Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Two

001.jpg

Eugene makes a mint at The Green Door Tavern tonight. It's amazing how people want to get drunk when faced with their own mortality. He locks up the door after a successful night. He should know the good news won't last long. His face is being shown and it's a night phase.

002.jpg

Instead of walking straight upstairs to his apartment, he takes a moment to shout to the empty street, "I'm a drug addict! Wahoooooooo!!!"

003.jpg

And he goes on like this. "Wa-freaking-doodley-hoo! I'm so excited that I'm a drug addict! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!" He exclaims to the empty street. But it appears it's not so empty. He's attracted the attention of a dark figure that has been lurking in the gloomy, obscure, dusky darkness of the night, specifically the darker place between two buildings; the shady, gloomy space.

"I'm going to go home and smoke some blow and do a line of crack!" Eugene continues.

004.jpg

The dark, dusky, obscure, gloomy figure approaches and Eugene turns to face him.

"Hey druggie," it says, "Ever do a line of bullets?"

Ratatatatatatatatatatat!

005.jpg

And that is the end of Eugene (Eskallon) and definitely the very end of his head. This is bad news for those who want the crime rate to drop in Moonlight. Eugene is a member of the Town.

006.jpg

In the morning, the citizens of Moonlight gather to hear the result of yesterday's conviction.

"I have great news!" Ivan exclaims. Everyone begins to chatter in excited anticipation.

"I run buy one getting one free special on breakfast this morning," Ivan proclaims proudly, "However, bad news is that Benji (Big Cam) was a member of the Town and so was Mr. Eugene whose head is a puddle of brains and skull fragments outside of his place of business over there."

"How late is breakfast served?" Someone asks.

007.jpg

"Now wait just a minute!" Agent Victoria shouts as she, once again, pushes her way through the crowd.

008.jpg

"Where is Benji?" Agent Victoria asks, "You guys promised you weren't going to lynch anybody and I trusted you. Now, what have you done with Benji?"

009.jpg

"By strange coincidence, somebody has shot Mr. Benji and left him in the exact spot where his character dies in play." Ivan explains, "But we have two for one breakfast this morning. Breakfast ends at ten."

010.jpg

"Oh, poor Benji," Agent Victoria sighs, "You know, is strange. I mean it's strange. What an odd coincidence they would choose to kill Benji. Oh well. Carry on."

And with that, Agent Victoria goes back to her FBI work.

011.jpg

And the citizens of Moonlight once again begin discussing who amongst them could be scum.

Day Two has begun. You may not vote within the first 24 hours.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player)
  3. You are only allowed one unvote per game day. :devil_laugh:
  4. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  5. If you do not reach a conviction, there will be a penalty...
  6. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  7. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  8. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  10. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  11. You may not edit your posts.
  12. You must post in every day thread.
  13. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  14. Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.

