You got it from my LGEO package or somewhere else? Because I'm quite interesting on how you got such a smooth surface.

You got it from my LGEO package or somewhere else? Because I'm quite interesting on how you got such a smooth surface.

Right, I am using LGEO lib for the crater baseplate, so if it's you who made LGEO then yes... :classic:

Basically what I did was I took most of the LDview generated .pov, transformed it to my needs and used it in my LDD rendering setup (color, bg, lights etc.). In fact kind a partial hybrid LDD/LDraw POVRAY render. :wink:

Edited by bublible

OK, so this was generated by ldview. It does a really good job to smooth edges of ldraw parts.

BTW, I haven't made LGEO lib but I'm currently releasing new parts for it.

See here.

OK, so this was generated by ldview. It does a really good job to smooth edges of ldraw parts.

Actually I used MLCAD and Ldview settings from this post (I am working with LDD, so I only needed this one crater baseplate .pov export to start working on my "trick", nothing else, so I am not able tell you anything more about LDRAW stuff, sorry :sceptic: ):

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65876

I've released the crater baseplate in my new LGEO parts for PovRay package.

Have you tried it ? You can find it here.

I've released the crater baseplate in my new LGEO parts for PovRay package.

Have you tried it ? You can find it here.

Yes, I have noticed it but your bricks make problem with LDcad I am willing to use so I rather stay with the official bricks...better said, tomorrow roland - developer of that sw - found out the actual problem is your extremely detailed logo-on-stud/stud(s) having cca. 65000000 vertices which make his sw crash, sorry :sceptic: