put them right into the trunk with a large tarp thrown over them. It looked like:

3636701839_f1a429f20b.jpg

Of course this year I'm being a little more careful with everything and using more containers mostly because I'm bringing more smaller creations and alot of med. sized dios.

Also don't forget your minifig bin. Never know if you may need it. I forgot mine last year. :tongue:

Good luck!