Players

barbara.jpg

Barbara, a yoga instructor, married to Boris, played by Bob The Construction Man

boris.jpg

Boris, a pawn shop owner, married to Barbara, played by Brickdoctor

catya.jpg

Catya, a college student, engaged to yan, played by The Crazy One

denis.jpg

Denis, a construction worker, played by def

dmitri.jpg

Dmitri, a highway patrol officer, married to Raya, played by Dragonator

donil.jpg

Donil, a police officer, brother of Nika and Timur, played by Waterbrick Down

elena.jpg

Elena, a college professor, played by Inconspicuous

falicia.jpg

Falicia, a delivery woman, married to Patrick, played by Fugazi

irene.jpg

Irene, an artist, married to Benji, played by iamded

max.jpg

Max, a lawyer, played by Masked Builder

nika.jpg

Nika, a firefighter, sister of Donil and Timur, played by CorneliusMurdock

patrick.jpg

Patrick, a firefighter, married to Falicia, played by Pandora

petr.jpg

Petr, a construction worker, played by Zepher

petra.jpg

Petra, a nurse, played by Peanuts

polina.jpg

Polina, a Moonlight Transit Authority (MTA) employee, played by CallMePieOrDie

raya.jpg

Raya, a real estate agent, married to Dmitri, played by Rick

ruslana.jpg

Ruslana, the chief of Police, played by Quarryman

ruxana.jpg

Ruxana, a pilot, played by Roncanator

samuel.jpg

Samuel, retired mechanic, married to Sarah, played by Sandy

sarah.jpg

Sarah, retired piano teacher, married to Samuel, played by Sirius Black

stanislav.jpg

Stanislav, brewery manager, played by Shadows

timur.jpg

Timur, a firefighter, brother of Donil and Nika, played by Captain Tamamono

vera.jpg

Vera, a highway patrol officer, played by KartoffelViking

wilem.jpg

Wilem, a Moonlight Transist Authority (MTA) employee, played by White Fang

yan.jpg

Yan, a college student, played by Jim Butcher

yuri.jpg

Yuri, a personal trainer, played by badboytje88

The Deceased

benji_dead.jpg

Benji, a businessman, married to Irene, played by Big Cam - convicted on Day One (Town)

eugene_dead.jpg

Eugene, a manager of The Green Door Tavern, played by Eskallon - murdered on Night One (Town)

Reserves

Millacol88

cralegoboy

bendybadger

Non-playing Characters

00_npc_ivan.jpg

Ivan, deli owner, widower of Florence

00_npc_steve.jpg

Steve, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to The Cross-Dressing Construction Man

00_npc_cdc.jpg

The Cross-Dressing Construction Man, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to Steve

00_npc_veronica.jpg

Agent Veronica, an FBI agent

Oh my what a night. First we've convicted an innocent Townie Benji and then our local Town drug addict gets murdered. I never would have wished for Eugene (or Benji) to die. But Eugene kind of had it coming to himself. He drew to much attention to himself on the first day. I'm kind of surprised nobody protected him...

Poor Benji and Eugene... Well, we didn't have a strong case against Benji, anyway, but the other options did seem weaker, at least to me.

Now, I want to talk a bit about my inability to vote yesterday. If you counted the votes that Benji got last night, the tally said 15 votes yet there were only 14 names on the list. My name was not among the non-voters, either. That means someone hijacked my vote and placed it on Benji. This made me worry that Benji was Town after all, but it was too late to say anything at that point, with the play going on and all that jazz.

There might be some other explanation as to why I couldn't vote yesterday, but this is the best I could come up after thinking about it. If it happens again today, you can declare me the most useless Townie in town - I cannot vote, I cannot do anything at night, nothing but run my mouth. :sceptic:

Two townies down, hopefully losing them won't be in vain and that something good will come out of it.

How would the scum have voted knowing that Benji was a townie? Scum are likely to be found both among the voters and the non-voters, some trying to push the conviction, others flying under the radar. There are so many of us it's difficult to single out suspicious behaviours, but given some time and with the help of night clues I am confident the vote today will be better informed that yesterday's.

Now, I want to talk a bit about my inability to vote yesterday. If you counted the votes that Benji got last night, the tally said 15 votes yet there were only 14 names on the list. My name was not among the non-voters, either. That means someone hijacked my vote and placed it on Benji. This made me worry that Benji was Town after all, but it was too late to say anything at that point, with the play going on and all that jazz.

This is interesting. Let's see if it happens again today, and if you're still the target of this hijacking.

Benji! Nooooo! :cry_sad: My dear beloved husband! What is this town coming to, that we must lynch our own. Me mustn't let Benji's death be in vain!

That, and I haven't seen his will yet. I get to keep the house, right?!? :oh3:

Anywhom, I sort of trailed off and began painting yesterday. There was so much chatter and jibber-jabber, looking for any useful information there was like picking through a garbage tip for unbroken art supplies. Which I hopefully won't have to go back to, fingers crossed regarding Benji's will...

I pondered the option of not voting on day 1 and how that would consequence us all. I was sort of resigned to the fact that we'd be voting off a townie, as statistically that's the highest probable result. Right? I mean, I'm an artist, not a mathematician, but it's pretty obvious with so many of us here. I didn't find any arguments compelling enough to join in on the vote, and being distracted with my art didn't end up voting. I didn't even realise it was own husband who was lynched until the start of the play, but the play was so compelling I had dared not interrupt it.

Anyway, now that I've hopefully explained any questions that may be asked, I can focus on focusing on the chatter of today, and hopefully find or present some compelling arguments leading to the conviction of a scummy Mafioso! Erm, after my nap that is. :wink:

Eugene was my only ally. This is the final message I received from him.

If it turns out the other way round and I was to die. There would be two suspects, the first being Captain Tamamono, and the second Nika. If i die I believe that it may be Captain Tamamono most so investigate him first. I have spoken to him a few times but I havent told him anything yet.

Please bear in mind that is who he suspects, he had no evidence, but it certainly warrants further research. I myself awoke with a headache this morning, which I'm supposing means that I was blocked in the night. While this does not help me confirm my role of VANILLA townie, it does allow me to fully assure everyone that I am not a killer.

I'm afraid our suspect list was not slimmed down as much as we'd wanted, but we did learn of Samuel's strange voting. It's something to look into, and seems to be a town assuring thing to happen to one, assuming he's not scum that has the ability to secretly throw his vote.

Poor Benji, I am sorry we have lost him but it seemed to me that the best way to progress today was for us to lynch yesterday, and he seemed the best choice at the time. :sadnew:

I'm also sad at losing Eugene, and slightly surprised that he was a target given that he spent much of yesterday under suspicion. I wonder what inferences others had made about him that I have not?

I'm a little surprised, but relieved that only one of us was killed last night. In such a large group I was expecting more than one death, and the fact that only Eugene was a victim turns my thoughts to successful conversions or protection, although there could be other reasons behind the lack of death.

As to the oddity of Samuel's vote, was this just a one time action against him? Was he targeted as he is an outspoken clear thinker? Was it because Samuel was attempting to vote for Barbara? Is this a permanent affliction, or will it apply to someone else today?

Clearly I have many questions buzzing around my fine head of hair today. :sceptic:

In such a large group I was expecting more than one death, and the fact that only Eugene was a victim turns my thoughts to successful conversions or protection, although there could be other reasons behind the lack of death.

It is possible one of us has been poisoned and will die shortly. We can also allow for the possibility of the killer being blocked, though I'm aware that puts suspicions back on me. I agree, one death, while lovely for this town, is quite strange, and I, Petr, plan to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps the scum blocked me, because I claimed very loudly that I was vanilla townie and they thought I was trying to trick them, or town blocked me and the scum, by chance, found our vigilante, which I feel strongly with this number we must have.

While I may not have liked Eugene I lament that his death means one less townie.

Petr, did Eugene say why he thought Timur would kill him? I understand why he thought I might be suspect (even though he is wrong) but why Timur? I can't recall anything said yesterday that singles him out.

Eugene was my only ally. This is the final message I received from him.

From Eugene's message you quote... what is there to know on day 1? It sounds very odd, that Eugene seems to know something that he didn't tell others, besides you apparently, that approached him.

I myself awoke with a headache this morning, which I'm supposing means that I was blocked in the night. While this does not help me confirm my role of VANILLA townie, it does allow me to fully assure everyone that I am not a killer.

Whereas I have nothing specifically against you, I consider it likely you're Town at this stage as I said before placing my vote yesterday, you saying you woke up with a headache (which I agree, likely would mean you're blocked) does not clear you of being a killer of course. If it would, there would be a whole lot of people waking up with a headache tomorrow. :grin:

I'm afraid our suspect list was not slimmed down as much as we'd wanted, but we did learn of Samuel's strange voting. It's something to look into, and seems to be a town assuring thing to happen to one, assuming he's not scum that has the ability to secretly throw his vote.

I agree, but the other possibility you raise... :look: We will see how his vote behaves in today's tallies I guess.

Ouch! We're down two townies. Hopefully today we'll have enough evidence to make a successful conviction of a scum.

It's sad to hear Benji was indeed a townie. I don't think we'll be able to conclude much out of voting patters, as most people seemed to jump on the bandwagon.

I really wonder why the scum chose to kill Eugene. He was one of the few people accused yesterday, even if for no good reason. And There might be some reasons why he would be suspicious of Timur, like the ongoing discussion of the drug affair, or teh fact he was the second to vote for Benji (which doesn't have to mean much, as stated above).

Also the thing with Samuel's vote is quite strange. But we can't do more about that than watch it and specualte I'm afarid.

A true shame about the vote yesterday, but day 1. That's about all any of us can say there.

On the other hand, I find it very strange that the scum would kill Eugene. He was practically painting a target on his own back for us to vote him off and he was causing confusion. Those are reasons for the scum not to kill, which makes me consider the other possibility... the killer was a vigilante. Nothing they said indicates either way, though "druggie" sounds like something a loyal citizen might say to someone they perceive as a criminal, as opposed to one criminal to another. If that's the case, why didn't the scum kill anyone? Perhaps they were blocked and are trying to use that to their own advantage now? What better way to create the illusion that they are on our side.

