Hinckley

MOC: Art Deco Movie Theater

indexed.gif B-OM-5C

Modular Art Deco Movie Theater

003.jpg

Art Deco Movie Theater: In continuing my Town in Progress project, I bring you my latest modular creation. This is an update and modification of the movie theater from the 10184 Town Plan. Enjoy and look for more pics of the roof and projector room soon. This is the most detailed interior I've built so far, but in the interest in producing some work, I left the second floor unfinished so I could show it. It's been a while since I've built something and I've been working on this on and off for some time. Enjoy!

Art Deco Movie Theater menu on BrickZone

More detail shots: (click on any pic for the menu...)

004.jpg012.jpg015.jpg023.jpg

Enjoy and please feel free to leave feedback. Thanks! :sweet:

very cool.

On a side note. I would love to see a building with some graffiti on the side wall. Just like in real life. I don't know why.

Hinckley, best ever modular mocs ever! It's just so amazing and I am very speechless. I love the entire building design and the color scheme is awesome. The corridor inside the theater with its red carpet is similar to the ones in my countries. Of course, the building design is not grand as yours. This is exactly what a grand theater should look like. I am sure with Cafe Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, and your very own Art Deco Movie Theater. It just looks amazing. Perhaps, you could name the street after you. :tongue:

Oh, did anyone tell you that someone featured this moc in Classic-Town.net? :look::blush:

Holy smokes, that's awesome! The SNOT, the detail, the wicked techniques. I love it! Superb job, Hinckley. :thumbup: One thing I'm not sure about though is the sand green. Not sure of a replacement though...

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Finally a place to watch the whacker and the walrus :laugh: ! You should work for the lego company! I like how you used those fish, are those white helmets for lights and also is there a second story ?

Edited by wulf

Hink, this is bloody fantastic! :thumbup: I can't tell you how impressed I am. This is great. One of my favourite parts is how you used those huge windows without making it look really <insert that tiresome argument> and basic. Great work!

Calling this a "modification" of the theater from 10184 is a bit of an understatement! WOW - great work!

Edited by spade450

I agree with spade450, modification is an understatement. I'd call this a MOC. It's very, very cool, though.

But, I can't help but think that it looks more gothic with art-deco inspiration that art-deco. I thought art-deco was more simplistic?

Wow. This is just plain stunning. Any chance of a photo alongside another modular set?

But, I can't help but think that it looks more gothic with art-deco inspiration that art-deco. I thought art-deco was more simplistic?

Yes, I agree.

Impressive work! :sweet:

I really like that art-deco style so well designed (the main wall has some great details! :wink:), and the interior is also well detailed. I've to say Bravo! :thumbup:

just look like a cinema I used to go in Marseille 10 years ago ^^ that's a wonderful creation, I just love every details in it , even if the floor is a little too much " art deco " at some places XD that's really a cool amazing creation !

My word that is an astounding creation - it looks amazing. Very reminiscent of Art Deco buildings I've seen/visited.

The amount of detail is great. I particularly like the Rebel helmets with trans light blue visors as old-style uplighters.

Very very similar, apart from the colours to a 1958 box lid graphic of a cinema I once came across. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Wow! This is really impressive Hinck. I don't think I could ever build something like this. It definately takes a really good and unique builder to create the details that you have captured in this superb creation, esp those in the the upper section and interior of the cinema. I really like the colors of the first floor that look a lot like Lego's official Town Plan combined with different colors used above. The detail is incredible. I esp. like the all well-known concession stand complete with popcorn bricks and soda machine - very nice! Makes me hungry for some popcorn and a good Western.

The entire MOC is excellent; and as always, an outstanding creation. Great job! :thumbup:

I opened this thread and my jaw hit the floor! What a creation! I'm very VERY impressed. It looks simply beautiful. Well done!!

This is a really great piece of work. I've never seen these techniques used in such abundance. It takes a while to see all the detail!

How long did it take? Did you have all the ideas in your head or did you build as you go, trying new pieces here and there, etc?

This is a really great piece of work. I've never seen these techniques used in such abundance. It takes a while to see all the detail!

How long did it take? Did you have all the ideas in your head or did you build as you go, trying new pieces here and there, etc?

very nice outlook, it is much beter than town plan one but the fish at the front is not matched to the cinema!

Very impressive Hinck, well done. The detail on the interior is really nice, I like what you did with the floors, and the main cinema is very cool. As for the exterior, well, what is there to say? It's awesome. It reminds me a lot of a cinema I saw in Melbourne whilst I was away, I can't remember what it was called, but it had this sort of style to it. It has a very grand, looming sort of quality, I like it! The inclusion of pieces from the Town Plan set is very nicely done and add to this MOC in a positive way. I also like your creative use of parts, such as the use of SW rebel helmets. The top half is very clever with some nice use of sand green to highlight the greys. The topography is very well thought out too.

My one criticism is that the second floor looks a little empty. :tongue:

Keep building mate, I'm looking forward to seeing your newly refurbished town complete! I only wonder what devilishly evil things the people of Moonlight will get up to in that cinema during the Baritones 2. :devil:

This really took me by surprise last night and left me mumbling "wow." Absolutely stunning, Hinckley.

Edited by dj2005

Incredible build. I basically echo everything that Draggy said. The outside is stunning, and inside is wondeful, the details are everywhere. The whole thing is truthfully wondeful. It looks gothic, but I like that. The upper part look like part of an olden church, prehaps.

http://brickzone.net/images/_mocs/theater/008.html

That looks like the front of a truch drove through and got stuck there, but it may just be me. :tongue:

Overall super fantastic job!

Amazing! :sweet:

Love the use of the rebel helmets. :thumbup: