Pandora

Mafia School: Police Infiltration - Day Four

8091016757_9fcb45e856_c.jpg

The station is eerily quiet; not much is happening. Ian has been cooped up so long in the Police Station that his papers have been piling up for him to read, so he sits down with a mug of cocoa and leafs through his briefs.

8091026841_c61d20c4ec_c.jpg

"This is ridiculous" he mutters to himself "anyone can pick a hole in that flimsy argument, they must be either a criminal or very silly" he carries on muttering as a dark figure appears behind him, poised to strike.

8091031042_5ae3b58675_c.jpg

"Oh.." is all Ian manages to utter before his head is severed from his sharply suited body.

8091023543_a3a0abab43_c.jpg

Blood gushes and oozes all over his important legal documents, but Ian won't be needing them any longer. As is now traditional, the deadly black figure scampers off into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Once more Poppy and Randy are awake in the middle of the night, and have gathered the corpses for collection.

8091022057_a16bb6e9ff_c.jpg

"Just two tonight, eh Randy?" says Poppy

"Yeah" replies Randy as he dials a number on his phone "and you shot one of them. In the face."

"Yup" says Poppy "indeed I did"

And once Randy has called in the pick-up, the two return back inside the station to pass the time until morning.

The following morning people are stretching out a bit, finding they have a bit more space in the general office.

8091019293_8edd5bfe9e_c.jpg

"Ok" starts Poppy "Randy's had the call, and we have some news for you about Henrietta."

"Yes, it's true" continues Randy "Henrietta was indeed a bored divorceé."

The crowd gasp theatrically

"Furthermore, I can reveal that Henrietta was also a member of the Kirksville Town" adds Randy, to yet more gasps

"And I'm sure some of you will have noticed Ian's absence from this morning's gathering" says Poppy, as muttering from the crowd confirmed they had noticed and some were a bit concerned about it.

"He too was an innocent and loyal Townie, and we know this because he was found dead last night." Poppy finishes

"Slowly but surely the scum are killing you off, so if you're going to make a stand, now's a good time to do so." says Randy "We've told you how to do it and what to look out for, but now you just need to put it into practice to succeed."

"And if you don't" states Poppy "I'll shoot you myself"

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters, if any, have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will usually last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Also, you may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Role PMs

All players have been sent a Role PM in the following format.

<EB Username>,

Welcome to Police Infiltration: A Mafia School Game. Information about your character and role can be found below. Please use only this PM to communicate with us about the game. No other form of communication will be acknowledged. To start off, set your avatar to the picture below (or put it in your signature), put your character’s name in your signature (don’t reveal your affiliation or role!), and confirm your participation in this thread.

Good luck and have fun!

Pandora and Rick

Your Character

<Character image>

<Character name>, <Character description>

<The extended character description that can also be found in the Confirmation and Discussion Thread goes here.>

Your Role

You are a member of the Town and are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night action. You will need to use your skills in deduction and analysis, and your wits to combat the Mafia, but don’t forget that your vote is the most powerful weapon you have.

or

You are a member of the Town and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.

or

You are a member of the Mafia and are a Goon.

or

You are a member of the Mafia and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.

Your Win Condition

You win when the Mafia is eliminated.

or

You win when the Mafia outnumbers the Town.

Characters

Non-Playing Characters

7576579534_0df0d91269_t.jpg

Poppy, Chief Inspector and new Chief of Police, played by Pandora

7576542838_749382f63e_t.jpg

Randy, Special Agent of the KIA, played by Rick

Players

7576590826_acac1df113_t.jpg

Adam, Motorcycle Cop, played by badboytje88

7576582272_330e1ae0e1_t.jpg

Christine, Coffee Lady, played by konze

7576564728_ba0333dd0e_t.jpg

Isaac, Janitor, played by TrumpetKing67

7576560040_629ce5f28b_t.jpg

Jared, Beat Cop, played by Ferrik

7576554368_ca4d461c83_t.jpg

Kendra, Beat Cop, played by Stormblessed

7576548838_bf5e8b1c56_t.jpg

Phil, Detective, played by Scorpiox

7576545966_d0e44181a2_t.jpg

Phyllis, Beat Cop, played by Superficial Username

7576539870_76e91efc77_t.jpg

Samantha, Local 'Masseuse', played by DarthPotato

The Deceased

8033453557_b4594f5a92_t.jpg

Jean, Local Bum, played by Endgame, Town, Lynched on Day 1

8039522780_8681984ceb_t.jpg

Gary, Bomb Disposal Officer, played by Adam, Town, Decapitated on Night 1

8039523034_d1b053ded2_t.jpg

Andrea, Secretary to the Chief of Police, played by PsyKater, Town, Chopped to pieces on Night 1

8051311199_08fafd3f8f_t.jpg

Zachary, Forensic Officer, played by zakura, Mafia, Lynched on Day 2

8057166522_f523f572eb_t.jpg

Amelia, Desk Sergeant, played by TheBoyWonder, Mafia, Chopped to pieces on Night 2

8057166677_0cc109e57c_t.jpg

Mark, Team Leader Vice Squad, played by JaseTJ, Town, Decapitated on Night 2

8080346443_35e14fd7d0_t.jpg

Henrietta, Undercover Cop, played by Masked Builder, Town, Shot (mod-killed) on Day 3

8094408016_dd12be2c30_t.jpg

Ian, Lawyer, played by Tazmaniac, Town, Decapitated on Night 3

Damn. Ian was one of our most helpful and outspoken allies, it's going to be difficult without him. But there are many things that we've got to go off for today.