As to the oddity of Samuel's vote, was this just a one time action against him? Was he targeted as he is an outspoken clear thinker? Was it because Samuel was attempting to vote for Barbara? Is this a permanent affliction, or will it apply to someone else today?

I'm wondering the same things, we will have to watch carefully to see what it all means. It could mean he has a secret and is being blackmailed. To be honest, it almost has to mean that unless it's a complete fabrication. Doesn't mean he's bad, just that they have a way to control him right now. That could be dangerous, or we could figure out a way to free him.

Samuel, does any of this sound possible to you? Do you have some kind of secret that isn't terrible, but might be enough to give someone power over you?

Damn it! I really though Benji was scum. :facepalm: And poor Eugene as well; even an addict doesn't deserve such a cruel fate.

Either you're voteless, or the scum hijacked your vote. If we're lucky, they also placed that vote on someone else, so we would know who did it, but it's more likely that one of the non-voters hijacked it. I looked back over the vote tally, and it says that 16 people voted for Benji, when there are only 15 names on the list. I think the scum can either take your vote and put it wherever they want without having to vote by themselves, or the scum hijacker is one of the people who voted for Benji, and his/her vote counted twice. What I find interesting is that you first found out it was hijacked when you tried to vote for Barbara. Maybe the scum tried to stop you from doing so?

Please bear in mind that is who he suspects, he had no evidence, but it certainly warrants further research. I myself awoke with a headache this morning, which I'm supposing means that I was blocked in the night. While this does not help me confirm my role of VANILLA townie, it does allow me to fully assure everyone that I am not a killer.

Alright, I fully understand why Eugene was suspicious of me, but I did not kill him. A few days ago Yesterday, he sent me a message asking me if I'm vanilla (which I am), claiming that it would 'bring forth' some important evidence. Since it was Day 1, I figured that it was in my best interests to play it safe and not tell him anything. If anyone wants to see the conversation, I'll post it here (if that's okay with God).

On the other hand, I find it very strange that the scum would kill Eugene. He was practically painting a target on his own back for us to vote him off and he was causing confusion. Those are reasons for the scum not to kill, which makes me consider the other possibility... the killer was a vigilante. Nothing they said indicates either way, though "druggie" sounds like something a loyal citizen might say to someone they perceive as a criminal, as opposed to one criminal to another. If that's the case, why didn't the scum kill anyone? Perhaps they were blocked and are trying to use that to their own advantage now? What better way to create the illusion that they are on our side.

Good point, Stanislav. Despite the 'Tommy' gun, Eugene's killer might actually be the vigilante. If that's the case, then either the scum killer got blocked last night, or they chose to convert instead (if they can).

I know people here already think I'm crazy, rather just the porn-loving alcoholic construction worker I am, but I don't think there was anything suspicious with Sammy's (may I call you Sammy? :blush: ) vote. In fact, I heard a bellowing commandment from God yesterday while I happened to be blindingly drunk, but I swear I heard it! It went like this:

If I didn't count Sandy's vote because he forgot the paranthesis (is that really why I didn't count it? :look: ) I'm certainly not going to count this crap. :tongue:

I don't know who this 'Sandy' is, but I wonder if they know Samuel :look:

Admittedly, it's not a definitive statement.

I hope everyone learned what they were hoping to by sentencing Benji to a six-foot grave. I realize it was a shot in the dark, or should I day, a shot in a well-lit restaurant... But, I'm having second thoughts about my judgment of Petr yesterday, based on his extreme forthcomingness today, so I don't really feel like wagging that annoying finger of shame, lest I be proven a drunken hypocrite later on :blush:

Was anything learnt last night?

I know people here already think I'm crazy, rather just the porn-loving alcoholic construction worker I am, but I don't think there was anything suspicious with Sammy's (may I call you Sammy? :blush: ) vote. In fact, I heard a bellowing commandment from God yesterday while I happened to be blindingly drunk, but I swear I heard it! It went like this:

That is not true. I corrected my vote after I saw it was not accepted, and it still wasn't accepted after that. Furthermore, my name was not on the list of voters NOR the non-voters, yet there was one extra vote. Counting one plus one, that extra vote must've been mine, but not cast by me personally.