Darn it... I'll admit that I'm pretty surprised about Henrietta. But Ian, he was pretty vocal and helpful. It's sad to see him go, but we'll have to move on if we're to find the scum. And we'll have to start making lynches again because we didn't take advantage of that opportunity yesterday.

I agree with Samacntha. Henrietta seemed scummy. I feel so bad for Ian. I am not quite sure about who my op suspiscion under the conditions that Chrstine is "town."

Maybe today Christine can join us in discussion. If you don't you got my vote, cause you aint helping!

I agree with Samacntha. Henrietta seemed scummy. I feel so bad for Ian. I am not quite sure about who my op suspiscion under the conditions that Chrstine is "town."

Did I miss something? How do you know Christine is town?

AAAAAAtchoooooh

Wel, I mean in a hypothetical statement, should Kendra's statements be true, then Christine could be considered town. I do agree that she needs t spea up or she will alao get my vote.

Aaatchoo! Sniffle. Supposing Kendra's statements are hypthetically true, then Christine could be considered town. Key word Could. Cough ough. And yes, Christine, thisis your final chance from me.

It's very difficult. I'm not sure who is town or mafia.

*HA HA HA TSCHIIII*

Edited by konze

I don't think anyone knows who the mafia or town are, Christine. While I am not 100% sure you are scum, you are obviously trying to fly under the *Hatchoo!* radar. *sniffle*, which is now leading my suspiscions to a 90%. Now, Christine, do you have any reasons for your random, obvious, posts?

Well, that's a shame... Losing two more townies... "Couhgs uncontrollably* HeHem... Well I'd like to see Christine talk a bit more too. Christine, I'm not accusing you of being mafia, I just think you can contribute a bit more.

Now, Christine, do you have any reasons for your random, obvious, posts?

Small talk. My actual problem is, I don't know what I can contribute... I don't want to repeat the posts of others.

I know I'm not the best interrogator. From now on I will contribute more.

I would like to hear something from Phyllis. *sniff*

Edited by konze

Small talk. My actual problem is, I don't know what I can contribute... I don't want to repeat the posts of others.

I know I'm not the best interrogator. From now on I will contribute more.

I would like to hear something from Phyllis. *sniff*

Cough! Any particular reason why? Saying 'I'd like to hear from so-and-so!' isn't contributing, miss. Just trying to pass on the gaze from you to Phyllis over there with no reasoning is a very suspicious thing to do. So far these past days, you've done very little to actually help us here in our efforts, and part of me is saying that you don't want to. So please, tell us what you'd like to hear from Phyllis, before I set my mind up about you.

So please, tell us what you'd like to hear from Phyllis, before I set my mind up about you.

She is also very quiet, like me. This is the reason why I want to hear something from her.

She is also very quiet, like me. This is the reason why I want to hear something from her.

Although I have to admit I would like to hear Phyllis speak up a little bit too, your real reason is:

I do not want to be the main focus of this day, lets point the finger of suspicion at someone else...

Day Four Interlude

It's lunchtime and Randy and Poppy are grabbing a bite to eat, while other Stationers are considering the events of the day so far, and of the previous days.

8097576910_3ff86cee4a_c.jpg

"Aaaachooo!" Poppy sneezes

"Are you ok? You're not feeling unwell are you?" asks Randy concernedly

"Nah, I'm fine" replies Poppy "just too much pepper on my sandwich."

8097563081_6b017a118b_c.jpg

"Oh, ok." replies Randy "It's a significant day today, isn't it?" he continues rhetorically

"mm-hmm" agrees Poppy munching on her sandwich

8097575108_9d85542960_c.jpg

"What with only half of them left now..." he says, looking around.

You may now vote; with 8 players remaining, 5 votes are needed for a conviction.

Vote Tally

Christine (konze): 2 votes (2 penalty votes)

Phil (Scorpiox): 2 votes (2 penalty votes)

In accordance with Rule 12, vote penalties of half the required majority have been incurred by konze and Scorpiox for violation of Rule 8 and Rule 9, respectively.

I do not want to be the main focus of this day, lets point the finger of suspicion at someone else...

Come on, everybody wants this. This is one reason why we are locked in here.

Come on, everybody wants this. This is one reason why we are locked in here.

So you admit trying to divert attention away from yourself? What would any innocent member of the establishment want to divert attention away from themself for, if they have nothing to hide? Why not try disproving some accusations for a change, instead of just dodging. Scumtell, there.

So you admit trying to divert attention away from yourself? What would any innocent member of the establishment want to divert attention away from themself for, if they have nothing to hide? Why not try disproving some accusations for a change, instead of just dodging. Scumtell, there.

There are no accusations.

Too bad about Ian there. :cry_sad: Henrietta too I suppose, but you know... :hmpf_bad:

Yes, I know I have been quiet, but is there anything in particular you would, *sniff,* like me to answer too?

Yes, I know I have been quiet, but is there anything in particular you would, *sniff,* like me to answer too?

No not really, this was just an example to show how ridiculous this is.

Something that troubles me about Ian dying was that he had something to say yesterday, but he never had time to say it before the day ended. Now he's dead. Maybe this is linked with his murder?

Never mind, looking back he did say something. Wasn't he accusing you, Adam?

I will admit I haven't been playing a very good game, not having taken detailed notes or suff, but my theory for Christine being a townie is simple. She voted for Zachary of day one. Why would a scum vote for their teammate on day one when they aren t in danger of being lynched. Unless it was some sort of complicated plan to make it seem like she was town, but that doesn't appear likely. Although, Zachary did pretty much kill himself on day two with penalties.

Anyways I would like to hear more from Christine about who she thinks is scum because an unhelpful townie is almost as bad as a scum. Because when there are so few townies left, everyone needs to talk or the scum will take over the conversation.

I sure hope that some PR created a block, but I'd wouldnt bet on it.

I will admit I haven't been playing a very good game, not having taken detailed notes or suff, but my theory for Christine being a townie is simple. She voted for Zachary of day one. Why would a scum vote for their teammate on day one when they aren t in danger of being lynched. Unless it was some sort of complicated plan to make it seem like she was town, but that doesn't appear likely. Although, Zachary did pretty much kill himself on day two with penalties.

Well that's a good theory you have there and it could just be right. However, I just want to see how the quieter people around here react before beginning to vote at all.

No not really, this was just an example to show how ridiculous this is.

Ah, okay.

Yeah, I would have voted for Christine yesterday, but her voting for Zachary gave me more of a middle of the road feeling.

I sure hope that some PR created a block, but I'd wouldnt bet on it.

Could you tell me what you mean by this? When you say that, I think that you are referring to the lack of a kill. What if that is the town killer and they were blocked by the scum? Then the scum would have a very good idea who the vig is, and we do not want that.

A fair point you raise there, Kendra.

Well that's a good theory you have there and it could just be right. However, I just want to see how the quieter people around here react before beginning to vote at all.

Who exactly are these quieter people you'd like to speak up? You have to name names or else nobody will be able to respond to you. Please, share your suspicions, or are you just talking any old rubbish to avoid being noticed?

Here is the voting information from day one and two that matter. I shall put in red the people who are scum and dead. And in green the people who are townies and dead.

Jean (Endgame): 9 votes (TrumpetKing67, Scorpiox, Masked Builder, DarthPotato, badboytje88, Ferrik, JaseTJ, Superficial Username, PsyKater)

Zachary (Zakura): 3 votes (TheBoyWonder, konze, Endgame)

Ok, but here is another point I would like to raise about Christine. She has been unhelpful, hasn't contributed anything and I don't trust her. However she voted for Zachary on day one. Do you want to know who else voted for Zachary on day one? Amelia [the boy wonder], the other scum we caught. Unless the scum can change the identities of the deceased (I sure hope not), that means that one scum voted for another on day one. Jean [endgame] was the other person to vote for Zachary. So, Christine could very well be scum.

The Jean information is just there, but I do think it is interesting that none of the scum we know about voted for Jean. But there probably were scum that voted for Jean.

Isaac (TrumpetKing67): 6 votes (TheBoyWonder, Masked Builder, Stormblessed, badboytje88, zakura, DarthPotato)

and

Zachary (zakura): 7 votes (konze, penalty, penalty, Scorpiox, JaseTJ, Ferrik, TrumpetKing67)

I have been focusing on Isaac for the last few days, missing much else. But here we have me, badboy, and Darthpotato voting for Isaac who as still alive. The dead were two scum and a townie. This does make me think that Isaac is a townie, but as we can see from day one, scum have voted for townies before. And Zachary did kill himself more that people wanted him dead. However, as you can see here, Amelia [the boy wonder] stops voting for Zachary so perhaps Christine is actually town, as without her, Zachary probably wouldn't have been lynched. Even though a scum did vote on the first day for Zachary, on the second day, he was barely lynched. However, we don't have information on many of the people's identities here so its pretty inconclusive. But that's my gut feeling.

Putting off my confusion on where Christine is (still just think she is just an unhelpful townie), I think Adam should be lynched. As DarthPotato pointed out earlier, Ian had been accusing you before he died and you also voted for Isaac (so did I, but I explained myself during day three before memory wipe). You voted for Isaac on day two, Jean on day one, and haven't been helpful in anyway or contributed anything. Therefore, I:

Vote: Adam (badboytje88)

and urge everyone else to vote Adam as well.