This is really a confusing situation to be in, because I do not know if I can be of any help to this town or not. :sceptic:

Counting one plus one, that extra vote must've been mine, but not cast by me personally.

It is also possible that you don't have a vote, and someone else has a double vote. Looking at the numbers, if this was the case the double voter would be within the group that voted for Benji. I think it highly likely that this is the reason why the almighty didn't provide us with a tally in his usual way, else the double voter may have been more obvious.

It does also occur to me that having a double vote is not necessarily a scum attribute, in fact possibly quite the opposite. It could be, Samuel, that you are just unfortunately voteless and didn't realise until you tried. And if we'd all tried to avoid voting for anyone yesterday, we wouldn't know this.

I agree that it is a possibility, Patrick, but I really hope that's not the case. If I really am voteless, I'm as good as cannon fodder to our Town. :cry_sad:

That is not true. <snip>

I was hoping that referred to the crazy part, but I guess not... :cry_sad:

Gah. 2 Townies in one day/night. It's a good thing, though, that there was only one death. I too, expected more. However, I think the Tommy Gun is a fairly good giveaway that it was a scum kill. What better person for the scum to kill than one of the most suspicious from yesterday, to make it seem like a vigilante?

MegaBloks, I was sure Benji was scum. Apologies to him, if he can hear me from where he is now.

But as has been pointed out, the lynch was not without progress. I'm not sure what to think of Samuel's vote problem, though at the very least I think it makes him a little more trustworthy. Timur makes a good point about Samuel's vote failing when he was trying to vote for Barbara, but that, of course, depends entirely on the assumption that his vote was hijacked and he doesn't actually have no vote at all.

I do agree with Stanislav in that the killer last Night was probably the Vigilante. I don't think that kill really gives us any other information, though.

So where do we go Today? Shall we pick up where we left off with Yesterday's suspects (probably not the greatest idea), has someone noticed anything new we can lynch on, and most importantly, did anyone learn anything last Night?

What better person for the scum to kill than one of the most suspicious from yesterday, to make it seem like a vigilante?

Bad logic for a number of reasons.

1. You don't kill someone likely to get themselves killed by the town.

2. You don't kill someone likely to distract the town. He wouldn't shut up about his problems and that would have meant more discussion of it today, keeping the focus off the scum again.

3. The scum kill, it's part of why they're scum. Everyone knows it. Trying to disguise that by picking stupid targets is pointless and means you've wasted a chance to kill someone the town is less likely to.

*shakes his head*

Shall we pick up where we left off with Yesterday's suspects (probably not the greatest idea), has someone noticed anything new we can lynch on, and most importantly, did anyone learn anything last Night?

Well, from yesterday's suspects, we've got Barbara, Petr and Nika left. At least we should keep an eye on all of them, but if somebody has some new names to bring to the table, please do!

Bad logic for a number of reasons.

1. You don't kill someone likely to get themselves killed by the town.

2. You don't kill someone likely to distract the town. He wouldn't shut up about his problems and that would have meant more discussion of it today, keeping the focus off the scum again.

3. The scum kill, it's part of why they're scum. Everyone knows it. Trying to disguise that by picking stupid targets is pointless and means you've wasted a chance to kill someone the town is less likely to.

*shakes his head*

1. Yeah, but killing them sooner makes it seem more like Timur or Nika did it, since both of them tried to vote him out yesterday.

2. No, it would've transfered to focus to them.

3. If you think about it for 2 seconds, wouldn't killing someone who has such obvious enemies make it seem like those enemies did it? The scum wouldn't waste a kill on a stupid target for no reason, but they WOULD if it meant the townies were going to vote out one of their own.

And unless I'm mistaken, it was agreed yesterday, generally, that Eugene was just being stupid and over-roleplaying. So I doubt it would've made him today's prime suspect.

Well, from yesterday's suspects, we've got Barbara, Petr and Nika left. At least we should keep an eye on all of them, but if somebody has some new names to bring to the table, please do!

Agreed. I'm still slightly suspicious of all of them. A lot of Barbara's suspiciousness hinges on your voting problem. Something still strikes me as wrong with Petr, namely his erratic behavior in bringing up suspects, but that could just be him trying to explore all possibilities in case he dies, and it's not even close to enough to lynch on at this point. Nika, on the other hand, seems Town, but I'm not ruling anyone out yet.